The Religion/Spirituality Thread

Ace Nova

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Dazey said:

Head of the Catholic Church in the UK did fuck all about child abuse. Offered his resignation (why the fuck he's not in prison I'll never know) and Pope Frank told him not to bother. I give up! 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54889033

Don't put the cart in front of the horse until Pope Francis makes a statement on the matter, imo  Based on how Pope Francis has handled the Church it's likely he doesn't want the Cardinal to "resign" and "walk away" from issues that happened under his watch, imo. 

In layman's terms, "No, you're not going to resign and run away from this.  You're going to stay and handle your business." 

It's much easier to "resign and walk away" than it would be to stay and handle the heat, imo.  Ask yourself this, what benefit would a 75 year old Cardinal have by staying?  Much easier to "retire and walk away", no?

This is 100% my opinion and conjecture....so I'll wait to see if the Pope comments on it before forming an opinion. 

Edited by Ace Nova

• 2 weeks later...

christianity has been such a help in these times. There is no fear where I'm sitting, I'm perfectly calm and content with my situation. The world around me is on fire, but that doesn't scare me. 

The more that my religion is ridiculed, the more I'm affirmed in my position. 

there is love, for all the good people.

3 hours ago, Ace Nova said:

Obviously the majority of Christians don't feel that way. Smh.  A complete misunderstanding of the teachings of Christ and Christianity, imo. 

I realize that, but funny that someone thought this was a sales pitch for Christianity

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, action said:

christianity has been such a help in these times. There is no fear where I'm sitting, I'm perfectly calm and content with my situation. The world around me is on fire, but that doesn't scare me. 

What? You were absolutely off the hinges during the first weeks of the pandemic :D

What has helped has been science. It has brought us vaccines and improved treatments.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/10/2020 at 9:35 PM, Dazey said:

Head of the Catholic Church in the UK did fuck all about child abuse. Offered his resignation (why the fuck he's not in prison I'll never know) and Pope Frank told him not to bother. I give up! 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54889033

Mate, no one fuckin’ cares.  Fights ain’t about morals and right and wrong, they’re about who you’re up against and the catholic church is unfuckwitable as the Fabolous song goes.

Edited by Len Cnut

19 hours ago, downzy said:

😂

F0342934-5F69-4AF6-8CAC-E7BDEE218D93.thumb.jpeg.1df9aa34e006274146ac86fbf1aef799.jpeg

I don’t think I’ve ever felt so empowered! :lol:  

4 hours ago, Ace Nova said:

Obviously the majority of Christians don't feel that way. Smh.  A complete misunderstanding of the teachings of Christ and Christianity, imo. 

Looking at it with the right kind of eyes ita like...you look at the world and its a big overbearing confusing thing, to those in search of a higher power it’s not the worst of statements.

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

What? You were absolutely off the hinges during the first weeks of the pandemic :D

I could say a thing or two about you too, the first weeks of the pandemic.

but what's the point? Also, I would be repeating myself and it's my policy not to do so.

20 minutes ago, action said:

I could say a thing or two about you too, the first weeks of the pandemic.

but what's the point? Also, I would be repeating myself and it's my policy not to do so.

Are you alluding to Soul ''masks are useless'' Monster? I actually agreed more with that variant of the Soul Monster. Bring him back!

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Are you alluding to Soul ''masks are useless'' Monster? I actually agreed more with that variant of the Soul Monster. Bring him back!

There really isn't a version of soul that I'd prefer. it was just the same lecturing, with a different coat of paint. I think we'll just have to deal with him "as is".

Just now, action said:

There really isn't a version of soul that I'd prefer. it was just the same lecturing, with a different coat of paint. I think we'll just have to deal with him "as is".

Not even the version that said ''corona would kill a handful of people and be over in a few months''? He was my favourite Soul of all. 

5 minutes ago, action said:

I have to hand that one to him. its not easy to beat me when it comes to talking bollox. 

The problem with Soul is he has self delegated himself as the resident expert on science yet clearly doesn't know anything about the subject of science. My eight year old nephew probably has a greater understanding of the subject.

14 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

If things don't go your way there's nothing you can do to change it because what's meant to happen will happen.  I'm pretty sure @31illusions can relate to this viewpoint.  

EDIT: Forgot we're not allowed to post youtube links anymore.  My bad.

Ricky Gervais' joke from the video:

A holocaust survivor dies, goes to heaven, and tells God a holocaust joke.

God says that's not funny.

The man responds, "I guess you had to be there."

And yet some think praying to find their keys to a God who couldn't do shit about the holocaust makes sense.

8 minutes ago, downzy said:

And yet some think praying to find their keys to a God who couldn't do shit about the holocaust makes sense.

You can blame Eve for that one.

2 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

You can blame Eve for that one.

Sorry, what?

I know we're about to go off topic here, but are you saying that God doesn't interfere with human's affairs because of what Eve did? 

If so, then what use is prayer?  How is everything pre-ordained by God if he/she/it doesn't get involved?  

1 hour ago, downzy said:

It depends on who you ask. Not all the religions have the same views, not even among Christian denominations. Some Christian religions believe you make your own destiny. And that there is something called free will.  I think Jewish believe this as well. I'm far from being an expert in religion. But that's what I heard from some people who are involved and  have study religions.

2 hours ago, Padme said:

It depends on who you ask. Not all the religions have the same views, not even among Christian denominations. Some Christian religions believe you make your own destiny. And that there is something called free will.  I think Jewish believe this as well. I'm far from being an expert in religion. But that's what I heard from some people who are involved and  have study religions.

It doesn’t matter who you ask, the problem remains the same.

If God doesn’t get involved then prayer is pointless.  

Or, if everything is preordained then prayer is also pointless.  

Or, God does listen to prayer but decided to take some time off when 6 million Jews were gassed to death and hence isn’t anyone or anything worth praying to. 

In any case it seems as though prayer is a useless exercise.