"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

26 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

I agree. Of course he can, and I have the right to not like to see him referencing it ;)

Absolutely! I was actually surprised his tats were not brought up more back when he was with Guns. I suppose there were bigger things to worry about then, like when we will get CD2 and how much Robin and Buckethead would be on it. 

Edited by Sweersa
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Absolutely! I was actually surprised his tats were not brought up more back when he was with Guns. I suppose there were bigger things to worry about then, like when we will get CD2 and how much Robin and Buckethead would be on it. 

People weren't told to give a shit back then. People need to be told what to care about.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Or maybe people were unaware of this fact, like I was

1 hour ago, Coma16 said:

Were you triggered by the confederate flag back then or only until people started the tell you that they are all nazis? 😉

There's more behind Neil because he vetoed the song from being released on A4D.

Bizarrely it made the TV cut of it! That's one to keep in mind for anyone with the means of ripping the show whenever it's broadcast as it's a good performance of it too!

33 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

People weren't told to give a shit back then. People need to be told what to care about.

Yeah, you're right. I need a caucasian person to tell me on the internet I have no right to be offended by people tattooing a symbol worn by those who defended slavery :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

I didn't know that. Was it shown in theaters too?

I'm not so sure on theaters, I would assume that would have been the BluRay version! I did attempt to rip it in 2017 with OBS but SkyGo was well locked down so that nothing visual could be recorded.

4 hours ago, Dean said:

I'm not so sure on theaters, I would assume that would have been the BluRay version! I did attempt to rip it in 2017 with OBS but SkyGo was well locked down so that nothing visual could be recorded.

What concert are you talking?

My general musing is

1) Can you imagine if there was another universe where Slash and Duff never left the band - and they continued releasing albums after 3 or so years?  Really lean into the things that they were doing individually and make it GNR?

2) The 2002 setlist was really strong.  The Chinese Democracy era was a strong period.  Shame we didn't get more out of it.

Edited by Spike Killer
  • PERHAPS 1

They like covers, love or hate that, so....

Replace WL or some other cover and bring back THIS!

One of the greatest songs of all time and a personal favourite. I love that means a lot to Axl and it got him through some tough times....

Also, it so works in his current range....even takes advantage of it, you could say....

Wish it hadn't been cut from A4D

41 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

They like covers, love or hate that, so....

Replace WL or some other cover and bring back THIS!

One of the greatest songs of all time and a personal favourite. I love that means a lot to Axl and it got him through some tough times....

Also, it so works in his current range....even takes advantage of it, you could say....

Wish it hadn't been cut from A4D

Dustin Bones is too funny. This is gold

5 hours ago, BucketEgg said:

We can all annoy Duff with our questions!

Hey, Duff is letting people submit questions to him on his website! If you're lucky and he (or whoever reads through all the responses) likes the questions, maybe he'll answer you.

Submit them before October the 2nd!

https://duffonline.com/

Spam new guns album questions

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kruelty said:

A few of my buddies and I were checking out this online bracket challenge where we voted on some curated list of the 256 ''best songs ever''.

Between all of the XXXTentacion, twenty one pilots and Sting songs, up popped fucking This I Love :lol: Gave me a good laugh.

Was someone just stating about a song... 

This I Love.....😝

Ya know, a lot of shit is driven Ashba's way, from me included....he's often the butt of all our jokes but just been listening to the first Sixx album tonight on new cans for the first time in ages and his guitar work is pretty good on this record....also to be fair to the guy, he revived Motley in 2007 and that's definately their best work post 2000 and he wrote most of it....so he had his moment in the late 2000 and then joining Guns....not gone so well for him since though....there I was feeling kind today DJ, cause I know you still read the boards from time to time...

I'm the last post, so when do I start to feel like I'm talking to myself? Ha

8 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Ya know, a lot of shit is driven Ashba's way, from me included....he's often the butt of all our jokes but just been listening to the first Sixx album tonight on new cans for the first time in ages and his guitar work is pretty good on this record....also to be fair to the guy, he revived Motley in 2007 and that's definately their best work post 2000 and he wrote most of it....so he had his moment in the late 2000 and then joining Guns....not gone so well for him since though....there I was feeling kind today DJ, cause I know you still read the boards from time to time...

I'm the last post, so when do I start to feel like I'm talking to myself? Ha

I don't think DJ is talentless, but he's not a great guitar player. He even said something like that about himself. In Gn'R there were always great lead guitar players. Also his image was too much and felt forced at least to a lot of hardcore fans. If you can't play the second half of the SCOM solo, what are you doing in Gn'R? I don't think it was a good match, at least not musically.

liked his solo spots though, he is a melodic player and a pretty good composer imo. (in his style)

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

I don't think DJ is talentless, but he's not a great guitar player. He even said something like that about himself. In Gn'R there were always great lead guitar players. Also his image was too much and felt forced at least to a lot of hardcore fans. If you can't play the second half of the SCOM solo, what are you doing in Gn'R? I don't think it was a good match, at least not musically.

liked his solo spots though, he is a melodic player and a pretty good composer imo. (in his style)

Ya, that's what I was focusing on....