The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

4 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Well, Slash is Slash, and Axl is Axl. I could leave it at that. Also, I meant including Duff. It's not impossible, but can you imagine Axl with a mask? And how would he sing? Etc. If it's just jamming and trying out new stuff without the recording booths, I just don't see it happening like this, that's all. 

Well, Metallica has been rehearsing...so, they could if they wanted to.

James wasnt using mask while singing, the others used one though.

2 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Well, Metallica has been rehearsing...so, they could if they wanted to.

James wasnt using mask while singing, the others used one though.

Yeah, no comparison to Metallica will ever work for GNR, will it. 

55 minutes ago, vloors said:

Problem with a posthumous record is how many Axl full vocal unreleased songs are there anyway.

For years and years the bands have always had shitloads of instrumentals they have recorded but Axl rarely recorded and put on any vocals for them.

He probably has 4 albums worth of vocals. We all know how lazy he is, but I don't think he is that lazy to not ever record vocals to songs he wrote. Heck they could make a GN'R anthology if ever he passes. TB need to make money and I'm sure Slash and Duff would wanna join in chasing that pot of gold.

21 hours ago, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

Slash should drop Miles for this record and do another 2010 album with guest vocalists to freshen things up.. Would be a cool way to sneak Axl in on a song and there wouldn't be as much expectation on the track because it wouldnt be under the Guns name

Not going to happen. As long as Myles is still interested Slash will still make albums with him.

20 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

That's odd because Myles is recording his 2nd solo album right now

He's got demos, it's not fully recorded yet. Also Myles is probably not in LA with them right now, it would be just Slash Todd Brent and Frank working on arrangements and stuff then Myles will bring his lyrics and lay those down.

9 hours ago, janrichmond said:

She's actually fan friendly, and has replied to many of us here, plus she live streams the shows, not fully of course. She is also a better photographer than Kat. 

I agree with all of these. I enjoy her behind the scenes of Slash, like when he's playing pinball at home.

I've suspected for a little while that they've been working on stuff quietly because Todd had mentioned on Instagram that he was in LA working on music. He did some Toque recording also but I'm not surprised that they've been working on SMKC stuff. And it doesn't take them long to get material together; they've already got some stuff that they wrote while touring so they just have to add to that.

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

Not going to happen. As long as Myles is still interested Slash will still make albums with him.

He's got demos, it's not fully recorded yet. Also Myles is probably not in LA with them right now, it would be just Slash Todd Brent and Frank working on arrangements and stuff then Myles will bring his lyrics and lay those down.

I agree with all of these. I enjoy her behind the scenes of Slash, like when he's playing pinball at home.

I've suspected for a little while that they've been working on stuff quietly because Todd had mentioned on Instagram that he was in LA working on music. He did some Toque recording also but I'm not surprised that they've been working on SMKC stuff. And it doesn't take them long to get material together; they've already got some stuff that they wrote while touring so they just have to add to that.

I must admit, I don’t get the clamour for SMKC. Clearly lots of folk do (I know you do particularly) but I find it really uninspired stuff. When he gets it right (like Anastasia) then it’s damned good but feel that for the most part it’s quite forgettable stuff.

Sometimes you hear a part of a song which sounds really cool but then it switches to something generic - it’s my hope and that Duff/Axl could identify those cool bits and work around them.

As I say - just my opinion and it floats the boat of loads of others so fair enough.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DonkeyNuts said:

Why would he need to rehearse songs he's been singing for 30 years? He knows how they go. Going to soundcheck isn't going to make his voice sound any better.

🤣 of course he needs to rehearse his own songs! Just because you write something it does not mean you can just perform it anytime, anywhere! Every singer / musician needs to rehearse! And the ones that don't were either sloppy to begin with but age was on their side or start to slowly lose their ability.

If he went to soundcheck and warned up his vocals of course he will sound better later on. The more he sings on the regular the better. I don't mean he should do a 3hr soundcheck... but 30/40mins of singing at soundcheck where he can warm up.and make sure his in ear mix is how he likes it... that's all good, and will help make the show sound and run better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

🤣 of course he needs to rehearse his own songs! Just because you write something it does not mean you can just perform it anytime, anywhere! Every singer / musician needs to rehearse! And the ones that don't were either sloppy to begin with but age was on their side or start to slowly lose their ability.

If he went to soundcheck and warned up his vocals of course he will sound better later on. The more he sings on the regular the better. I don't mean he should do a 3hr soundcheck... but 30/40mins of singing at soundcheck where he can warm up.and make sure his in ear mix is how he likes it... that's all good, and will help make the show sound and run better.

This. And singing and playing is related to muscles. It's like saying you don't have to go to the gym anymore because you're strong enough now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

I'd probably be stoke to hear a new SMKC record after I've got a new GN'R album in and out of my system. 

We all would! I loved WOF, kinda on the fence about the last album and Apocalyptic love... but the priority HAS to be getting a GNR record done! the idea that Slash would have released TWO studio albums before releasing music with GNR... I mean, If I was Axl and that was staring me in the face I'd bust my ass to get a record out because that's embarrassing! 

And you know that the only thing GNR would do while Slash was out touring that potential record is organise more GNR dates, 100% no studio time... THIS FUCKING BAND🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

We all would! I loved WOF, kinda on the fence about the last album and Apocalyptic love... but the priority HAS to be getting a GNR record done! the idea that Slash would have released TWO studio albums before releasing music with GNR... I mean, If I was Axl and that was staring me in the face I'd bust my ass to get a record out because that's embarrassing! 

And you know that the only thing GNR would do while Slash was out touring that potential record is organise more GNR dates, 100% no studio time... THIS FUCKING BAND🤣🤣🤣🤣

this next Conspirators album will be Slash's ninth album. Izzy released 11? I don't think 1 more album is going to make Axl go "woah, I need to get my shit together, must pick up the pace".

I believe it's likely that Axl often comes up with new ideas, that's what musicians do. DJ has mentioned how Axl played him what he considered to be great shit on the piano in hotel rooms and that at the time it was new stuff. Duff said Axl got a lot of tunes and we know there's a finished "cd 2". I think the rest of the band realized that they can't really rush Axl to release anything.

Not anymore, so they do their own thing while also coming up with material intended for Gn'R, and I'm guessing when he's in a suitable headspace he listens to their ideas and tries to work on some of it one on one like Slash said he did when he went to Axl's house with the Appetite Les Paul or in a different occasion jammed with him recently.

so nothing new here. Maybe Axl is not consistently working on the next Guns record, or maybe he is, but we really have no way of knowing. He could be working with Caram and sifting through old and new ideas or he could be eating fried chicken while getting a bj.

I don't think Axl cares about how many albums SMKC or any other band releases, unfortunately. 

The massive success of Guns in the 80s and 90s is really a curse for all involved. A band like, say, Motörhead simply HAD to release new music after a couple of years to keep rolling. Axl has to do fuck all, and that's what he does.

36 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

A-fucking-men

Axl:... 

Duff:... 

Dizzy:... 

Richard:... 

Frank:... 

Melissa:... 

Absolutely nobody:... 

Slash: All things considered 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Rovim said:

this next Conspirators album will be Slash's ninth album. Izzy released 11? I don't think 1 more album is going to make Axl go "woah, I need to get my shit together, must pick up the pace".

I believe it's likely that Axl often comes up with new ideas, that's what musicians do. DJ has mentioned how Axl played him what he considered to be great shit on the piano in hotel rooms and that at the time it was new stuff. Duff said Axl got a lot of tunes and we know there's a finished "cd 2". I think the rest of the band realized that they can't really rush Axl to release anything.

Not anymore, so they do their own thing while also coming up with material intended for Gn'R, and I'm guessing when he's in a suitable headspace he listens to their ideas and tries to work on some of it one on one like Slash said he did when he went to Axl's house with the Appetite Les Paul or in a different occasion jammed with him recently.

so nothing new here. Maybe Axl is not consistently working on the next Guns record, or maybe he is, but we really have no way of knowing. He could be working with Caram and sifting through old and new ideas or he could be eating fried chicken while getting a bj.

He could be eating fried chicken, getting a bj resting the bucket on the lovely lasses head and working with Caram all at the same time. I mean the options are endless.

What I meant wasn't that Slash's discography is much bigger than Axls (I don't think Axl cares about this), I meant it solely as Slash has been back in the band and has released two studio albums outside of GNR while GNR have released absolutely nothing! That's something even Axl would be aware of... maybe it'll put him under a bit more pressure. Who knows!

On 8/9/2020 at 4:38 AM, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

Slash should drop Miles for this record and do another 2010 album with guest vocalists to freshen things up.. Would be a cool way to sneak Axl in on a song and there wouldn't be as much expectation on the track because it wouldnt be under the Guns name

agreed. Or  at least try someone else.. Have followed Slash through every step of his career since 1987 but don't give a crap about another album with Myles.. LTD dream was so fucking blahhhhhhhh

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

He could be eating fried chicken, getting a bj resting the bucket on the lovely lasses head and working with Caram all at the same time. I mean the options are endless.

What I meant wasn't that Slash's discography is much bigger than Axls (I don't think Axl cares about this), I meant it solely as Slash has been back in the band and has released two studio albums outside of GNR while GNR have released absolutely nothing! That's something even Axl would be aware of... maybe it'll put him under a bit more pressure. Who knows!

in that case, I suppose I just think that even if these things bother Axl, it's nothing compared to fuckin' up the Gn'R catalog with a dud, so if that's true, the accomplishments of band members outside of Guns have little to no effect on his approach to making a record. What if there's no deadline so the only pressure is to deliver a great album?

Just now, Rovim said:

in that case, I suppose I just think that even if these things bother Axl, it's nothing compared to fuckin' up the Gn'R catalog with a dud, so if that's true, the accomplishments of band members outside of Guns have little to no effect on his approach to making a record. What if there's no deadline so the only pressure is to deliver a great album?

What about the fried chicken?

9 hours ago, DonkeyNuts said:

Why would he need to rehearse songs he's been singing for 30 years? He knows how they go. Going to soundcheck isn't going to make his voice sound any better.

Have you seen his performances? Especially early shows in tge tour or when they attempt playing songs they haven't played in a long time? Axl needs to rehearse.. All bands do..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Many people consider Chinese a total dud remember......

It doesn't really matter how well it's perceived anymore (whatever it sounds like, some will hate it, some will love it), it's just a case of making some sort of statement that suggests they're about more than touring ancient material. And if that's what they ARE about, being a little more honest with that, rather than years and years of carrot-dangling regarding new stuff. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Many people consider Chinese a total dud remember......

It doesn't really matter how well it's perceived anymore (whatever it sounds like, some will hate it, some will love it), it's just a case of making some sort of statement that suggests they're about more than touring ancient material. And if that's what they ARE about, being a little more honest with that, rather than years and years of carrot-dangling regarding new stuff.

but does Axl considers Chinese to be a dud? or at least he tried to not repeat himself with that record so that could be one of his main goals with every new Gn'R release of original material.

I'm not saying his approach is the right way to make a record, but that's the way I believe he wants to make it and I think it comes from an honest place. I also think when Axl releases music, he's doing it for himself, not for anyone else.

9 minutes ago, Rovim said:

but does Axl considers Chinese to be a dud? or at least he tried to not repeat himself with that record so that could be one of his main goals with every new Gn'R release of original material.

I'm not saying his approach is the right way to make a record, but that's the way I believe he wants to make it and I think it comes from an honest place. I also think when Axl releases music, he's doing it for himself, not for anyone else.

I think you might be right.....but the ongoing focus on touring is fairly concerning. There's never really been a period where the focus has seemed to entirely on any new material. Which suggests to me that there really isn't any pressing urge to make anything new. The clock is ticking however, and for every 6 months-year they spend touring, that's time lost when it comes to moving forward. 

10 hours ago, Ant said:

I think there are a couple online GNR communities that are a lot more “cheerleading” oriented that they could easily engage in dialogue with, if they wanted. 

The information void sort of invites negative appraisals, given the history. 

But what happens at other boards gets spread around.  I want to say the negative narrative really got going around 2002 when those tours got cancelled and no reason given or what people thought was a lame excuse when it was later explained.  I can't say their appraisal of us has come back very cheerleading oriented either.  Maybe we're better if we don't talk to each other. :lol: