Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

3 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

It sounds like Shadow of your love hasn't been just remixed, but perhaps rerecored.  Maybe not everything, but Slash's parts sound new. If other songs like Bring it back home find that light of day, that would be pretty cool imo. A completely new song would be stellar, but I'm trying to keep my expectations in check. But what other "goodies" could be on this thing does have me interested.

Axl's vocal too. Definitely not 1986 LOL

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Slasher89 said:

Steven Adler on Facebook just commented on the billboards, interesting.

Mitch Lafon shared Izzy's skull, always on Facebook

I just read that. He doesn't sound like he's involved but he'd likely be throwing a shit fit if he wasn't so he may be showing uncharacteristic restraint, one way or the other.

2 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

I just read that. He doesn't sound like he's involved but he'd likely be throwing a shit fit if he wasn't so he may be showing uncharacteristic restraint, one way or the other.

Doesn't seems like he's going to do something or play but he gave a kind of rendez vous in two weeks to celebrate AFD 

Just now, youngswedishvinyl said:

Is it just me or does Slash's guitar tone sound more NITL-ish than AFD?

His rhythm/chord part sounds more metal and modern, while the lead lick at very end of clip sounds very classic to my ears.

I’m thinking it could be an AFD remaster with some bonus love songs and rare songs. Or it could be the show with all 5. Or it could be a new album. I was thinking that they might play AFD in its entirety, like what Metallica did with their early Albums a few years ago.

11 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Shadow is streaming? That's pretty rad. 

Agreed man, that is terribly exciting to me!! I LOVE that f'n song... Maybe it is a box set with a re-mastered LIES.. I always envisioned then re-releasing it someday with Shadows on the LLAS side. Then they would probably ruin it by taking OIAM off of it.. Didn't Axl talk about removing it from LIES in the past?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ninjapie24 said:

I’m thinking it could be an AFD remaster with some bonus love songs and rare songs. Or it could be the show with all 5. Or it could be a new album. I was thinking that they might play AFD in its entirety, like what Metallica did with their early Albums a few years ago.

Meant to say live, god I hate auto correct.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

I'd like to optimistically believe that they didn't do anything for the 30th Anniversary because they needed time to do more than just throw out a quick re-issue. 

Well, to be fair they had 30 fucking years.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, BadApples99 said:

The 6 dots that are in the Netherlands are located at record stores. I don't know if that means anything?

I immediately recognized Sounds in Venlo, one of the bigger and famous record stores around, so that can't be a coincidence, I don't see any other reason to have a dot there.

• Like 2