"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

4 hours ago, tboneman said:

https://de.gnrmerch.com/p51-i0602455740229/guns-n-roses/greatest-hits-limited-edition-lp/index.html

Greatest Hits is getting 1LP version with Hard Skool. 

"Gunners, time to get your hands on the first-ever 1LP pressing of the Greatest Hits featuring 8 songs including “Hard Skool”. Pressed on clear vinyl with metallic gold color-in-color effect and featuring a numbered premium tip-on jacket that’s wrapped in chrome met poly paper.  Limited to 3,000 units worldwide.

Tracklist

1. Welcome To The Jungle (Side A)
2. Sweet Child O’ Mine (Side A)
3. Patience (Side A)
4. Paradise City (Side A)
5. You Could Be Mine (Side B)
6. Don’t Cry (Original Version) (Side B)
7. November Rain (2022 Version) (Side B)
8. Hard Skool (Side B)"

Wow.

Worst greatest hits track list from a major band ever.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

Wow.

Worst greatest hits track list from a major band ever.

2021 Hard Skool doesn't belong on there. If anything, Perhaps should have been in place of it. No love of CD either, they should have popped Better on there, but I could see them doing the title track instead. 

4 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

2021 Hard Skool doesn't belong on there. If anything, Perhaps should have been in place of it. No love of CD either, they should have popped Better on there, but I could see them doing the title track instead. 

2022 November Rain also doesn't belong.

There isn't room for Chinese tracks on an 8 track GH. You'd need a bonus vinyl to toss that stuff on.

Side note...is this the most activity happening around the band since 2016?

New dates today

New Greatest Hits (w/ HS) today

Vinyl next month with Perhaps / The big G

8 balls, tons of t-shirts 

Atlas EP maybe in Nov/Dec (for Christmas sales)

Axl Guest album appearance early '24

Duff solo album late '23

Slash Blues album '24 (plus dates and maybe just maybe Ax on a track?)

Frank's Christmas calendar shoot (preview on Perhaps video)

Edited by colonizedmind

11 hours ago, Coma16 said:

Just watched Bridge School concert. It wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. It got shit on at the time because Axl was like 45 minutes late and because of the lyrical swap during Jungle. Otherwise I found it quite enjoyable.

The fact that a certain level gradually decreases over time doesn’t mean our evaluation at the time was wrong. That logic is erroneous; we were (correctly) using different standards then. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

The fact that a certain level gradually decreases over time doesn’t mean our evaluation at the time was wrong. That logic is erroneous; we were (correctly) using different standards then. 

It was mostly okay to good even back then. People just cherrypicked some parts they didn't like and pushed the narrative that the entire two shows were rubbish. 

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

It was mostly okay to good even back then. People just cherrypicked some parts they didn't like and pushed the narrative that the entire two shows were rubbish. 

I haven't seen it "in ages" (funny how the language has been devaluating in recent times), but I do remember it sucked quite a lot. It's no coincidence this gig, along with Rio 11, became a meme, even though we'd find worse shows in the later era. Each to their own, though. 

Just now, jamillos said:

I haven't seen it "in ages" (funny how the language has been devaluating in recent times), but I do remember it sucked quite a lot. It's no coincidence this gig, along with Rio 11, became a meme, even though we'd find worse shows in the later era. Each to their own, though. 

Rio mostly became a meme because people didn't like Axl's raincoat and because Bumble fumbled with the SW helmet. Again, this fanbase....

Just now, SoulMonster said:

Rio mostly became a meme because people didn't like Axl's raincoat and because Bumble fumbled with the SW helmet. Again, this fanbase....

Nah, it was primarily because Axl looked fat and his vocals sucked (at least when compared with the high bar that 2010 was). The rest was just icing. But like I said, opinions differ. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Did the 2nd night ever circulate? Was it the same setlist?

There was amateur footage circulating at the time. Don't Let It Bring You Down duet was tremendous but they were all eradicated not long after, I assume from Neil's camp rather than the GNR fanbase due to the first night being PPV. Axl was evidently ill at the time and that comes across pretty clear. He didn't pull out of the show and performed anyway as to not let down a hero of his and obviously the great cause.

Edited by Dean
  • Like 1

Just rewatched Bridge School. It's pretty bad. Thing is - that has become the norm nowadays (or maybe it's even worse now) so we lowered the bar, IMO. The Axl mistakes on WTTJ make it so funny "Because YOU! ME! You gonna the money honey, we got your disease!!!" (proceeds to almost choking) :lol: But having to look at Ashba makes it much worse, IMO. Especially when he got that goddamn confederate flag tattoo exposed like that.

6 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

Just rewatched Bridge School. It's pretty bad. Thing is - that has become the norm nowadays (or maybe it's even worse now) so we lowered the bar, IMO. The Axl mistakes on WTTJ make it so funny "Because YOU! ME! You gonna the money honey, we got your disease!!!" (proceeds to almost choking) :lol: But having to look at Ashba makes it much worse, IMO. Especially when he got that goddamn confederate flag tattoo exposed like that.

Were you triggered by the confederate flag back then or only until people started the tell you that they are all nazis? 😉

41 minutes ago, Dean said:

There was amateur footage circulating at the time. Don't Let It Bring You Down duet was tremendous but they were all eradicated not long after, I assume from Neil's camp rather than the GNR fanbase due to the first night being PPV. Axl was evidently ill at the time and that comes across pretty clear. He didn't pull out of the show and performed anyway as to not let down a hero of his and obviously the great cause.

There's more behind Neil because he vetoed the song from being released on A4D.

15 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Were you triggered by the confederate flag back then or only until people started the tell you that they are all nazis? 😉

Axl has/had a coat he wore during Civil War performances that had both flags. the funny part is, the real confederate flag is different from the one we see. The one we see often is the battle flag. 

Just now, Sweersa said:

Axl has/had a coat he wore during Civil War performances that had both flags. the funny part is, the real confederate flag is different from the one we see. The one we see often is the battle flag. 

Yes, and I think it sucks that he did. He probably wore it "because it was cool" at the time, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't wear it nowadays.

16 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

Yes. Is DJ Ashba a museum?

He has a right to express himself.

15 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

Yes, and I think it sucks that he did. He probably wore it "because it was cool" at the time, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't wear it nowadays.

It's not as socially acceptable these days, at least to some (or most) people.