"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

33 minutes ago, Rindmelon said:

I don't know, i didn't buy one but someone on discord had a screen shot of an email saying it was delayed.

Are you referring to the 1LP one with “Hard Skool” on it? That’s strange to hear, I’ve had my copy since October…

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Real lawsuit filed in L.A. Superior Court (I have just removed the guy's personal info - phone, email, etc.)"

20231891.jpg

That same guy is even suing Tina Turner, and she's dead! (and a whole bunch of other people too.) I wonder what's up with him.

edit:

a few people on this person's sue list across his various court cases...

Britney Spears, Red Hot Chili peppers, Jeff Bezos, George W Bush,  Elon Musk, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Joe Biden, George W Bush, Ringo Srarr, Steven Spielberg, Ringo Starr, Mick Jagger, Billy Joel, Shania Tawin, Jay Leno, Ford motor co, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, Alice Cooper, Hillary Clinton, Elizabeth Holmes, Keith Richards

I think that dude needs help... I hope he doesn't lose all the money he has and then is unable to get help for himself afterwards...

Edited by BucketEgg
  • Like 2

On 11/19/2023 at 3:27 PM, Lies They Tell said:

I just noticed that the first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 was rumoured to be released on October 26th and now the rumoured release date is December 7th.

The Perhaps vinyl with The General and Monsters was supposed to be released on October 27th and then it was delayed to December 8th.

Imagine if there's a connection? Imagine if they're actually going to use Monsters or The General on the GTA 6 trailer. I've always said that the best possible promotion for new GNR music would be to put it on GTA 6. Putting it on the first trailer of the most anticipated game of all times, would be the best promotion that they could ever have.

At the same time, if they really want to make the first trailer of GTA 6 as epic as it can be and use some brand new music to promote it, there probably is no new music as epic as Monsters out there.

Brand new GNR music in the GTA 6 trailer. It's probably not going to happen, but damn it would be beautiful if it did happen.

They just announced the new GTA trailer for Dec. 5th.

• Like 2
  • Wow 3

On 11/9/2023 at 11:58 AM, rumandraisin said:

Compare to Bumble. Reading the excellent a-4-d history of the band, by the time you get to the 2011 chapter through 2014 it's essentially just endless Bumblefoot posts whining and moaning. About he he shouldn't have gone on tour, feeling the fans frustration, not putting out new music, how the cd material was just leftovers from a band that doesn't exist, frustration with management and so on.

looks like this "Bumble" is a longtime MyGNR member

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

That same guy is even suing Tina Turner, and she's dead! (and a whole bunch of other people too.) I wonder what's up with him.

edit:

a few people on this person's sue list across his various court cases...

Britney Spears, Red Hot Chili peppers, Jeff Bezos, George W Bush,  Elon Musk, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Joe Biden, George W Bush, Ringo Srarr, Steven Spielberg, Ringo Starr, Mick Jagger, Billy Joel, Shania Tawin, Jay Leno, Ford motor co, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, Alice Cooper, Hillary Clinton, Elizabeth Holmes, Keith Richards

I think that dude needs help... I hope he doesn't lose all the money he has and then is unable to get help for himself afterwards...

Yeah, he also involves King Charles and Dianna in all his lawsuits.

In the GN'R one (and likely in the other ones, too) he requested for the court to pay his basic filing fees and the request has been granted :lol:

20231892.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We're more than 10 years since hearing Going Down for the first time. I love the version that appeared among the Village Discs, but it didn't top the experience of listening to the fleshed out version for the very first time. Axl's backing vox have always been a favourite of mine. It's the Village version that mostly gets played in this house, but I threw on the original leak earlier and it's still a great listen. Songs of such quality shouldn't be stored away for decades.

49 minutes ago, Dean said:

We're more than 10 years since hearing Going Down for the first time. I love the version that appeared among the Village Discs, but it didn't top the experience of listening to the fleshed out version for the very first time. Axl's backing vox have always been a favourite of mine. It's the Village version that mostly gets played in this house, but I threw on the original leak earlier and it's still a great listen. Songs of such quality shouldn't be stored away for decades.

I've been listening to that one a lot too. I'd love a version with Duff singing, or with Axl recording the vocals in his baritone voice and keeping the old harmonies. Or just give it back to Tommy so he can release it, I just need a final version somewhere.

Just now, bmus1 said:

I've been listening to that one a lot too. I'd love a version with Duff singing, or with Axl recording the vocals in his baritone voice and keeping the old harmonies. Or just give it back to Tommy so he can release it, I just need a final version somewhere.

I think Tommy got the rights back to Going Down and Ten Percenter 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bmus1 said:

I'd pass on Duff putting his stamp on it, but it's the sort of tune that would have showcased Axl's range perfectly. Tommy has commented to fans about trying to get the songs back during some of his shows, but we've not heard any more on that topic. Songwriting databases have him listed correctly as the sole writer of both Going Down and Ten Percenter and many speculate that this means he has the rights back - but his comments about attempting to get them back came after these database credits appeared if I recall correctly. It still lists GNR as the performer too. I guess time will tell!

Ten Percenter

Going Down

• Like 1

On 12/1/2023 at 9:48 AM, Dean said:

I agree with your entire assessment of the song. Its criminally underrated and ranks amongst the best of the songs where Axl is featured in the back ground. Unfortunately I have not heard the song in a decade. It had sone great guitar work as I recollect. 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2023 at 2:43 PM, Blackstar said:

Yeah, he also involves King Charles and Dianna in all his lawsuits.

In the GN'R one (and likely in the other ones, too) he requested for the court to pay his basic filing fees and the request has been granted :lol:

20231892.jpg

Who is 'Guns And Roses Rock Band'? Do they have any songs that sound like Guns N' Roses?

9 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Who is 'Guns And Roses Rock Band'? Do they have any songs that sound like Guns N' Roses?

I can only assume they are a very confused tribute band who are wondering why they are being sued, along with Diana who if memory serves has been dead since 1998. I met her once in about 1989, she did not mention promoting Guns And Roses. So who knows? I don't know who to believe.

• Haha 1

Speaking of Goin’ Down, I think it’d be cool if Tommy got the rights back and was able to release a solo version with Axl guesting on background vocals. That way we could get an officially released high quality version of the song and it wouldn’t be under the Guns name, in case that is too awkward. I’d enjoy that a lot. 

2 minutes ago, cosmicblues said:

Speaking of Goin’ Down, I think it’d be cool if Tommy got the rights back and was able to release a solo version with Axl guesting on background vocals. That way we could get an officially released high quality version of the song and it wouldn’t be under the Guns name, in case that is too awkward. I’d enjoy that a lot. 

Tommy got the rights back to Going Down I believe

• 2 weeks later...