Fortus Interview KSHE

1 hour ago, Azifwekare said:

You're right, it was a terrible idea. Why would anyone want to listen to a girl sing? She should be fired before she gives the rest of the band cooties.

It has nothing to do with her being a girl.  My pick for VR's singer would have been Linda Perry... It has to do with her looking and acting like a clown.  It has to do with her being more of a teeny bopper pop star than a rocker.  I just prefer Guns N' Roses to be a bad ass rock band.  She just adds a very cheesy element to the band.  

• Like 3

I see Melissa more as a touring member than I see her as a studio contributor. However, I wouldn't find it shocking if DJ Ashba ends up producing a track or 2 on this hypothetical album that Guns are supposedly interested in making. Remember how he used to bore tha fan base with his constant interviews about him being a producer in addition to a guitar player?

Didn't DJ send out a tweet during the latter half of 2016 which showed a pic of him and Duff and said something along the lines of "I'm just getting started?"

Regardless of who's producing or on the album, hopefully someone is able to do something to help cover up the fact that Axl's singing sounds like shit these days.

Edited by todreamofwolves
  • Like 1

I think that in the past Fortus was never as explicit as in this interview. I mean he does says that a new tour depends on wheter there is new material or not, and that the Not In This Lifetime cycle is over. If you couple that with the "we're not done yet, shits just getting started", the Axl's comments and all the rumors floating around and I think that you do have something. I thinks it's happening, there's too much smoke.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Manfisman said:

I think that in the past Fortus was never as explicit as in this interview. I mean he does says that a new tour depends on wheter there is new material or not, and that the Not In This Lifetime cycle is over. If you couple that with the "we're not done yet, shits just getting started", the Axl's comments and all the rumors floating around and I think that you do have something. I thinks it's happening, there's too much smoke.

I would say Fortus has been this explicit, like in 2015 when he said they were in studio and working on some Slash riffs. And that could even be this same recording that they are working on still.

The comment about new tour depending on new music is huge, though!! Thats been stuck in my mind since listening to the interview. To me it sounds like something that Slash would have pushed for, too.

I agree with you that there seems to be something 'fresh' about these claims. Im excited, despite the fact that my screen name is inspired by Fortus' many claims and he even said "soon" again here! lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, soon said:

I would say Fortus has been this explicit, like in 2015 when he said they were in studio and working on some Slash riffs. And that could even be this same recording that they are working on still.

Which interview was this? I've seen this mentioned before but didn't realise it was so recent. 

55 minutes ago, todreamofwolves said:

I see Melissa more as a touring member than I see her as a studio contributor. However, I wouldn't find it shocking if DJ Ashba ends up producing a track or 2 on this hypothetical album that Guns are supposedly interested in making. Remember how he used to bore tha fan base with his constant interviews about him being a producer in addition to a guitar player?

Didn't DJ send out a tweet during the latter half of 2016 which showed a pic of him and Duff and said something along the lines of "I'm just getting started?"

Regardless of who's producing or on the album, hopefully someone is able to do something to help cover up the fact that Axl's singing sounds like shit these days.

I'm certain Carem and Axl will produce any new GN'R tracks that ever get released.

10 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

Which interview was this? I've seen this mentioned before but didn't realise it was so recent. 

Did a google and here is one version of him saying they are working on Slash stuff. Its from late 2014. This is a secondary source, I believe most of us saw him say it in a video interview. But I dont recall. Anyways, he says it here too

http://loudwire.com/guns-n-roses-slash-material-new-album-axl-rose-posts-photo-studio/

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, soon said:

Did a google and here is one version of him saying they are working on Slash stuff. Its from late 2014. This is a secondary source, I believe most of us saw him say it in a video interview. But I dont recall. Anyways, he says it here too

http://loudwire.com/guns-n-roses-slash-material-new-album-axl-rose-posts-photo-studio/

Wow, I totally missed that. Seems likely that some 95/96 material is still being considered, or even some more 'classic' outtakes being reworked. I'm suprised people didn't cotton onto the looming reunion sooner. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

Wow, I totally missed that. Seems likely that some 95/96 material is still being considered, or even some more 'classic' outtakes being reworked. I'm suprised people didn't cotton onto the looming reunion sooner. 

Of course some people believed reunion would come. Others thought Orianthi would be the new guitar player, or Richie Sambora, or several other guitarists that were rumoured to have been asked/tried out for GNR. It was also rumoured Axl would retire. Axl himself said there'd be a remix album and the other half of Chinese. Tommy Stinson didn't know if he was still in the band or not. BBF was playing hide and seek. DJ was boasting about the things he and Axl could do. 2014 was a time where anything was possible.

It would be the same as saying 'Duh, didn't people realize an album would drop in 2019', when looking at interviews or signs or things that have been said, suggested etc. this year.

But this is GNR, anything is always possible. In hindsight, it's always obvious.

Didn't Fortus say 'big things & new music for 2016' ? 

We got an awesome tour & Shadow released this year so off the mark but close enough.  

Slash tours solo until at least July 2019 & hates to stop touring so I'm backing a single late August/September with the new album on 23/11 which is the same release date as Spaghetti & Democracy. Tour to commence straight after Slash gets home & the single is released. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NOVEMBER COMA said:

Didn't Fortus say 'big things & new music for 2016' ? 

We got an awesome tour & Shadow released this year so off the mark but close enough.  

Slash tours solo until at least July 2019 & hates to stop touring so I'm backing a single late August/September with the new album on 23/11 which is the same release date as Spaghetti & Democracy. Tour to commence straight after Slash gets home & the single is released. 

Same release date for Live Era too. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adamsapple said:

Richard can't win these interviews. :lol:

So you're the guitarist in Guns N' Roses. What you think journalists are gonna ask about?

Right. Guns N' Fuckin' Roses. What else of your work would be of interesat to the readers? :shrugs:

Just got off a 2+ year world tour? Give us more! We want more shows, more albums...like....now! :lol:

So you try and be as diplomatic and enthusiastic as possible without rubbing anyone the wrong way and at the same time keep face.

Talk about walking on eggshells.

Richard was always loyal, supportive and committed to GNR that's enough for me.

It's not like he runs around talking bullshit or giving false release dates or anything, so you gotta learn how to read them innerviews right and this one just says the band is open to work together again. Could be a tour, an album - whatever. It doesn't sound like they gonna ride off into the sunset any time soon and to me that's good news.

You means he need keep poker face , good strategic..:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1