The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

16 minutes ago, Rovim said:

you and others as in people that share some of your views of the band. I won't get into specifics about the rest of your post as it's not about sides. All I'm saying is that everytime you presented your argument, opinion, whatever, you got a detailed explanation for why others disagree with you. Didn't see anyone put words in your mouth either.

I did not need any detailed explanation as to why some others disagree with me, though. I understand that. I’m not the one who responds to other’s (different) opinions in this case – it’s the other way round, I get reactions stating I should/shouldn’t do something etc. 
As for putting words in someone’s mouth, maybe you just skim through my previous conversation with SM here, it’s all there, and I repeated it several times. Othewise, there’s no point in reacting to just a single post, and I don’t wanna repeat it all here. Cheers. 

1 minute ago, jamillos said:

I did not need any detailed explanation as to why some others disagree with me, though. I understand that. I’m not the one who responds to other’s (different) opinions in this case – it’s the other way round, I get reactions stating I should/shouldn’t do something etc. 
As for putting words in someone’s mouth, maybe you just skim through my previous conversation with SM here, it’s all there, and I repeated it several times. Othewise, there’s no point in reacting to just a single post, and I don’t wanna repeat it all here. Cheers. 

I'm still wondering who was the guy who pretended to not understand but whatever man, have a good one.

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I don't think you understood my post.

I have never said "real fans" want to see the band tour forever. I don't want them to your forever. But the fact that they do tour so successfully is credit to the management

And again, your "unmotivated" is intrinsically linked to not wanting to record and release new music, but my argument was that Axl shows motivation for other aspects of being in a band, like touring.

First off, I never said G'R management was good, don't twist it that way. What I said was that the successful touring speaks to the management's credit and suggests the band isn't "mismanaged". The caveat is if Fernando Lebeis does what he is asked to do, then yes, he is a good manager for the band. Not for us. But he isn't on our payroll.

Nah I don't think so. They’re able to tour that successfully because of the reunion and because of their legacy. The management is semi professional and thats being nice. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Nah I don't think so. They’re able to tour that successfully because of the reunion and because of their legacy. The management is semi professional and thats being nice. 

The tour has been running extremely smooth, especially considering we are talking about GN'R :lol: And yes, a lot of this is due to Axl behaving professionally, but it does happen on TB's "watch". I understand it is very difficult for some people here to give credit where credit is due, and especially so if we are talking about TB, but you can't take it away from them that the touring since 2016 has been going extremely well and that they have been managing the band throughout this period. Either we have to say that their influence is minimal and it is all due to Axl and the rest of the band or the work of promoters etc, but then you can't also blame TB for the things that go wrong. We can't have double standards. Either they should be given credit for their managerial function and things that go right, and criticism where that is due, or we keep them entirely out of the picture and blame all that is good or bad on Axl and the rest of the band or other people around. 

And just a clarification to readers who struggle with thinking: I am not saying Team Brazil are great managers. I am saying that the successful touring speaks to their credit and suggest that labelling the band as "mismanaged" comes across as strange. The band is not mismanaged if the band's manager successfully allows them to reach their objectives. And quite clearly, the band's objectives now are to tour across the world to a large amount of people and earn lots of money while doing it without speaking much to the press at all. I would have to say it seems like TB is nailing it. 

• Like 1

Of course I can say TB isn't the reason for successful touring. And of course I can blame them for other things like toy trucks or low quality selects. 

Good management is different. Although TB has not a lot to say I think and therefore they're not to blame for alot of things that went wrong with this band prior and post the reunion. 

5 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Of course I can say TB isn't the reason for successful touring. And of course I can blame them for other things like toy trucks or low quality selects. 

Good management is different. Although TB has not a lot to say I think and therefore they're not to blame for alot of things that went wrong with this band prior and post the reunion. 

Yes, of course you can blame them for a lot of the things that go wrong and not give them praise when things go well. That's your right. You do you. I try to be more fair, though, and accept that if they are actually empowered to do things badly then I must also assign them some credit for things that go right, especially things that typically fall under a manager's obligations like overseeing all the moving parts of such a huge thing as a global GN'R tour, something that has never happened as smoothly as the touring post 2016. I would feel awful if I took the position that all that goes well is despite them and all that go bad is because of them.

And it is awfully grand of you to admit they can't be blamed for a lot of the things that went wrong prior to the reunion - I assume you are thinking about Steven breaking his hand and Izzy leaving and so on? And maybe Beta didn't even shoot JFK, although we can't be entirely sure. Just kidding, I know you meant from when they took over as managers prior to the reunion.

Personally, my problem is with their communication. Even if the band (read Axl) doesn't want them to communicate, when they do they should be utmost professional and polite in all and every communication, even with insignificant fans like us. And when they do slip up and reveal unprofessional communications with us, that suggests to me that they could also be unprofessional with promoters, associates, journalists, the press, legal, etc etc, all the people and the organizations they have to deal with frequently. I suppose it isn't the case, and that they are truly professional in communications with important entities, but it is somewhat a red flag to me when Fernando spends his time on platform like Reddit, basically shooting the shit and antagonizing fans. 

I had a dream GN'R released an EP with 6-8 songs on it. It included The General, Soul Monster, etc. but was missing many of the other songs we have heard or heard about that have yet to be officially released. I specifically remember Zodiac 13 not being on it and wondering what form the remaining songs will take, or if they will be assembled into an actual album.

4 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I had a dream GN'R released an EP with 6-8 songs on it. It included The General, Soul Monster, etc. but was missing many of the other songs we have heard or heard about that have yet to be officially released. I specifically remember Zodiac 13 not being on it and wondering what form the remaining songs will take, or if they will be assembled into an actual album.

Dream? More like a delusion. I wonder how much longer before OMG and Atlas get released, cause we probably aren’t getting much more than that any time in the future. 

6 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

Dream? More like a delusion. I wonder how much longer before OMG and Atlas get released, cause we probably aren’t getting much more than that any time in the future. 

I could easily see re-worked OMG and Atlas being the next singles.

In 2023.

Then in 2024 we may get actual "new" songs.

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Yes, of course you can blame them for a lot of the things that go wrong and not give them praise when things go well. That's your right. You do you. I try to be more fair, though, and accept that if they are actually empowered to do things badly then I must also assign them some credit for things that go right, especially things that typically fall under a manager's obligations like overseeing all the moving parts of such a huge thing as a global GN'R tour, something that has never happened as smoothly as the touring post 2016. I would feel awful if I took the position that all that goes well is despite them and all that go bad is because of them.

And it is awfully grand of you to admit they can't be blamed for a lot of the things that went wrong prior to the reunion - I assume you are thinking about Steven breaking his hand and Izzy leaving and so on? And maybe Beta didn't even shoot JFK, although we can't be entirely sure. Just kidding, I know you meant from when they took over as managers prior to the reunion.

Personally, my problem is with their communication. Even if the band (read Axl) doesn't want them to communicate, when they do they should be utmost professional and polite in all and every communication, even with insignificant fans like us. And when they do slip up and reveal unprofessional communications with us, that suggests to me that they could also be unprofessional with promoters, associates, journalists, the press, legal, etc etc, all the people and the organizations they have to deal with frequently. I suppose it isn't the case, and that they are truly professional in communications with important entities, but it is somewhat a red flag to me when Fernando spends his time on platform like Reddit, basically shooting the shit and antagonizing fans. 

Lol just read the first three sentences. 

Why should I praise them for something that they're not responsible for. That's ridiculous :lol:

It's like praising TB for the great music GNR wrote in their prime. I've no problem to give credit where credits due. If they'll do something cool then I have no problem in saying so. 

15 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I know the vocals for the next songs are recorded. The question wasn't about that, it was asking if he could rasp on a new song and the answer is yes, proven also by Gold coast when he out of nowhere slipped into rasp mode for Civil war.

Of course he can rasp on any given song. Didn't you hear what he did at the AC/DC concerts?

He just chooses not to rasp so he can perform every night for 3 hours and 7 years.

You should know that by now.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mystery said:

I've heard it said that the amount of clean vocals on Chinese Democracy was a conscious decision on Axl's part to fit some of the songs and likely because his voice in general went through sime changes after 1993. There's songs with minimal or no rasp on Chinese but then there's some with a good amount like the title track, Better, Shackler's Revenge, and the intro to Street of Dreams. It was clear he still easily had the rasp but he used it more selectively.

It is conscious and to fit what we would / is doing and will do live on tours. With a full on rasp he'd never be able to perform through a 3 hour-set every night as he does for the past 7 years.

Is he able to rasp like 1992/1993 full on during an entire concert? Sure, look what he did during 10 dates with ACDC, but those were sparsed and only one hour and 1/2 long.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Lol just read the first three sentences. 

Why should I praise them for something that they're not responsible for. That's ridiculous :lol:

It's like praising TB for the great music GNR wrote in their prime. I've no problem to give credit where credits due. If they'll do something cool then I have no problem in saying so. 

I don't think you understood what I wrote. 

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I could easily see re-worked OMG and Atlas being the next singles.

In 2023.

Then in 2024 we may get actual "new" songs.

OMG being reworked would be more of a anomally than Silkworms being released as Absurd.

But I agree that they might release it next, with no intro and Duff's punk bass kicking it off.

Edited by Legendador

Just now, gavgnr said:

It’s always a year away 😂😂

Always! But, if they are playing London in 2023, maybe there'll be another European run!

With that being the case, there won't be a new record in the making, forget about new songs.

2 hours ago, Legendador said:

OMG being reworked would be more of a anomally than Silkworms being released as Absurd.

But I agree that they might release it next, with no intro and Duff's punk bass kicking it off.

I liked the leaked version of Oh My God with Bucket's wacky guitar during the chorus. I hope they keep that high in the mix as it was in that demo on the next official release, presumably with Slash and Duff on it.

We know there was interest since that song leaked with Bumble's parts, and I believe it also appeared as an alt with the NITL on a setlist. 

Axl said a remix exists that wasn't taken too seriously, but it's possible that remix is not the reworked OMG that leaked since it didn't match Axl's description of it having a wilder guitar intro and lots of new vocals. 

19 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

If I’m Slash I feel this way for two seconds and get my $10 million dollar check and then don’t give a shit.

I agree with this point until there’s a moment where things boil over. It only takes one wrong look, one snide remark to cause Axl to go completely off the rails. It doesn’t take much for this thing to end. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

I liked the leaked version of Oh My God with Bucket's wacky guitar during the chorus. I hope they keep that high in the mix as it was in that demo on the next official release, presumably with Slash and Duff on it.

We know there was interest since that song leaked with Bumble's parts, and I believe it also appeared as an alt with the NITL on a setlist. 

Axl said a remix exists that wasn't taken too seriously, but it's possible that remix is not the reworked OMG that leaked since it didn't match Axl's description of it having a wilder guitar intro and lots of new vocals. 

Don't get me wrong, I like OMG verry fucking much, I'm just worried that they'll butcher the song as they did with HS and SW.

They were better off the way they were.

5 hours ago, Legendador said:

Of course he can rasp on any given song. Didn't you hear what he did at the AC/DC concerts?

He just chooses not to rasp so he can perform every night for 3 hours and 7 years.

You should know that by now.

You are misunderstanding me. The question was Axl of 2022. 

And as for Axl/DC, Axl was in much, much, much different vocal condition at that time. He wouldn't manage the same today in his current condition. In the studio he could probably do vocal takes that sound great and maybe sound as rich as those AC/DC songs.