"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

37 minutes ago, Ratam said:

I read it yesterday in Loudwire site. Nothing such appropiate like WTTJ or AFD....:D

It’s absolutely ridiculous.. it is funny but if there was a cop sat there at that moment that would’ve been tragic so he got very lucky! I have no clue why anyone would potentially throw away their freedom for life just to do what he did 😅

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NewGNROldGNR said:

What's the rundown on the last 5 years in GN'R world? I heard Atlas Shrugged and a couple of other songs leaked? Now we're getting The General? Did that leak too?

Basically the "Village leaks" in 2019 was like a 2000 Intentions vault dump. About 20~ songs with vocals and couple dozen instrumentals. There was a few mixes of Atlas in there, my favourite is the 2001 mix. Some weird stuff like an acoustic studio rehearsal of KOHD, some stuff that was obviously scrapped like Eye On You, and very bare-bones ideas like Nothing. Quick Song has scratch vocals, but there's like 20 different Buckethead solo takes. It was a very interesting time capsule for CD fans.

About a year before that we got (at least some of) the remix album, House Of Blues 2001 pro shot, Saskatoon 1993 pro shot, Ritz 1987 pro shot, and some other random stuff (including Absurd and OMG with Bumblefoot).

The General has never leaked, aside from a terrible-quality, incomplete cell phone recording.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Basically the "Village leaks" in 2019 was like a 2000 Intentions vault dump. About 20~ songs with vocals and couple dozen instrumentals. There was a few mixes of Atlas in there, my favourite is the 2001 mix. Some weird stuff like an acoustic studio rehearsal of KOHD, some stuff that was obviously scrapped like Eye On You, and very bare-bones ideas like Nothing. Quick Song has scratch vocals, but there's like 20 different Buckethead solo takes. It was a very interesting time capsule for CD fans.

About a year before that we got (at least some of) the remix album, House Of Blues 2001 pro shot, Saskatoon 1993 pro shot, Ritz 1987 pro shot, and some other random stuff (including Absurd and OMG with Bumblefoot).

The General has never leaked, aside from a terrible-quality, incomplete cell phone recording.

2010 proshot too, aye?

Waiting for Dale's SA tour doc to leak someday....must of been somewhat finished if he produced that trailer for it, one would imagine....

Forever Together (or whatever)

3 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

2010 proshot too, aye?

Waiting for Dale's SA tour doc to leak someday....must of been somewhat finished if he produced that trailer for it, one would imagine....

Forever Together (or whatever)

Yea, I thought San Juan 2010 leaked a bit earlier than that other stuff, but I could've mentioned it too. Also the unreleased video for I Don't Care About You.

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea, I thought San Juan 2010 leaked a bit earlier than that other stuff, but I could've mentioned it too. Also the unreleased video for I Don't Care About You.

Is that tour video for Catcher on any video site these days? Must of left YT in the blackout with the crazy flagging creep 

Edited by colonizedmind

4 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

So the infamous MSL/WFA stash leaked? That's great news!

I read the Rolling Stone write up on Tom Zutaut's locker, how much of that is the truth? Hard to know with this fanbase.

I have to admit, I enjoyed the reunion tour shows I've seen, and I've liked the new songs. I'm really excited for The General, I am in disbelief it's coming.

2 minutes ago, NewGNROldGNR said:

So the infamous MSL/WFA stash leaked? That's great news!

I read the Rolling Stone write up on Tom Zutaut's locker, how much of that is the truth? Hard to know with this fanbase.

I have to admit, I enjoyed the reunion tour shows I've seen, and I've liked the new songs. I'm really excited for The General, I am in disbelief it's coming.

Yea, everything MSL posted in that 2-3 minute 'teaser' back in 2013(?) eventually leaked. TIL remix has some of Axl's best vocals IMO, I heard the song in 2014 but was stoked when it finally leaked in 2018.

It's been a while since I read that RS article but it was... entertaining. :lol:

I'm excited but cautiously optimistic for The General. There's still a chance it will be like Absurd/Perhaps and have verses repeating throughout the song, or it will be too long to fit on a 7" record without distortion, but I'm hoping it's the best NITL song so far...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Did There Was A Time showed up in something this week? I mean, maybe on TV or some big YouTube/Tik Tok channel? 

I noticed a sudden spike in views for my cover on YouTube and I dont know why.

No idea, but your video popped up on my recommended feed too! Great cover

I found this reaction video very entertaining.  Just reminded me how UNIQUE and 1 of 1 Axl was and why this band was so incredibly good.  Axl was (and is still, I suppose) so damn special - immensely talented, incredible energy, effortless power, raw angst and emotion, unbelievable range, wonderful tone and pronunciation...I could go on all day.  Dude was one hell of a performer.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

10 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Just stumbled upon this (from a recent private festival in São Paulo, Brazil)

Lzzy Hale is awesome! She was really good on this. I did notice she struggled slightly with the very fast part of You Could Be Mine.  That part is tough with the breathing.

The guitar solo wasn’t the same though. Not as good as Slash. 

1 hour ago, Draguns said:

Lzzy Hale is awesome! She was really good on this. I did notice she struggled slightly with the very fast part of You Could Be Mine.  That part is tough with the breathing.

The guitar solo wasn’t the same though. Not as good as Slash. 

It's a tough song to sing and she struggled a bit, especially in the bridge. It wasn't great, but she pulled it off.

I thought the solo and the guitar playing in general was bad. The solo was whatever and didn't fit the song at all.

Best Slither ever (GNR wise) ?

Other than the bridge from Download...

Also was there something in the water in Snapdragon?

Even Better sounding the bestz for one night, in line 5 years!

So random...listen to the whole song and remind yourself of how bad it's been 3 years...

It's needs to be a live track (as ithe re-work is still cool) If they do the Atlas EP with BO and PTU

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Maynard James Keenan of Tool is mocking Axl on IG

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyJhSalpeGB/

There is a back story between them. They apparently didn't like each other and Axl reportedly blamed Keenan for Billy Howerdel leaving the CD project for A Perfect Circle.

A bit of a bitchy thing for MJK to post, however, I did laugh a little :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1