Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

3 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

It's getting updated. I saw the website an hour ago and there weren't dots in the US. Now there are. It's about the posters

Every single dot in the map is where the posters are. All of the five dots in Buenos Aires, are where the people found the posters. They've already found them all, and the spots are the same as what's shown in the map.

DcH2VceWkAAzwPl.jpg:large

Maybe...or the dots represent places where people have shared from.  Like I shared on Facebook, is there a dot in Indy?

or the dots could represent people who are listening in at the moment...

Or the poster locations, but someone earlier said there were tons of dots in Japan.  Doubt Japan got tons of posters.

2 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

NME on the hype titles...this is exactly what all the "journalists" will be writing about this...
http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses-announce-appetite-destruction-reunion-uk-tour-2306098

It's not only the media, though it does play a large role. Many fans have hastily jumped on the AFD reunion show assumptions. Guns really need to learn how to manage expectations.

I've just been redirected. I'm looking at these maps and these dots, what do they represent again? Where the location of these billboards and such are? Reason I ask is because my heart has suddenly jumped out of my chest, because I see a purple dot in my hometown of Houston. 

4 minutes ago, Jeez said:

Well, I've been listening for an hour (and shared the link), still no dots in my country. All the dots still in same place.

the dots are the locations of the posters. if you open the site on your phone and enable location settings it navigates you to the location of the poster and prompts you to take a picture and share on twitter/facebook with a link to the site.

Adler said Fernando had a good plan for AFD celebration.  Is it possible that the plan was for the AFD reissue to coincide with Adlers AFD touring?

That way the NITL machine carries on as usual, and also Adler is out there essentially promoting the reissue?

Just now, soon said:

Adler said Fernando had a good plan for AFD celebration.  Is it possible that the plan was for the AFD reissue to coincide with Adlers AFD touring?

That way the NITL machine carries on as usual, and also Adler is out there essentially promoting the reissue?

Didn't Adler say he HOPES Fernando has good plans for afd 30th? That's how I remember it.

9 minutes ago, BadApples99 said:

The 6 dots that are in the Netherlands are located at record stores. I don't know if that means anything?

Can I ask how you figured out the exact location of the dots are located at record stores? I'm trying to figure out the exact location of the 2 dots in my city but can't seem to figure it out. 

4 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Didn't Adler say he HOPES Fernando has good plans for afd 30th? That's how I remember it.

I recall him saying something concrete.  He said Fernando drove him to the airport and shared his vision for AFD celebration, iirc.

I remember Adler saying that he hopes that what Fernando shared would actually happen I think.

Edited by soon

4 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

All this for a shitty box set would be hilarious

How about a full vault release with 1995 demoes and CD leftovers? Or ar least a good NITL show on BluRay?

Either one of those other options sound so much better.

3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

No, I believe he was alluding to something he had some knowledge of...Maybe it was just the Apollo show at the time...

but perhaps this set was initially meant to come out then but as usual in GNR world, was delayed....

3 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

Can I ask how you figured out the exact location of the dots are located at record stores? I'm trying to figure out the exact location of the 2 dots in my city but can't seem to figure it out. 

Well on pc you can zoom in on the map. I used google maps to figure out the exact location