Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

6 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I wonder if Robert John maybe approached for photos of that time period. I believe he was an official photographer during the appetite tour, not sure what the relationship is like with him nowdays.

They had other photogrape in this era his name: GENE KIRKLAND.

7 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Another "collaboration" with an expensive brand, like the Chrome Hearts thing last year or Axl's watch that costs something like $100,000. (For real.)

https://www.roarguns.com/

Yep lets hype the fanbase with prospects of a new release or a4d lineup reunion and then announce its all a gimmick to sell more over priced shirts lol

• Haha 1

The sad thing is, a remastered re-release of Appetite for Destruction with some cool bonus tracks or a "making of" DVD could have gotten some really good press if the band announced it like any other band the world. Instead, this whole promotion business will completely overshadow it. 

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Is there some unwritten law that a certain number of people have to exclaim "if this doesn't end the way I want it to, I'm out!" per thread? Lol

It reminds me of all the celebrities that swore they would leave the U.S. if Trump got elected....they are all still here 😏

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

The sad thing is, a remastered re-release of Appetite for Destruction with some cool bonus tracks or a "making of" DVD could have gotten some really good press if the band announced it like any other band the world. Instead, this whole promotion business will completely overshadow it. 

It really wont. People tend to overestimate how the general population will react to this stuff. We are the minority. We care, we follow this stuff and we complain about it. Most 'casual fans' will just pick it up because they've never actually owned the record, because they've attended a reunion show or because it comes with some 'cool' goodies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Towelie said:

The biggest ones to blame for Axl and GNR being so unproductive is actually GNR fans themselves. 

I see where you're coming from but at the same time this doesn't prohibit other bands being creative.

Acts like metallica, u2 and similar acts always sell out their tours but yet still produce new records at the same time.

To me I don't think voting with our wallets could ever work at this stage, there's a lifetime of endorsement deals and marketing and so on and licensing of classic stuff to do even if the band couldn't mount a successful tour ever again.

There's just no escaping the fact that it's up to the band to be creative and artistic, fans can wish it would happen, but at the end of the day no one writes the songs and releases them except the band.

3 minutes ago, default_ said:

So, 23 pages... Do we have any clue of what the fuck is actually going on?

Well it's 99% sure that there's a AFD deluxe edition coming up but we have no clue whats in it, except lots of goodies according to mitch lafons tweet:P

Just now, BadApples99 said:

Well it's 99% sure that there's a AFD deluxe edition coming up but we have no clue whats in it, except lots of goodies according to mitch lafons tweet:P

Thats pretty cool actually, cant complaim. Ive been wanting a vinyl AFD reissue for a while. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BadApples99 said:

I actually hope it's a AFD deluxe edition with some sweet outtakes or uncirculated live stuff! I've been wanting that for years :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I actually hope it's a AFD deluxe edition with some sweet outtakes or uncirculated live stuff! I've been wanting that for years :)

Yeah that would be great! They should throw in an uncensored version of ritz '88 and a couple of discs with demos and outtakes. :lol:

Its all hope its the original lineup - STill have a frank and Richard on a few songs -IZZY AND STEVEN that would be fucking rad - Might have Izzy sign a contract if he don't show up over all the shows he takes a big cut in his money , same with Steven if you cant perform u take a huge cut -that way everything will be cool -I hope it happens - IMO Appetite doesnt need remixed but ILLUSIONS sure does - bye bye piano I can only hope -BYE BYE effects -a release of the vault will be killer 

gnr.fm has a countdown it seems

Currently it's at 02:12:57:40

''You are now listening. Check back in to hear the next transmission and help share the broadcast.''

I'm on pc and in the background is a map of the world. And there are several spots on the map

Edited by BadApples99
  • Like 1