Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

2 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I would even say that it sounds rerecorded

I thought it sounded different to the recordings i have heard. I even went back and listened to the varying Shadow of your Love records on YouTube and they all sound different to this track.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 1

You can zoom right in to individual buildings. Maybe it is like an easter egg hunt and in each of those locations you'll find Legend of the Red Panda buried. Axl has went around burying his lost album beforehand. The hunt is on...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Axl had always being vocal against releasing demos and stuff that wasn't originally meant to be on the final product.

My guess is that the one year delay is due to that. It seems Slash and Duff convinced him, but that material had to be reworked/remixed.

7 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

Shadow Of Your Love sounds remasterd. Drums sounds diffrent.. and the Slash lick is so Brian May like

The drums sound kinda scooped of alot of the dynamics.  kick is very flat in dynamics and cymbals arent as present as a typical Adler performance.

(I am fairly confident that Izzy is the one doing the melodic licks, no?  Slash is the more metal chording I think)

Edit: Oh I see, Slash does the lead line mixed in centre at end of clip.  Izzy on the licks prior

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BadApples99 said:

Well it's 99% sure that there's a AFD deluxe edition coming up but we have no clue whats in it, except lots of goodies according to mitch lafons tweet:P

Mitch Lafon post is  in FB Ultimate Classic Rock comment's too.

1 minute ago, GoBucky said:

If that is re-recorded, then I have confidence that IF they actually record new stuff, Axl will sound just fine. 

It sounds like old Axl, but i can't match the vocals with any of the old Shadow of Your Love recordings. Maybe it's just a remaster of a studio recording they had lying in the vault or something.

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Axl had always being vocal against releasing demos and stuff that wasn't originally meant to be on the final product.

My guess is that the one year delay is due to that. It seems Slash and Duff convinced him, but that material had to be reworked/remixed.

It's not exciting if GNR just announced "we're remastering AFD for iTunes and Amazon".  The CD version might be tweaked by Mike Clink but if it ain't broke... 

It's not like Axl, Slash and Duff would have been heavily involved in archives, they would just turn whatever tapes they had over to the person overseeing the project. 

Curious what a 5.1 AFD mix would sound like. 

Axl's changed his mind about a lot of things in the past, but a lot of artists like Steely Dan & Led Zeppelin who had said "we have nothing in the vault" - they didn't want demos out there either, but they got leaked anyway. Led Zep put alternate versions out that had not been out there in bootleg circles, Jimmy Page and Jason Bonham had amassed boots over the years and knew what was circulating. 

It would be interesting to hear the evolution of the studio tapes though - we know My Michelle had some changes made to it, or the original way It's So Easy was done. 

A  remastered and upgraded "Welcome to the Videos" should happen - with commentary. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dalsh327 said:

It's not exciting if GNR just announced "we're remastering AFD for iTunes and Amazon".  The CD version might be tweaked by Mike Clink but if it ain't broke... 

It's not like Axl, Slash and Duff would have been heavily involved in archives, they would just turn whatever tapes they had over to the person overseeing the project. 

Curious what a 5.1 AFD mix would sound like. 

Axl's changed his mind about a lot of things in the past, but a lot of artists like Steely Dan & Led Zeppelin who had said "we have nothing in the vault" - they didn't want demos out there either, but they got leaked anyway. Led Zep put alternate versions out that had not been out there in bootleg circles, Jimmy Page and Jason Bonham had amassed boots over the years and knew what was circulating. 

It would be interesting to hear the evolution of the studio tapes though - we know My Michelle had some changes made to it, or the original way It's So Easy was done. 

A  remastered and upgraded "Welcome to the Videos" should happen - with commentary. 

I just hope that they haven't messed with the songs that are on the album much. Or at least that they'll do it like the deluxe edition of Nevermind: one of the discs will contain the original album and another will contain new remixes.

• Like 3

To be honest, having these songs remastered etc is fine but it's weird.

Do you guys remember Michael Jackson's Bad 25? Remastered with a second CD full of demos/unheard stuff. But MJ is dead and Axl/Slash/Duff aren't, so I really don't see the point. It's not even like they've retired Guns N Roses. They are still on the road and that tour made them one of the biggest bands ever (again), so I think it would be way better to release something new while they still can? 

Put the box sets etc out when you're old and grey..

But I'm looking forward to whatever it is, just don't think it's thaaat exciting.

EDIT: I'm still praying for one new song created somewhere from 2016-2018, THAT would get me hyped. Even if it's just ONE new song from the current line-up

EDIT2: Even if it's just a rerecorded old song. I'm dying to hear 2016-2018 Axl in the studio.

Edited by TheGeneral
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, soon said:

The drums sound kinda scooped of alot of the dynamics.  kick is very flat in dynamics and cymbals arent as present as a typical Adler performance.

(I am fairly confident that Izzy is the one doing the melodic licks, no?  Slash is the more metal chording I think)

Edit: Oh I see, Slash does the lead line mixed in centre at end of clip.  Izzy on the licks prior

Where can I hear this?