The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

6 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

Don't know if this has been said already in another thread but Fernando answered Reddit questions again and this is a quote from him:

"3. We don’t have any plans on doing a documentary or movie. We have shot a few shows professionally with one being released this year." 

This year?? Should be announced within the next two months if they want to release it in time for the Christmas market 

He also said none of the Axl/DC shows were pro-shot :(

That's a massive shame. Those shows were a really unusual 'one-off'. It seems such a waste not to have at least one pro-shot of one of them. 

As for the live album comment.....well that sounds promising. I'm of the group that would snap up a live album in an instant. Regardless of the quality it would hold interest for me and justify the cost. 

6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

That's a massive shame. Those shows were a really unusual 'one-off'. It seems such a waste not to have at least one pro-shot of one of them. 

As for the live album comment.....well that sounds promising. I'm of the group that would snap up a live album in an instant. Regardless of the quality it would hold interest for me and justify the cost. 

Yeah I hope we at least get a live album and/or dvd, if anything. I wouldn’t take anything fernando says as gospel tho (“plans change”).

if this does happen tho, I hope the audio cd portion is treated as a separate release, so that it actually counts as part of the band’s discography.

The way they handled the cd version of A4Dem was dumb. The only way you can buy it is with the Blu-ray, so it doesn’t even count as an official audio release from the band and isn’t even available on streaming platforms and such.

6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

A live album and accompanying brand new single would be a decent start to "The Next Chapter".

24 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

Don't know if this has been said already in another thread but Fernando answered Reddit questions again and this is a quote from him:

"3. We don’t have any plans on doing a documentary or movie. We have shot a few shows professionally with one being released this year." 

This year?? Should be announced within the next two months if they want to release it in time for the Christmas market 

14 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

5 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah I hope we at least get a live album and/or dvd, if anything. I wouldn’t take anything fernando says as gospel tho (“plans change”).

if this does happen tho, I hope the audio cd portion is treated as a separate release, so that it actually counts as part of the band’s discography.

The way they handled the cd version of A4Dem was dumb. The only way you can buy it is with the Blu-ray, so it doesn’t even count as an official audio release from the band and isn’t even available on streaming platforms and such.

5 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

A live album and accompanying brand new single would be a decent start to "The Next Chapter".

Was just about to post re this - Fernando as already stated has confirmed a live release for this year. Quite a specific comment too. Which is awesome.

Totally agree the audio element should be released separately to boost the discography but at this point - beggars can’t be choosers.

Interestingly - whilst he said no AXL/DC shows were pro-shot, he did say they were ‘filmed’.....so there is footage it seems.

Fermanager

2. Axl’s way of writing and creating comes at all times, yes he has continued to write and create. His ideas are endless, which is great.

3. We don’t have any plans on doing a documentary or movie. We have shot a few shows professionally with one being released this year. We do have some ideas in place which was due to take place this year before the pandemic took over, however I am hoping it can still happen on our rescheduled dates in 2021.

Point number two is incredibly pleasing.

1 hour ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

Is it possible it’s UMG that wants the band to release the old stuff before they’ll invest the money to put this band into the studio to record a full new album?

These old recordings are worth a lot of money when it comes to studio time. It would make sense that UMG doesn’t want it all to be thrown away.

The studio time for chinese has been covered by the best buy deal (and then some). That's why even Axl agreed that Irving did some good work! 

As for the idea that it's all village leaks, who knows!? But I hope this is just one of the many bullshit stories floating around! 

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Axl vocals from over 10 years ago? What a turn off.

If it's just re-worked CD songs, I'd rather hear the vocals from when he still sounded great than hear Rock The Rock style vocals throughout an album. He won't be able to do the songs properly live, but that hasn't stopped him over the last few years. :lol:

5 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Who is this drew himmelberger? Just a random like us or someone more ‘legit’?

There's nothing legit about anything said there. He just spouted off some half believable things and said he heard something 3rd hand... it's nonsense! 

The last word from Fernsndo was that "the album wasn't finished or not finished" didn't sound like imminent release plans for 2020. Slash said he's still working on 'ideas' and that was May of this year... IF the album was coming out in July they were hoping to have got a lot of work done in the space of February-May... I find it all very unlikely!!

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

There's nothing legit about anything said there. He just spouted off some half believable things and said he heard something 3rd hand... it's nonsense! 

The last word from Fernsndo was that "the album wasn't finished or not finished" didn't sound like imminent release plans for 2020. Slash said he's still working on 'ideas' and that was May of this year... IF the album was coming out in July they were hoping to have got a lot of work done in the space of February-May... I find it all very unlikely!!

Yeah - once I read the bit about the barbershop again I realised it was highly improbable. 😂 Still - hope it’s true!!!

6 hours ago, SAU3R said:

Well, now we know why NITL Selects was ceased. Why publish something for free when you can sell it?

8 hours ago, SAU3R said:

First of all, he wrote shot, which literally would only mean that a DVD/Bluray is coming, and not a live album, that you're all talking about now !

And what about the second part of the answer, if it refers to the same subject, then he has taken it right back again at the very same moment, as always !

20200808_002024.jpg.f72bf750a5c7b79f8e5ab128ed703707.jpg

Maybe he refers to something different with "hoping it can still happen...2021", but i doubt...

Edited by EricA

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

A live album and Greatest Hits vinyl. The same old  fucking songs again and again. :D

This is my biggest gripe. Same old same old.

I'm a huge fan of Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Led Zep etc. They have extensive catalogues, including deluxe edition re-releases. Yes some albums are worse than others, but it is a respectful catalogue that takes time to delve into. I wish we had the same from Guns.

3 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Well, now we know why NITL Selects was ceased. Why publish something for free when you can sell it?

They will gain advertising revenue from You Tube. To be honest in 2020 I would have thought that is more commercially viable than a Blu-Ray - who buys those  nowadays.