Slash to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel (Sep 12)

1 hour ago, Snytefant said:

What on earth are Myles doing in the chorus of Driving Rain?
"I can't see the road, THWAAAA the Driving Rain?" 
If he can't hit the right note with somewhat correct pronounciation just let Todd do it? :shrugs:

I think it's a technique thing. Corey Taylor does the same thing when he sings clean. 

58 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I think it's a technique thing. Corey Taylor does the same thing when he sings clean. 

Well, then he should consider changing technique. 
It sounds good the way he does it on the record. Maybe it gets better when they do the song more on tour.

8 hours ago, thunderram said:

And we can't through a post or two w/o somebody complaining about Myles voice.

Myles Kennedy is in not one but two highly successful rock n' roll bands and has millions of fans. I'm really beginning to believe that Occam's Razor applies here and many of the complainers are either tone deaf or biased GN'R fans or both.

While I get that everyone has personal tastes and that Myles Kennedy may not be their cup of tea, this notion that he's so freaking bad that people can't get through a verse is just utterly ridiculous to me.

If you can't get through a post or two without someone complaining about his voice then that should tell you something. Biased GNR fan? Did you skip the part where I also stated that Axl does not sound good at this point either? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tori72 said:

There’s no interview with Kimmel and Slash?

I don't know why anyone thought there would be. All of these late night shows in the U.S. have musical guests, and very rarely does that artist also do an interview. It happens sometimes but it's not common at all. If you look at the earlier pages of this thread, people were just assuming there'd be an interview and speculating about what questions would be asked. Even though there was no indication anywhere that there would be an interview. Some of these folks live in la la land, I swear...

10 minutes ago, MidnightToker said:

I don't know why anyone thought there would be. All of these late night shows in the U.S. have musical guests, and very rarely does that artist also do an interview. It happens sometimes but it's not common at all. If you look at the earlier pages of this thread, people were just assuming there'd be an interview and speculating about what questions would be asked. Even though there was no indication anywhere that there would be an interview. Some of these folks live in la la land, I swear...

Well, maybe you should take into consideration that many people in this forum ARE NOT from the United States? :rolleyes:

That'd make your comment less douchey...

• Like 1

Words can't express how happy I am to have this band back! Can't believe I'm finally getting to hear Slash playing with a great drummer and a guy who understands the concept of rhythm guitar again after YEARS (with the exception of that great performance with Foo Fighters).

Also, they played 5 songs and 3 of them are brand new, that's the Slash I want!

Bring on the album already!! :headbang:

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

17 hours ago, thunderram said:

While I get that everyone has personal tastes and that Myles Kennedy may not be their cup of tea, this notion that he's so freaking bad that people can't get through a verse is just utterly ridiculous to me.

It really isn't.. I have heard the same sentiments towards Myles outside of this forum. 

1 hour ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Words can't express how happy I am to have this band back! Can't believe I'm finally getting to hear Slash playing with a great drummer and a guy who understands the concept of rhythm guitar again after YEARS (with the exception of that great performance with Foo Fighters).

That's the enthusiasm I'm looking for! I agree with you 100%. I'm seeing them on Saturday and I can't wait!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ZoSo said:

I don't think the issue is that anyone thinks he's bad, he's a fantastic technical singer, but his voice is very "samey" on all of these Slash songs. It grates on you pretty quickly, and turns what is probably a great song underneath into a very average song.

That said, the original songs he did with Slash, Starlight and Back From Cali are very listenable to me, it's just this latest stuff which as you've just said, isn't my cup of tea. Wouldn't stop me going to see them live though.

Agree.. I though Starlight and Back From Cali especially were great.. He sounded ok on a few AL songs like Anastasia and Not For Me.. He sounded the most consistent on WOF I think and the music was so good on there that you could overlook him.. So far everything I have heard from the new album sound like filler from the last albums. Myles definitely gives things a generic feel and the harmonies with him and Todd on every chorus are belong old.  I am finding it hard ti get excited about this show.. Crazy since I have seen Slash really close to 20 times outside of Guns..

1 hour ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Yo' dude, where the hell were you? :D