Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

1 minute ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

If it has ANYTHING we haven't heard before on it, I'll crap my pants. Even if it's just ONE song. I don't care if it's from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, or new. Just SOMETHING we haven't heard before would be epic.

This is what I meant earlier. I mean, for fucks sake, the standards of the GnR community are low. In reality it's absolutely ridiculous just how little GnR has done in the past 2 decades. Why should we go apeshit over just one song? Let alone buy an expensive box set? Because that'd be a damn fucking expensive song! 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, username said:

Five different versions actually. One recording from the early 90's as a B-side to Live And Let Die, one on the Japanase Live From The Jungle EP from 1986 (and if I remember that's "fake live" just like Live Like A Suicide ...right?). And then there were 3 versions on the Hollywood Rose: The Roots Of Guns n' Roses album. 

Yeah. Some people claim that the LALD version and fake live version were actually the same, but one is sped up.

Check out my updated tour flyer for my Australia tour with my official band line up. The other pic is me on a billboard with my original brothers who started it all with me. The five of us together made the greatest rock album of all time. I will always be proud of what we did together. I will see all of you down under in two weeks so we can pay tribute to Appetite for Destruction. 2764.png❤️1f4af.png💯1f388.png🎈1f525.png🔥1f918.png🤘1f918.png🤘

• Like 2

Just now, Edward Nigma said:

Wondering if any tracks exist that the fans have never heard and that includes demos etc.

I've heard rumors of CD 2 songs floating around that I haven't personally heard. Perhaps others around here have. I've heard all the leaked things from the 80s all the way to the better remixes though.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, username said:

This is what I meant earlier. I mean, for fucks sake, the standards of the GnR community are low. In reality it's absolutely ridiculous just how little GnR has done in the past 2 decades. Why should we go apeshit over just one song? Let alone buy an expensive box set? Because that'd be a damn fucking expensive song! 

I get what your saying, but new music with Slash and Duff on it is pretty special. We NEVER thought that would happen.

1 hour ago, Stress Fracture said:

A lot of sensational and naive headlines surrounding this. 

Common sense says an AFD reissue/box set but even with those expectations this band always finds a way to disappoint.

Yeah but to be fair to the people writing those headlines, this is exactly why the band does things in this super-cryptic way. Whipping up that kind of reaction is the intended result.

3 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I get what your saying, but new music with Slash and Duff on it is pretty special. We NEVER thought that would happen.

Funny thing is, this thing has to be really damn good for a fair price just to make me not feel like buying it is basically taking Team Brazil's cock in the ass. And that feeling would be a damn great reason for me not to buy it. It's a matter of principle by now. 

In June 1988, Axl said they had "about 27 songs together when Geffen first signed us" in March 26, 1986. Here are songs it is likely to think Axl might have thought of, including covers:

Reckless Life, Shadow of Your Love, Nice Boys, Move to the City, Mama Kin, Heartbreak Hotel, Anything Goes, Don't Cry, Think About You, Jumpin' Jack Flash, Back Off Bitch, Welcome to the Jungle, American Band, Rocket Queen, Paradise City, Whole Lotta Rosie, Nightrain, My Michelle, Goodnight Tonight, November Rain, and Out Ta Get Me.

All of these songs had either been played live by the band by the time they were signed or we know the band had worked on them. It's 22 of them. Did Axl simply exaggerate slightly, did he think of additional songs from Hollywood Rose, had they already rehearsed other songs that they would later play live...or are there some songs the band wrote but never got to play live and which we simply don't know about today? Songs that were discarded and with no demos surfacing?

Anyway, it would have been cooler to hear something new (even if old), rather than a slightly tweaked old song that the band has released as a B-side. But hey, I am not complaining - this is a lot better than nothing :) 

10 minutes ago, Edward Nigma said:

Wondering if any tracks exist that the fans have never heard and that includes demos etc.

I think it's possible that it does, in the form of different versions. Just because stuff has leaked doesn't mean there's nothing more.

• Like 2

I don't know. The vocals definitely don't sound like current Axl but the guitars do seem different. I really hope they wouldn't go mess with something classic. Any re-recording at all defeats the purpose of a thing like this completely imo. If this is about Appetite then it should be about what that  band did then. Only.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I just listened to the "original" version and the new one back to back, and it HAS to be rerecorded.  The tempo IS slower, new guitar parts, and Axl does sound a little different. If he did these vocals recently, give him credit because he sounds great.

Your exactly right. Good ear. And I think Fortus may have done a take.

4 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

As much as we love to hate #TeamBrazil... Universal are involved with this, so standards surely are half decent at least !

Yeah. Management has nothing to do with whether the band releases something and what material that would be. Only with the promotion.