Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

14 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Now that Shadow of your Love is essentially 100% confirmed to be the new single, what do you guys think the odds are of the band performing it in the upcoming shows? It would be a mindfuck to see it performed live after 30 odd years.

it would indeed be a mindfuck if it was GNR

9 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Well case in point, IF you care about that other stuff, you DO have an investment in "Appetite Deluxe"..as how it performers will very much dictate how much in the future they pursue say the Illusions pro-shot things you desire ...

Im kind of broke right now,so 650$ is totally not possible. 

If i had the money i would probably do that though 

14 hours ago, Kelmi said:

Bunch of bollocs. These demos and alternate versions were left out for a good reason. They are average or below average songs. 

so november rain, you could be mine, perfect crime, dont cry and back off bitch are average or below average songs?

14 hours ago, Cruel Intentions said:

I think it's cool they're doing something special for AFD, but the fact that there's not even an exclusive single by the new lineup greatly disappoints me, and pretty much confirms that we're never going to get any new music. I was really holding out hope that they'd put out a new single as a way to push sales, but alas. 

so you really think that a new GNA single would help push sales?

3 minutes ago, downzy said:

Makes sense if the box set is limited.  

Plus to maximize sells I’m sure you can get the audio on iTunes or wherever. 

But yea I hope nobody is preordering on amazon thinking they are getting the box. 

At the end of the video ad for it it says available at Gunsnroses.com

Damn, that means they will probably be shipping it out like they do the Nightrain packages. You think people get mad about an $80 Nightrain package, imagine when they start shipping $600-$700 packages 2 or 3 months after the release date :lol:

Just now, StoneTempleRoses said:

There's gotta some kind of merch with the 4 disc set I would have to imagine. Just 4 audio CD's could never be sold alone for $180

That is the package that I am waiting for info on.

Just now, comboguns said:

If this deluxe edition sells very well , I think GNR will feel more motivated to release a new album .

Or more box sets

The nerd part of me is wondering who did the remastering job of the original - and I hope they got someone great and tasteful like Bernie Grundman!  Fingers crossed for a non-dynamically compromised remastering job

2 hours ago, default_ said:

As for Izzy and Steven, Slash did the skull drawings, didnt he? And it became an iconic artwork, the skulls are part of the album artwork and they can do whatever they want with it. 

Slash could come in public and say the Izzy skull is actually Fortus and Adler is Frank before getting bald and he has all the right in the world to do so. 

Slash did not draw those skulls