Slash to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel (Sep 12)

16 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

It really isn't.. I have heard the same sentiments towards Myles outside of this forum. 

And I've seen sentiments outside this forum that Myles is one of the greatest singers on the scene while AXL sings nothing but arena rock trash. It goes both ways.

Point is, there are always gonna people who like and dislike an artist. There's no getting around that. But the hate around these parts seems especially high. I don't think I'm going out on a limb in believing that personal bias towards the original 5 has something to do with it -- whether they know it or not.

There are lots of vocalists (and guitarists) I'm not especially fond of. But I wouldn't go so far to say that they can't sing/play and that I can't get through a verse of a song. Sure, there are a few horrible musicians where that might be true. But that's a small group for most. And no chance Myles fits into that class. The guy can definitely sing even if he doesn't fit personal tastes. That's precisely why he was hired as a singing voice for a major motion picture at one point. Unless it's for spoof, Hollywood isn't hiring you if you can't sing.

Sorry, it's just tiring reading all the hyperbole. But I should be used to it from this place by now.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MidnightToker said:

This. I would love to see Fat Axl even attempt to do something like this. 

I just wish people on this site would be less dramatic. It's fine if you don't like Myles, he's not for everyone (who is?). But to say he's a horrible singer is simply not true (see video above). He may not be your style but he simply is not a bad singer. And enough with the hyperbole -- "can't get through one verse," "sounds like a dying cat," etc. F'ing drama queens, man. Go worship your aging, over-the-hill Mickey Mouse.

It's nonsense that he's a horrible singer.

Obviously he's not my favorite and I kind of accept him on Slash's music instead of enjoying him. One of the reasons is you can see in his solo shows that he's multifaceted but he doesn't use this talent for the Conspirators.  

6 hours ago, MidnightToker said:

I just wish people on this site would be less dramatic. It's fine if you don't like Myles, he's not for everyone (who is?). But to say he's a horrible singer is simply not true (see video above). He may not be your style but he simply is not a bad singer. And enough with the hyperbole -- "can't get through one verse," "sounds like a dying cat," etc. F'ing drama queens, man. Go worship your aging, over-the-hill Mickey Mouse.

Well, you are in a GNR fansite, what you expected? This site is one of the most objectives places to read (go to that thread about Axl's voice) but insulting Axl (in a drama queen way) is not the best way to convince us that mediocrity is good, Myles is a mediocre singer without an ounce of charisma which is worst than a bad singer.

7 hours ago, MidnightToker said:

Pff....like that means anything. Oh he can sing better - who cares about that here?? FAT AXL is a legend. Shame on you.

Only one man could absolutely wreck  a platter of beef ribs and sing November Rain in a flying piano. There is no chance that Myles can eat more than the redhead. And that's really what counts in the end. 

Myles has what - a 30 inch waist? Axl's is 50+ easily. FAT AXL wins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lio said:

:lol: Some people here sound like little kids. You don't like my favourite singer? Well, your favourite singer is fat and he can't sing either!

Makes for great discussion for sure...

Quite. It's not difficult to recognise that Myles is a capable singer. I don't personally enjoy listening to him but that doesn't mean he's crap at it.

• Like 3

Myles Kennedy school report:

+ He sings perfectly when he sings low. E.g. the verses of battleground or starlight.

+ He is a nice, down to earth guy. It is the first time Slash can work with a singer with no frictions.

+ From '91 he puts out a new studio album constantly every 2-3 years.

+ He can hit those high notes.

- He sings awfully when he goes to the higher register. He really makes the songs unlistenable.

- He has some bad singing habits. He often appends an 'a' to the words and in some songs (most notably in YCBM) he uses to speak a whole part instead of singing it.

- His stage presence is nothing special and his interaction with the crowd is booooring and even awkward.

As for the fat Axl

Of course, technically Myles is a better singer than Axl nowadays for the most part, but young Axl just destroys him.

Unless Myles tops this one day and proves me wrong:

According to some, Axl's decline started in '92. But this is one of the performances where

he just showed what it's like to be one of the greatest frontmen - rock singers in history.

Because Axl's story goes well back before he got fat and bloated.

• Like 1

Myles' stage presence is sooo much better when he has a guitar in his hands. I would give him a guitar with Slash just to strum chords or something. I mean, Slash is the only project in his life where he's just a singer. You can't learn at 40 how to perform like that at the high level

I mean look at James Hetfield without a guitar. I can't even finish the video cause of his awkwardness :lol: