Fortus Interview KSHE

7 minutes ago, todreamofwolves said:

I wonder if Fortus' presence on the forthcoming album will be felt as much as Izzy's was on the early albums. Hopefully Axl gives him the opportunity to shine and maybe even take lead vocals on one or two tracks. It would be a great "f you" to the haters who don't see this lineup as the legitimate GNR.

Fortus isn't a singer. Im 99.9% sure of this.

2 minutes ago, soon said:

I'll say it this way then; Fortus doesnt sing.

But I like Tommy and Izzys voice a lot. Duff aint bad either, imo.

Village Gorilla Head is one of my favourite solo albums from a Guns N' Roses member. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, todreamofwolves said:

I wonder if Fortus' presence on the forthcoming album will be felt as much as Izzy's was on the early albums. Hopefully Axl gives him the opportunity to shine and maybe even take lead vocals on one or two tracks. It would be a great "f you" to the haters who don't see this lineup as the legitimate GNR.

lead vocals? The dude can't even sing backup vocals.. If he could maybe they wouldn't need the blue hair...  I am not a fan of his playing... Hopefully his presence will be kept to a minimum...  Even better, I would love to see them give him a pink slip...

As for a song before the end of 2019? That is sooner than we think? Slash has been back with Axl for almost 3 years.. One song in 4 years isn't very exciting,...

3 hours ago, zombux said:

my favourite one is Beautiful Disease. probably pretty much similar league.

Beautiful Disease is such a great album. Absolutely love it. Shame it never got officially released.

If Guns release another album I actually wouldn't mind if there would be some co-lead vocals by Duff and Melissa. 

6 hours ago, Dean said:

Paul would have received royalties from the sale of Shadow of Your Love, I'd be curious to know if Slash actually knew that. He was in a bad place in his life when Guns went pear shaped, so maybe just overreacted due to Axl going over the rest of the guys by bringing Paul into the fold, with Paul getting the brunt of it. They made out as if he never had the chops to be in Guns, but his work is all over Chinese and is one of the key people that helped bring that project on. 

I think the Tobias scenario was simply the last straw with all of the tension between Axl n Slash coming to a head. Even Slash said at one point that he took out his Axl-related anger on Tobias and didn't even know the guy well enough to have an opinion on him.

Tobias was the Izzy of CD. That's why Axl considers him valuable enough to keep locked in the vault. 

Edited by Azifwekare
  • GNFNR 1

7 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

I think the Tobias scenario was simply the last straw with all of the tension between Axl n Slash coming to a head. Even Slash said at one point that he took out his Axl-related anger on Tobias and didn't even know the guy well enough to have an opinion on him.

Tobias was the Izzy of CD. That's why Axl considers him valuable enough to keep locked in the vault. 

Axl described him as the original guitarist from Indiana. I think that he wanted to repeat the way of the AfD songwriting, but with Paul instead of Izzy. 

Edited by Sosso

6 hours ago, todreamofwolves said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5498283

At this point, the only person who should have lead vocals on any part of a GN'R album is Axl. As good as Going Down was, it would be a wasted track if included on CD.

Maybe one duet. A duet between Axl and Melissa could be interesting. 

Edited by Azifwekare

On 12/15/2018 at 2:37 AM, todreamofwolves said:

I think it's great that Axl allowed Fortus to be the one to make this official announcement.

Hopefully the opportunity to paste new riffs over 20 year old leftovers from the Chinese Democracy sessions is enough to convince Slash to cancel his tour with Myles. AND, hopefully now more fans will recognize Fortus as an equal partner and not jut some guy with a big nose and who isn't Izzy.

No.

I have a ticket to that!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, todreamofwolves said:

The problem with that though is that, do we really want one or two songs off one of the few new records GNR has put out in the 21st century to not have songs sung by Axl??  To me that would be such a wasted opportunity and would only take up space when we could have had more tunes with the actual singer on GNR on them, since we have had so few GNR tunes the past 20 years

It worked with Izzy probably more than it ever could with Fortus because he was one of the main songwriters for GNR anyways to begin with from the start so even the songs that Axl sung still had a bit of Izzy in them so to speak.  And the Illusions had so many tracks that they could showcase Izzy and Duff (So Fine) and feature a variety of experiements

• GNFNR 1

Going Down with Axl Rose on lead vocals. I hope that exists somewhere.

I do hear the argument that it would be nuts to release a GNR song without Axl on lead vocals, but if Going Down was appropriate enough for Chinese and had Tommy on vocals, I wouldn’t have minded too much, especially if it replaced Scraped!

26 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

If we're talking duets for Axl and Melissa a good cover song for that would be Total Eclipse of the Heart, one of my all-time favourite pop songs. Plus wasn't Axl already thinking of recording that?

If Melissa is present on the album and fucks up in any way she'll deserve the fire and brimstone she'll get. But, despite her annoying social media and non-rock-icon status, she is talented and has a great voice. Her and Brain's remixes were pretty #Rad #Lit

I have convinced myself an album is coming next year. I believe. Actually, we'll get multiple albums.

I’d prefer Axl and Melissa try Street of Dreams together live, it could work haha