"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

On 8/18/2023 at 12:59 AM, WhazUp said:

So far this year we have gotten:

-  Decent setlist shakeups with PTU, Anything Goes, and Bad Obsession in the mix

-  Perhaps

-  Perhaps music video

-  The General (soon to come)

GNR have really stepped up their game in 2023 and kudos to them for doing so, I think moments like this go a long way when it comes to us hardcore GNR fanatics

Yup, I’m very happy as a fan. I know we all want an album, but The General is the song we would have wanted the most off of it. I’m stoked it’s coming

I also don’t think anyone in Guns intended for it to implode in 2016. Getting together for Coachella clearly meant it was supposed to be a permanent thing. It just could have imploded

• Like 2

On 8/12/2023 at 4:34 AM, jamillos said:

Chinese Democracy. There’s not a single major chord in that song, is there.
All minors.
Fuckin' perverts. 

Isn't the first chord D major? 

On 8/21/2023 at 12:47 PM, Amir said:

I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that the acoustic guitar at the beginning of the Finck solo in TWAT was by Axl, but now I can't find any credits for acoustic guitar for that track. Am I misremembering?

On 8/22/2023 at 5:21 AM, rumandraisin said:

Axl said the power chords under the solo were his idea. There's probably parts of his playing under it too but with so many guitarists on it it's hard to know who is doing what on the latter half of the song. 

I always thought the acoustic was Paul along with the piano. If anyone knows where I got this from I'd like to know!

I think Axl plays a tiny small lead during the "Yeah there was a time.. didn't wanna know it all..." part. Also some small tidbits just before Robin's main solo and the ending when the guitars stops and there is a sustained high note. I don't have evidence of it, just followed what I heard in the Village demo from what I assume is Axl's lead guitar idea after the 1st chorus that was later replaced by Buckethead's similar ideas.

2 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Isn't the first chord D major? 

I think Axl plays a tiny small lead during the "Yeah there was a time.. didn't wanna know it all..." part. Also some small tidbits just before Robin's main solo and the ending when the guitars stops and there is a sustained high note. I don't have evidence of it, just followed what I heard in the Village demo from what I assume is Axl's lead guitar idea after the 1st chorus that was later replaced by Buckethead's similar ideas.

Could be, but it still sounds all minor. 

• Haha 1

So, I'm thinking,"Wow, Axl sounds great in this clip! 🤘😁🤭 I'll bet the comments will be praising how great he sounds! 🤭😁🤘 I was stunned that like NINETY EIGHT percent of the comments talking about Axl's singing were NEGATIVE, such as,"Axl's voice is shit. He sounds awful. He's embarrassing himself and should just retire?" 😱😳 What the FUCK? He sounded GREAT to me! 

Rewatching Bridge School 2012, why did we slate Axls vocals here? 

Listening to You're Crazy, Jungle... He is killing it. Still had that rasp that's completely gone now and just sounds painful and forced when he does try. 

Okay he messed up Jungle and forgets the lyrics but we didn't know how good we had it back then. Same with the 2014 shows. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

Listening to You're Crazy, Jungle... He is killing it. Still had that rasp that's completely gone now and just sounds painful and forced when he does try. 

Okay he messed up Jungle and forgets the lyrics but we didn't know how good we had it back then. Same with the 2014 shows. 

And some here claim that Bridge School show is Axl's worst performance ever, just listen to Hershey 2021 and you'll know what Axl's worst vocal performance ever is.  

Edited by We love Axl Rose
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

People couldn't really look into the future to compare a 2012 performance to present. It may be better than his present performances but this was 2 years after 2010 where he had a ton of rasp in the early part of the year.

The hard part to believe is this was less than 4 years from the NITL tour which feels way further spaced from 2009-14 than it actually is.

I'm a wrestling fan and was watching this interview with Chris Jericho who's a wrestler and part of the rock band Fozzy. In addition he was part of the Eddie Trunk interview with Axl in 2006, had Slash on his podcast to talk about dinosaurs, and has a good knowledge of rock and metal in general.

He's interviewed by fellow wrestler Swerve Strickland for his podcast and at 15:00, co-host Monteasy makes a point about stealth album drops while mentioning Michael Jackson and Slash.

Chris Jericho starts talking about Chinese Democracy's release and the lack of promotion which caught my attention. It's mostly accurate and I feel like he's talking in good faith as he's actually a fan of the band.

7 hours ago, Amir said:

St. Anger getting a 20th anniversary special edition release. If that's possible, then maybe a ChiDem special edition in five years time...

Most likely going to happen, yeah. Seems like almost every major rock band is rereleasing basically all of their catalogue, so I'm pretty confident we're getting something then.

• GNFNR 1

11 hours ago, GoBucky said:

Interesting Facebook posts from Dave Abbruzzese (PJ'S best drummer). He posted a few published tidbits about his short time working with Axl, but also mentioned a new book coming out that he interviewed for that will explain why it didn't work out. I wonder if it's a book on the Chinese era, or just another PJ book? 

Screenshot_20230907_094215_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230907_094240_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230907_100851_Facebook.jpg

It's also interesting that he got these quotes from Chinese Whispers.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 2

3 hours ago, gnrjanus said:

Osbourne is still down to all his illness and accident. 

Ac/dc are gearing up to do this so. I think they will bring a new tour next year. 

And hopefully gnr inside of working in New or newish studio shit

Slightly off topic but I have a feeling that the ROB tour was the last world tour from AC/DC. They will probably focus on festivals and small club gigs (like they did in 2003) from now on. 

Angus has more than enough material in the vault (co-written by Mal) to release one or two last albums. He should focus on that instead of a world tour.

Edited by Sosso

https://de.gnrmerch.com/p51-i0602455740229/guns-n-roses/greatest-hits-limited-edition-lp/index.html

Greatest Hits is getting 1LP version with Hard Skool. 

"Gunners, time to get your hands on the first-ever 1LP pressing of the Greatest Hits featuring 8 songs including “Hard Skool”. Pressed on clear vinyl with metallic gold color-in-color effect and featuring a numbered premium tip-on jacket that’s wrapped in chrome met poly paper.  Limited to 3,000 units worldwide.

Tracklist

1. Welcome To The Jungle (Side A)
2. Sweet Child O’ Mine (Side A)
3. Patience (Side A)
4. Paradise City (Side A)
5. You Could Be Mine (Side B)
6. Don’t Cry (Original Version) (Side B)
7. November Rain (2022 Version) (Side B)
8. Hard Skool (Side B)"

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, tboneman said:

https://de.gnrmerch.com/p51-i0602455740229/guns-n-roses/greatest-hits-limited-edition-lp/index.html

Greatest Hits is getting 1LP version with Hard Skool. 

"Gunners, time to get your hands on the first-ever 1LP pressing of the Greatest Hits featuring 8 songs including “Hard Skool”. Pressed on clear vinyl with metallic gold color-in-color effect and featuring a numbered premium tip-on jacket that’s wrapped in chrome met poly paper.  Limited to 3,000 units worldwide.

Tracklist

1. Welcome To The Jungle (Side A)
2. Sweet Child O’ Mine (Side A)
3. Patience (Side A)
4. Paradise City (Side A)
5. You Could Be Mine (Side B)
6. Don’t Cry (Original Version) (Side B)
7. November Rain (2022 Version) (Side B)
8. Hard Skool (Side B)"

I feel like this deserves a thread of its own. This band....