The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

9 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

At this point I think we'd all appreciate Axl or Fernando logging on here and putting us out of our misery and saying look, there's nothing coming. 

You mean Axl.

Fernando could say whatever he likes, I don't believe him shit.

Anyway, nah, something's coming, I feel it. Don't know what, don't know when, but it's coming. 

Probably sooner than later. They all want to do it. Etc. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jamillos said:

You mean Axl.

Fernando could say whatever he likes, I don't believe him shit.

Anyway, nah, something's coming, I feel it. Don't know what, don't know when, but it's coming. 

Probably sooner than later. They all want to do it. Etc. 

I can feel it, I can feel it.

No no no, I can't feel it no more. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Billy Cundy said:

remember that scene in the Simpsons where the kids go to Kamp Krusty, and Lisa describes that the situation is so dire, but Bart is still rocking back and forth muttering ‘Krusty is coming’….

yeah.

that.

That Kamp Krusty song was more interesting than anything GNR had done in decades…

• Like 1

On 12/13/2022 at 6:35 PM, GnR Chris said:

Not this tired argument again. They didn’t include all the A-listed songs on CD, and you should know that. It’s a silly argument to say, “They weren’t good enough.” I guess “November Rain” and “You Could Be Mine” weren’t good enough for Appetite

You have a great point in there, CD is not comprised of the best songs that they had, but the proper songs that, combined together, would create a "great" body of work. Do you know what I mean?

Like, there's a vibe, an style, a conductive line that glues together the entire album, the songs match with each other.

This is the same choice for not including "Shadow of Your Love" on the LLS EP, or "You Could Be Mine" and "Back of Bitch" on the AFD album, or "Crash Diet" and "Ain't Fun", "New Rose" on the UYI records, or "Mongolid" and "Beer and Cigarretes" on the TSI record.

"Hardschool", "Perhaps", "Goin' Down", "State of Grace", "Oh My Good", "Atlas", "Absurd" are great, but they don't fit with the other songs in the album as perfect as the others did with each other.

But that's only my opinion.

Edited by Legendador
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Legendador said:

You have a great point in there, CD is not comprised of the best songs that they had, but the proper songs that combined together would create a "great" body of work. Do you know what I mean?

Like, there's a vibe, an style, a conductive line that glues together the entire album, the songs match with each other.

Theis is the same choice for not including "Shadow of Your Love" on the LLS EP, or "You Could Be Mine" and "Back of Bitch" on the AFD album, or "Crash Diet" and "Ain't Fun", "New Rose" on the UYI records, or "Mongolid" and "Beer and Cigarretes" on the TSI record.

"Hardschool", "Perhaps", "Goin' Down", "State of Grace", "Oh My Good", "Atlas", "Absurd" are great, but they don't fight with the other songs in the album as perfect as the others did with each other.

But that's only my opinion.

You were on point until you used the words "absurd" and "great" in the same sentence.  That is a piece of garbage, and we are in trouble if that i where the music is going

On 12/27/2022 at 11:58 AM, fabrph5 said:

You were on point until you used the words "absurd" and "great" in the same sentence.  That is a piece of garbage, and we are in trouble if that i where the music is going

I have an open mind aboud absurd! I didn't like Silkworms at all, until I heard it with the fast drums version, I though it was more rock than the "original" industrial version.

"Absurd", to me was cooler, because of the way Slash plays the main riff and Duff's bass, but the scream, the lack of "what can I do..." and Frank's drum style made it feel odd and off.

Then you got "pussy full of maggots", which I think is a horrible thing to picture and since English is not my firts language I always pretend he is saying "pussy for a maggot", at least is a better and angrier picture.

I don't know, I got used to the song, It was a valid effort, but I think they should have never released it as the first single (maybe as a B-Side or buried among other tracks in an album), because it was so different to general fans, specially for the way he sings, not in his trademark register.

Edited by Legendador
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Legendador said:

"Absurd", to me was cooler, because of the way Slash plays the main riff and Duff's bass, but the scream, the lack of "what can I do..." and Frank's drum style made it feel odd and off.

I think it's Brain that is behind the drum kit on Absurd, not Frank.

• Like 1

Brain was credited as an additional musician on Absurd, I believe it's him on drums.

I actually don't mind Slash's playing on Absurd, I wish they would have kept at least one Bucket solo, and had Bucket's other stuff higher in the mix.  I also wish they had Axl's vocals close to the live performance he did initially in 2001 with the actual chorus, and the guitars lower in the mix overall, and Brain's drums higher in the mix. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/25/2022 at 11:13 PM, jimisbatman said:

And a sense of closure that the band they once loved, is no longer interested in new music and the biggest nostalgic act. Which is cool for them, but I still hold this fantasy that we'll get an uncompressed cd 2 w/ Slash and Duff. 

I know he's not a current member. But really good recent ish solo album was Gilby's The Gospel Truth. 

• Like 1