POLL: What version(s) of the AFD reissue will you purchase?

What version(s) of the AFD reissue will you purchase?  

382 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

35 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

The records are all reissues.  They'll never be as cool or valuable as the original printings.  I have an original "banned" cover Appetite LP.  Why would I want what is essentially a fancy "fake"

I agree they will never be as cool as the original releases. I bought both covers of AFD in 1988 but through my many moves and boyfriends in college, today I only have the skulls and cross cover. I found another original cover in 1993 but they wanted a whopping $75 at the record store and I just couldn't spend that at the time 😥 So today, I always look in thrift stores and antique stores in hope that someone won't know what they have. I'll find it again that way if I ever have it again. 

8 minutes ago, Kwick1 said:

I agree they will never be as cool as the original releases. I bought both covers of AFD in 1988 but through my many moves and boyfriends in college, today I only have the skulls and cross cover. I found another original cover in 1993 but they wanted a whopping $75 at the record store and I just couldn't spend that at the time 😥 So today, I always look in thrift stores and antique stores in hope that someone won't know what they have. I'll find it again that way if I ever have it again. 

That sucks.  I'm glad I got mine when I did cause I know it's genuine.  There's been so many fakes and foreign reissues in the last decade or so that I wouldn't trust buying one now.

• Like 1

Everything in these choices has to be looked at by price and not much else. Everyone wants the L & L edition, if you have a cool grand to throw down on it. The next best thing is the Super Deluxe, Which is what I'll be getting. If all you care about is the music (which is most important) the 2 disc version or a simple download is all that's needed. They rest are just frivolous accoutrement. Heck, you can just download the all the music for free or burn it to a disc for few dollars and you're good to go! It all depends on how much you want the extras included in the package. I'll probably just watch a L & L unboxing on youtube and save myself $800 dollars.

Edited by 31illusions
  • Haha 1

I'm going to get the digital downloads of the whole thing for $30. I am also getting the new Appetite vinyl. Mostly because my current Appetite vinyl has been damaged by my 2 year old son. He LITERALLY took a bite out of the outer cover (he had an appetite for it apparently, lol). Just the other day, he snatched it up and ripped the inner sleeve all up... darn kid, lol. The actual record is fine, but case and sleeve are a different story, lol. Its really my fault, its the first one in my record (because i listen to it the most, lol). It not an original one, its one of the reissues from a few years ago. I actually would rather him mess that one up than my gnr lies or some of my old school original pressing vinyls. So I figure now is a good time to replace it.

As I've said in other threads, MP3 is how I will listen to it the most, so as long as I have the actual music, that's good enough for me. I like vinyls for physical copies. CD's serve no purpose for me anymore.

If you are interested in the 1986 demos, you'd be better off investing that money in good quality bootlegs as what they have included is but a fraction - they didn't even get that right! As to the remastered album, Appetite is one of the few albums which was originally done right: there is simply no need for it.

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

If you are interested in the 1986 demos, you'd be better off investing that money in good quality bootlegs as what they have included is but a fraction - they didn't even get that right! As to the remastered album, Appetite is one of the few albums which was originally done right: there is simply no need for it.

Agree 100%.

Just pre-ordered the Super Deluxe version. Surely not for the music part, although a HD version of the video for It's so Easy is cool.

I just want that book!

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I bet the sound quality on boots is SO much better here though. Like that Maquee Rosie. I'm interested in that for sure.

45 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

Everything in these choices has to be looked at by price and not much else. Everyone wants the L & L edition, if you have a cool grand to throw down on it. The next best thing is the Super Deluxe, Which is what I'll be getting. If all you care about is the music (which is most important) the 2 disc version or a simple download is all that's needed. They rest are just frivolous accoutrement. Heck, you can just download the all the music for free or burn it to a disc for few dollars and you're good to go! It all depends on how much you want the extras included in the package. I'll probably just watch a L & L unboxing on youtube and save myself $800 dollars.

Not price. Value for money. 

And for me the 1 and 2 CD versions are priced fine but they offer me very little added value to add to my music collection. 

The 180 and 999 versions offer the value I want. but it's not worth THAT much money for me. 

In all the cases I only care about the songs. I love vinyl, but to me these aren't the type of records I love on vinyl. I love old vinyl issues that were pretty much made for the medium. But to me demo's on vinyl aren't that valuable. And neither are the singles. They're collectables, and I'm not a collecter. Let alone all the other crap they've included. 

So basically the only version that offers me what I want for a somewhat reasonable price is the digital download. And even that is pretty expensive for a bunch of mp3's. The whole thing kind of rubs me the wrong way in a cashgrabby way. So I'm not going for that either.  

If they'd have a 4cd and nothing else version for 30 to 35 euro's, I'd probably by that. But they don't. 

The other big mistake they made was to not offer a vinyl-only-and-nothing-else-set. A lot of people seem to be interested in that too. Not me personally, but it seems like it's something a lot of people want. 

Edited by username

For now the Digital download/streaming (Apple Music) and that Super Deluxe one. But what I really want is that fkn wood box! Unfortunately,right now, I mean this year, I can’t afford that..I have some boring priorities in my real life that I can’t just running away from. :shrugs:

2 cd deluxe edition. a remastered AFD plus a second 18 track disc for £15. thats what i call cheap. deffo having one. i will wait until the tracks i have missing from the other discs are on youtube(probably day after release) and just download the ones i like, for free :) 

i'm tempted to buy the 1K box to. no intention in keeping it but i can see a 2-3K value in that broken down and sold in parts. alot of money to be made :) 

34 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I bet the sound quality on boots is SO much better here though. Like that Maquee Rosie. I'm interested in that for sure.

That's been officially released before though, you could probably still find it if you wanted to.

13 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

That's been officially released before though, you could probably still find it if you wanted to.

I already have it, (the first version I had was on cassette from the 80s). Which that's my point, the versions that exist are not very good quality wise. It's the only way we could hear it, so We accepted it. I'm sure the quality on this new one will be MUCH better. 

I've voted for the Super Deluxe edition. I am interested in the book and I quite like the flyers and the picture prints. It depends on whether or not it will be available on Amazon UK, though. As it stands, I can only pre-order the digital download there. If it turns out they won't be offering the physical set, I'll pass, because if I have to order from Amazon US I will have to pay for shipping, and customs and import tax on what is already a rather expensive item, and I don't have much confidence in the GN'R merch site.