The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

4 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

IMO - there is no way they would add in details of a new song to the alt list before it’s actually announced.

Absurd and HS were both soundchecked and all the alt list before we knew they were even coming.

I think it's just time we all accept. yes there is a new album worth of material, both NUGNR and reunion GNR. and no it will never be released whilst Axl lives. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me 14 years in a row. I'm not falling for it anymore. Nostalgic cash grab, enjoy it for what it is. GnR are no longer artists, just a memory of what was and what could have been. 

11 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

I think it's just time we all accept. yes there is a new album worth of material, both NUGNR and reunion GNR. and no it will never be released whilst Axl lives. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me 14 years in a row. I'm not falling for it anymore. Nostalgic cash grab, enjoy it for what it is. GnR are no longer artists, just a memory of what was and what could have been. 

Well, they released two songs less than a year ago. The very fact that Axl saw fit to rework Silkworms and release it 20yrs after it was first played was a move nobody saw coming. The cold hard fact is, Axl will release music whenever he sees fit. Is more to come? Possibily. But you can bet it will arrive when you least expect it and very well might not be what you were hoping for.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

I don't get this. We got two new songs last year and we know the band has worked on many more songs (as per comments from Slash). We also know the plan is to release 1-2 more songs in connection with this year's touring, which in GN'R language means MAYBE we get more this year but not unlikely next year. I have also on numerous occasions tried hinting that it will take some time.

Yet, at the very earliest time we could get new music (June, base doff a comment from Slash on new music around this time) and we don't get it, it somehow means we won't get anything. It is ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Absurd and HS were both soundchecked and all the alt list before we knew they were even coming.

I recall HS getting soundchecked right enough….I don’t remember Absurd getting soundchecked or added to the list before it was played. Not that it matters I guess - we are in the holding pattern where we are pretty sure something is coming….just not sure WHAT and WHEN! It’s be cool if they just randomly played something though.

19 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I don’t remember Absurd getting soundchecked or added to the list

I also don’t remember it being soundchecked, that’s why the forum went mental when they played it for the first time

I do believe it was on the alt-list though and nobody knew what it was, but not sure 

Edited by SAU3R
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Maybe they want to keep the next one a surprise and therefore haven't put it on the alt list yet

It's possible on the one hand. But that didn't prevent me from imagining the meme with the guy putting the clown makeup on, you know what I mean... 

• GNFNR 1

In my dreams I have access to a 50+ track "nu" GNR album. I listened to it dozens of times and it always remains the same. Tracklist and all. There's a section where it is wwe related music. For example, a song called "Chris Jericho".

• Haha 2