09/21/19 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Palladium

downzy

Just now, estrangedtwat said:

So the only people that are allowed to have an opinion on Guns N Roses would be members of some of the other most successful rock bands of all time?  We're not allowed to say shit unless we've sold 500 million records?

Maybe people should only voice positive opinions. Like in North Korea you know

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

So the only people that are allowed to have an opinion on Guns N Roses would be members of some of the other most successful rock bands of all time?  We're not allowed to say shit unless we've sold 500 million records?

No but it's ridiculous when some internet nerd who's probably fat himself belittles someone who made his way onto the stage and sold million albums because of his weight

3 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

No. I’m no vocal coach, so I can’t explain it properly. But don’t compare now to then, ever again, lol. Why do you think they didn’t do the vocal intro to jungle? Axl doesn’t have that rasp anymore. He lost it. Now it’s this... artificial rasp that doesn’t sound right. 

Me either. But from my understanding, rasp causes something known as "vocal wobble" when used in excess. You're entirely right in saying that you can't compare now to the 90s, because you can clearly hear that Axl has far more vocal wobble now than he did in the 90s. The reason why, once again from my very limited understanding, is because of the stress it places on your vocal cords. So...it's actually a result of the technique itself, sorry to say. 

I get disappointed when Axl sings so much in his clean voice not least because I could sing this full set in a clean voice no problem. I can do a lot of rasp too but not for three hours, my voice would blow out. What makes Axl amazing to me is his ability to use rasp for so long and it sound great (like he did just very recently with AC/DC). But then again, I'm not 57, I can't sing anywhere near as good as Axl could in his 20s in mine. What he needs is Steven Tyler's vocal coach. That man's voice hasn't aged at all from what I hear.