The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

4 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

That's odd because Myles is recording his 2nd solo album right now

Not that odd. They have more free time the last few months than they’ve had in years. All the recording now means there’s material ready to support touring when bands start hitting the road again.

Keep in mind I’m referring to Myles solo, Alter Bridge, and Conspirators. We already know there won’t be a Guns N’ Roses record. Maybe an Illusions box set. 

1 hour ago, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

Slash should drop Miles for this record and do another 2010 album with guest vocalists to freshen things up.. Would be a cool way to sneak Axl in on a song and there wouldn't be as much expectation on the track because it wouldnt be under the Guns name

This would be fantastic. Living the dream was stale cock rock, 'Slash' and 'apocalyptic love' were great albums. World on fire still had some cool riffs but was starting to get a bit generic. I like Myles and AB, but in the studio SMKC have probably run their creative course. 

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

So either the GNR album is done and hes working on SMKC followup or theres no GNR album, and SMKC is now being worked on.

You have to credit his work ethic in keeping busy.

He can do both at the same time as well - we all know his work ethic so I’d say that’s likely.

Slash has already said he writes for both, has confirmed he has used the AFD Les Paul on studio recordings, has jammed with Axl recently.....but that’s all shite because of a photo of him in the studio with a SMKC member (which in my eyes just validates his first point).

Nothing here says to me anything negative.

1 minute ago, El Guapo said:

It would only take one similar pic of Slash and Axl in a studio to give the fans some good vibes while nothing's ready for announcement. One photo. But no. 

Very true - a single photo or 10 second snippet of something new would send this place into meltdown 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

This would be fantastic. Living the dream was stale cock rock, 'Slash' and 'apocalyptic love' were great albums. World on fire still had some cool riffs but was starting to get a bit generic. I like Myles and AB, but in the studio SMKC have probably run their creative course. 

I much preferred WOF to AL. The first 5 tracks on WOF are amazing.

• Like 3

Axl won’t let go of that album it’s obvious. It’s probably done, we’re just waiting for him to find his muse to finish the last bits of ‘essential’ tinkering. 

The illusions were pulled from him and, arguably, so was Chinese by the powerhouse that is Azoff.

I genuinely believe the only thing that will prompt Axl to release the record is another huge leak 🤞

2 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Axl won’t let go of that album it’s obvious. It’s probably done, we’re just waiting for him to find his muse to finish the last bits of ‘essential’ tinkering. 

The illusions were pulled from him and, arguably, so was Chinese by the powerhouse that is Azoff.

I genuinely believe the only thing that will prompt Axl to release the record is another huge leak 🤞

Nah. Another huge leak would be used as an excuse NOT to release anything. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

As I've said before, if nothing happens by the end of the year GNR fans hoarding unreleased material need to take 'The Next Chapter' out of GNRs hands and do the right thing and give us another big leak.

Preferably the 'finished' follow up to Chinese Democracy from 2010 or whenever it was. :axl:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, metallex78 said:

Slash likes to keep busy. And if Axl ain’t gonna use Slash for new GN’R music, Slash isn’t gonna sit around waiting. 

Yeah. I would say Slash is tired of sitting around and the window for new GNr has closed. Once again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. I would say Slash is tired of sitting around and the window for new GNr has closed. Once again.

He was quoted a recently saying he was jamming with Axl...just because he might be doing something with SMKC means feck all really regarding GNR plans in my book.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Wishful thinking on your part.

We know he writes for both - so it’s not unsurprising he is using lockdown time for both. If he says he has been writing for GNR-related stuff and jamming with Axl recently that doesn’t tie in with the ‘new material isn’t happening’ narrative.

Im as frustrated as everyone at the amount of time new material is taking but don’t see a Slash using his time for his solo stuff as a death knell for GNR stuff. As said elsewhere a photo of them jamming or in the studio would have been great - I don’t really agree with the radio silence approach they seem to want to adopt it has to be said.

4 hours ago, El Guapo said:

It would only take one similar pic of Slash and Axl in a studio to give the fans some good vibes while nothing's ready for announcement. One photo. But no. 

The fact that an image of Axl and Slash jamming hasn't been put out is simply a huge failure of management.

2 hours ago, gavgnr said:

Yep, Axl needs to be removed as creative control of GNR. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Nah he is right Slash said maybe 2 weeks ago he was jamming with Axl

And for once I'm with Towelie. New SMKC album will be out before new GNR. Especially if they are only at a jamming stage and now SMKC comes inbetween. At any rate SMKC work faster than Axl.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

And for once I'm with Towelie. New SMKC album will be out before new GNR. Especially if they are only at a jamming stage and now SMKC comes inbetween. At any rate SMKC work faster than Axl.

This isn’t an unrealistic scenario TBH. We have waited this long for GNR stuff with both Axl and Slash so if it takes a while longer so be it. I’d rather take time and get a good release as opposed to something substandard.