Going Down '02 Discussion ** NO LINKS **

17 hours ago, zombux said:

I liked the "new" part of it quite a lot ;) 

I respect your opinion, but I kind of feel the same with the TIL Remix. It's such a 'forced' rasp on Axl's behalf. I'm more of a fan of how he sounds in the Better verses or the Angel Down stuff. Music wise, I'm not throwing up in my mouth hearing Robin's re-imagined SCOM solo, but the original is so hard to beat. Cheers. 

2 minutes ago, Gaanzer said:

I respect your opinion, but I kind of feel the same with the TIL Remix. It's such a 'forced' rasp on Axl's behalf. I'm more of a fan of how he sounds in the Better verses or the Angel Down stuff. Music wise, I'm not throwing up in my mouth hearing Robin's re-imagined SCOM solo, but the original is so hard to beat. Cheers. 

I never said which one I prefer to listen to. I just said I liked that different approach :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gaanzer said:

6 hours ago, Jw224 said:

Yeah I agree that TIL remix vocals don't suite the song at all. Just rasping because he could. 

For me, easily the best Axl's work I have heard from him ever, period. Goosebumps every fucking time. And to think THIS has been shelved...

23 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

This thread just got bumped from last year, the post of mine you quoted was from last June :lol: But no, none of AFD99 has leaked. In the past few weeks we’ve gotten Hard School (I.e. Checkmate), Atlas Shrugged, Silkworms 1999-ish, a different version of Going Down, and a bunch of 1999-2000 versions of songs that made the album. 

Oh man, I didn't realize your post was that old.

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

For me, easily the best Axl's work I have heard from him ever, period. Goosebumps every fucking time. And to think THIS has been shelved...

Glad you enjoy it. I loved the live version in 2010 with full rasp & great attitude, but the remix- recording just sounds too sterile and forced to my ear. I don't know,  but maybe it's the production by Caram too. Always very cold. A big contrast compared to the Clink produced vocals of the past. 😁

Edited by Gaanzer

15 minutes ago, oneway23 said:

Three?

Older one and newer Bumble...Is there another?

Original with just Tommy singing (which leaked a few weeks ago), the one with Bumblefoot (leaked in 2013), and the one labeled “2002 version” which was pre-bumble but after Axl and others had already added their parts (leaked last year)... or was that fanmade? Even if it was, it’s still my favorite version.

5 minutes ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

I have 2 and I have no clue which 2 they are. One of the 2 has guitars turned up a bunch

See above.

Pretty sure one of three was fanmade, or maybe an artificial fold-down, but, despite being a long-time poster here, my GN'R knowledge has atrophied.  I could be mistaken. 

These leaks are the only thing that has re-kindled any interest whatsoever in years.

Edited by oneway23

20 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

I think they just mean the 99 Tommy demo, this 2002 version, and the bumble version.

Yeah that’s what I meant.

17 minutes ago, Blue Phoenix said:

The Bumble version, and the 2002 are the exact same version. The 2002 is just minus Bumbles track.

Correct. I still prefer it without bumble tho. I like his contributions to the songs that actually made it onto the album, but I don’t like his contributions on OMG, Going Down, or Silkworms.

17 minutes ago, oneway23 said:

Pretty sure one of three was fanmade, or maybe an artificial fold-down, but, despite being a long-time poster here, my GN'R knowledge has atrophied.  I could be mistaken. 

These leaks are the only thing that has re-kindled any interest whatsoever in years.

I think you’re right that it was fanmade. Sometimes the fanmade shit is the best shit, tho.

Edited by rocknroll41

52 minutes ago, Blue Phoenix said:

The Bumble version, and the 2002 are the exact same version. The 2002 is just minus Bumbles track.

Oh ok, I prefer 2002 because I think Bumble ruins the track. The 2002 version minus Bumble breathes a little more.

38 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Correct. I still prefer it without bumble tho. I like his contributions to the songs that actually made it onto the album, but I don’t like his contributions on OMG, Going Down, or Silkworms.

Agree on Going Down as that's supposed to be a Stonesy song that doesn't need what Bumble does. I actually like what Bumble did on OMG and Silkworms, those songs needed his punch and wackiness. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

How many versions are there, that have leaked, of this song?

2 - the 2013 leak with BBF in one channel and everything else in the other, this one had Axl on backing vocals. Then there’s the 99 or so version that leaked a couple weeks ago with no Axl. This “02 version” is just a doctored version of the 2013 leak with the BBF channel removed and the rest of the band doubled to both channels. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

2 - the 2013 leak with BBF in one channel and everything else in the other, this one had Axl on backing vocals. Then there’s the 99 or so version that leaked a couple weeks ago with no Axl. This “02 version” is just a doctored version of the 2013 leak with the BBF channel removed and the rest of the band doubled to both channels. 

Thanks. That's what I thought.