Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

2 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I immediately recognized Sounds in Venlo, one of the bigger and famous record stores around, so that can't be a coincidence, I don't see any other reason to have a dot there.

I cannot see the map, is there anything in Tilburg ?

I wonder if the remastering of AfD is just the beginning. Can we also expect the remastering of Lies, UYI, "TSI?" and CD during the next couple of years?

Edited by Sosso

1 minute ago, Modano09 said:

Me too, because I don't want to listen to how they did it just to be mean to Adler for years to come.

haha, yeah that too.  To me its clear that it is done because most people prefer to listen to shit mp3 on shit computer speakers and shitty headphones.  Drums have been one of the mostly heavily effected aspects of rock in this era of mixing.

12 minutes ago, soon said:

His rhythm/chord part sounds more metal and modern, while the lead lick at very end of clip sounds very classic to my ears.

Interesting, I thought the exact opposite. The lick sounds more modern Slash to me! :lol:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Slasher89 said:

Doesn't seems like he's going to do something or play but he gave a kind of rendez vous in two weeks to celebrate AFD 

Stevens had a planned tour of Australia and New Zealand for some time now.  He’s basically saying he isn’t directly involved, and will celebrate the record on his tour.

14 minutes ago, Ninjapie24 said:

I’m thinking it could be an AFD remaster with some bonus love songs and rare songs. Or it could be the show with all 5. Or it could be a new album. I was thinking that they might play AFD in its entirety, like what Metallica did with their early Albums a few years ago.

We alrasdy know what it is...just not sure the exact contents.  AFD box with “goodies”.

Just now, Subtle Signs said:

A 3 hour drive to stare at some posters? That's dedication I guess.

If the dots are record stores and they're doing some sort of release, then I'm gonna take a trip. I don't give a shit about posters

2 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Interesting, I thought the exact opposite. The lick sounds more modern Slash to me! :lol:

:lol: Are we talking tone or style?  To me his palm muted part is almost Hetfieldian and the lead lick is a very classic tone.  The lead lick is stylistically reminiscent of his current playing - again to my ears.

Id also note that Slash NITL tone is far less saturated then UYI tour but isnt quite as old school as AFD.

Id have no trouble believing Slash recently recorded that lick, but to my ears its a very classic tone.  Moreso then NITL.

Who knows!?  :lol:

Definitely Izzy on other guitar so that would be very interesting if this is a new recording.

2 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

If the dots are record stores and they're doing some sort of release, then I'm gonna take a trip. I don't give a shit about posters

Lafon said a fall release. I doubt they'll just drop this in random stores when the countdown is over . It'll be available everywhere not just some random record stores.I'm guessing the countdown is just the announcement of the release date and the contents of the box set .

Edited by Subtle Signs

14 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I just listened to the "original" version and the new one back to back, and it HAS to be rerecorded.  The tempo IS slower, new guitar parts, and Axl does sound a little different. If he did these vocals recently, give him credit because he sounds great.

It's possible that there was another recorded version from the 80s/90s in the vault, different from the demo one, that wasn't included in any release and hasn't leaked in the bootleg circuit.

Edited by Blackstar

5 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Only shows Axl, Duff and Slash on this post

Who the fuck runs the marketing for this band? Why now showing only three members, but the rest of the world is getting five... jeez get it together people, stick to your message!

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1