Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

29 minutes ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

i wet my pants and if this turns out to be some shitty merch or remaster thing apart from the real reunion, i'm out foreva.

Once people discovered early on in this thread that the domain gnr.fm was owned by Universal Music, why would you think it was anything else?  All the references to "Destruction" and the fact that the record label owns the site don't point to anything but some kind of AFD re-release/special edition.

If Universal Music owns the masters, and artwork, they can do whatever they want as long as they pay the writers and performers of the songs the proper royalties.  At least Izzy and Steven will make just as much as A,S&D from whatever this sells.  Therefore, it will be a financial reunion at least.

10 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Of course it’s what they’re doing, it’s becoming more obvious as time goes by.

not sure about creating a legacy as  slash and duff both quit so they mustn’t have cared too much.

i think these days they are business men first musicians second unfortunately.

Agree! 

I am getting flash backs to the merch tent at the gig in Sydney that I saw and they sold a fucking lot of guns shirts. And at $50 for a bullet logo shirt x how many shirts x how gigs? This is big bickies, and they are going to milk this cow till it's out of milk! 

Do i blame anyone for making a dollar? No of course not. 

Do I blame them for not putting out a new album? No, I'd prefer one but it's their choice. 

What I blame them for is not being up front, not providing the fans with a single fucking interview about anything whilst milking the cow of the loyal fans. Some will say we have a choice whether to keep spending on gigs and merch and that is true, but from a standpoint of whether they are just basically exploiting the fans, I think that's a given now. 

Theyll make their millions and good for them, I wouldn't be so hard on them if they just fronted up once in a while and answers a few questions like a man to appease the very fans who've made them rich. 

But instead we just get strung along along in the hope that one day something like AFD 5 reunion or an album might drop...

But hey... what do I know 🙄

Edited by Tadsy
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

Agree! 

I am getting flash backs to the merch tent at the gig in Sydney that I saw and they sold a fucking lot of guns shirts. And at $50 for a bullet logo shirt x how many shirts x how gigs? This is big bickies, and they are going to milk this cow till it's out of milk! 

Do I blame them for not putting out a new album? No, I'd prefer one but it's their choice. 

What I blame them for is not being up front, not providing the fans with a single fucking interview about anything whilst milking the cow of the loyal fans. Some will say we have a choice whether to keep spending on gigs and merch and that is true, but from a standpoint of whether they are just basically exploiting the fans, I think that's a given now. 

Theyll make their millions and good for them, I wouldn't be so hard on them if they just fronted up once in a while and answers a few questions like a man to appease the very fans who've made them rich. 

But instead we just get strung along along in the hope that one day something like AFD 5 reunion or an album might drop...

Yeah pretty much my thoughts, everyone just has to accept it for what it is. A cash cow.

duff and slash have other creative outlets so don’t need to do more than tour with guns and rake in the $.

axl on the other hand, who knows

What they could do, as there probably aren't that much unheard stuff from that era, is do some more extensive new interviews with the band. All together as a group or individual ones. Put it in as part of the box set as a dvd.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The only ''destruction'' occurring will be a destruction to the contents of your wallet.

Not if I don't buy it ;)

10 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Yeah pretty much my thoughts, everyone just has to accept it for what it is. A cash cow.

duff and slash have other creative outlets so don’t need to do more than tour with guns and rake in the $.

axl on the other hand, who knows

I accept it is a cash grab. What I do not accept is misleading and stupid advertasing. If they are going to release a box set, delux, remaster or whatever AFD edition with all kind of merch and memorabilia. Fine, all artists do it. But I just want them to issue a statement with all the infomation about it. Instead we have silly billboards and pictures of merch. Besides they are doing all this now when they should've done it last year. Because it was AFD 30 year anniversary. I think it would've made more sense. And if they are going to feature Izzy and Adler on billboards then I want to see them on stage. Let's do the milking the right way. And let Izzy and Adler to get their proper share. Otherwise they should just put the bullet logo on the billboards

• Like 1

Rose and his Brazilians just do things their way I suppose. During the early days of nugnr when new music was still discussed frequently it used to be Area 51 and complete chaos, i.e., politics, rumours, sabbaticals, litigation. Now it is professional, cold and corporate - but still very secretive. Guns are never going to operate in a logical and transparent ''fan-friendly'' manner now - too late for the old leopard to change his spots. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I agree, that's just a personal wish I'd have as a weird audiophile. To be completely frank, I'd just prefer to have Appetite in a higher quality format and also I'd imagine there would be some never before professionally recorded live tracks or demos. 

And yes, I concede this is a sell out. But I don't care. You re-release one of my favorite albums of all time as a box set and I'll be the first in line to buy it. Yup, I'm a sucker.

Well, I certainly dont think you're a sucker. I just hope, like you said, that any adjustments are minimal.  I think we're pretty much on the same page.  For me, if they do it, I would only want a slight increase in the master volume - no change to any other sonics.  In todays world a remaster can mean: adjusted to best perform on Mp3 through poor quality headphones.

For me its a strange position to be in.  I dont want them to change much of the sonics, however, it doesnt make sense to buy it unless there is significant changes.  If theres demos and such, Im in.  Oh, and the full RQ sex audio with commentary of course, lol.

If AFD is re-released with some extra songs we haven't heard or quality upgrades from song we've already heard then I'll be more than happy! 

Imagine a box set like Metallica's Master Of Puppets set that was released last year! :heart:

1 hour ago, Tadsy said:

Agree! 

I love gnr so much, but you're right. I mean this tour is 2 years in and the set list hasnt changed. And where any other band just announces new tour dates or a reissue album witj a bit if inline promotion, guns gotra get us all excited with huge billboards. They know what we want and they're exploiting it. Cant blame them but its pretty shitty.

Oh who am i kidding? I cant stay mad at them.

Just put out the reissue and take my money. Take all of it! Will you be happy then? Gnr? Oh thats right . You dont do press for the fans. You blood sucking leeches! Just take my money and go 😭😭😭😭😭😭

8 minutes ago, Towelie said:

The biggest ones to blame for Axl and GNR being so unproductive is actually GNR fans themselves. I haven't been to a single reunion show, haven't seen them since 2012 and have no intention of ever seeing them again until they put out a new album (lol). I'm just not that interesting in watching the same show with the same songs played over and over again. I don't understand why anyone is tbh.

If GNR fans weren't such mugs, willing to pay top dollar to see the same setlist year in, year out, then the band would be forced to do another record just to stay relevant.

That's what I've been saying about GNR since 2002: vote with your wallet! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ludurigan said:

i think axl has as much say as when canter should release his photos as canter would have a say on when axl should release his music

There's a slight difference, though..... The subject matter of Axl's music is not Marc Canter life and career.

All Canter's photos in that book are about Axl and GN'R.

Not that he actually has a saying on what or when other people can do with their own material, but 'Reckless Road' with the approval of the whole band and released in 2018 would have, in my opinion, been a blast.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That's what I've been saying about GNR since 2002: vote with your wallet! 

Trouble is, GNR are a band that appeal to a lot of casual music fans. I would wager those in attendance at a Metallica show comprise of 70% hardcore fans, 30% casual music fans. With Guns, I think it's more the other way round. This means, there's always a large market of casual fans who perhaps haven't seen GNR before who think "why not?" when they come to town.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 2

If this new .fm produces new music, I feel that's awesome. Even if the "new" music is things like bring it back home all polished up, or quality live recordings from the tour that's still pretty cool. Also it could be a good way to get some of those Chinese leftovers people have been begging for, which would also be cool. But if I'm honest, I'm no longer interested in songs that Slash and Duff don't play on. I only listen to live recordings from CD now. Thankfully between the Apollo and Forum show, most of them are pretty decent. 

6 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

That looks like it's in a music store. Anyone know which one and where?

These are popping up in Japan i think so England is not the only city.

Edited by vloors