The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

5 hours ago, thelostrose said:

A competition is a good idea. Let's collect some ideas and start a poll afterwards.

Okay.

How about everyone 'likes' the posts in here with title suggestions then just before xmas I'll turn the most liked 3 or 4 into a poll.

5 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

It gives us something tangible to look forward to, unlike the lack of a release date for new music lol.

Is this a thread title nomination? :P :lol:

• Like 1

On 12/10/2022 at 3:40 PM, allwaystired said:

Reckon there's 500 of us? Got to be fewer than that these days! 

Maybe... But we Brazilians come in flocks, so possibly 499 LOL

On 12/10/2022 at 11:09 PM, Tom2112 said:

My god, you're a real crackpot🤣 

No 1 I don't consider my opinion greater than anyone else's (well maybe this one person). No 2, in the years I've been here the amount of people that have been personally offended by something I said to them is a very short list. Why? Because we're talking about gnr and there's no facking reason to be getting upset because someone disagrees, even IF they sound arrogant, stupid or immature. And the majority of my comments are not attacking people, you however seem to be in a new argument every 2nd day... So maybe a little reflection time is needed bud😉

Relax old boy!✌️

I don't like you! LOL

But you're right, I get in arguments every 2nd day with people in this forum that think they own the place. And there are a few of them here, but at the end of the day THEY are nice people, or al least there's someting constructive about their comments.

You're damn right! But here is our options: we stay away from each other, we skip each others comments from now one or we keep going at it for the last word. I prefer the first one.

And since I'm shit stirrer, Hi @Gordon Comstock, how have you been? Miss you buddy! You always had the greatest pools in here.

But, hey, now seriously, @Tom2112, I'm sorry if I come off as agressive, we fucking Brazilians are born heated, the shows they did here in 2022 were bad to the worse that they have made ever! 2014 was better than that, if you know what I means.

Anyway, I a little tired of this band, there's nothing against you or anyone else on this forum, just passive-agressive and heated jokes, that a lot of times are not that understood, maybe because of different cultures.

It's all good.

Edited by Legendador
  • Confused 1

On 12/11/2022 at 8:15 AM, thelostrose said:

A competition is a good idea. Let's collect some ideas and start a poll afterwards.

We should make a bet within this forum, worthing money, about when the band will release THE new album, at least somebody is going to be happy aorund here.

I bet U$ 500 on 2025.

Edited by Legendador

I mean, they can’t continue touring in 2023 without ANY new music can they?

Christ, every band is releasing new music, some have released multiple albums just since the pandemic.

This is as unbelievable as it is believable. Those singles Slosh talked about really need to see the light of day soon….

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

Christ, every band is releasing new music, some have released multiple albums just since the pandemic.

This is as unbelievable as it is believable. Those singles Slosh talked about really need to see the light of day soon….

I thought that same thing back in 2013, then in 2014, then in 2018 (2016 and 2017 made sense because of the reunion), then in 2019, then in 2021, then in 2022...

It's been a decade of thinking this :rolleyes:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

I'd rather have a few more CD2 songs leak. (Which is possible) Imagine hearing a quality mix of Soul Monster with Buckethead on guitar and Axl vocals. Or a full studio version of The General, the mix we heard bits of from the 2010 after-party leak. I'd be surprised if the current versions of these songs with Slash are recorded and mixed better than those. 

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

30 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I'd rather have a few more CD2 songs leak. (Which is possible) Imagine hearing a quality mix of Soul Monster with Buckethead on guitar and Axl vocals. Or a full studio version of The General, the mix we heard bits of from the 2010 after-party leak. I'd be surprised if the current versions of these songs with Slash are recorded and mixed better than those. 

Any leaked songs (old or new), but unheard and with vocals will be an event. Those instrumental, not taking Oklahoma and Quick Song were SHITE!

37 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

Yes, they can! This is something we did talk about in 2019, and they did it. Don't forget it that this is a 7 year old tour, which was longer than the CHIDEM Tour that started on 2002.

Edited by Legendador

1 hour ago, smokingarthur said:

The year is 2029, Guns N' Roses have been on the Not in This Lifetime Tour for 13 years and Slash in an interview with Eddie Trunk says that the band has been working on new music and his relationship with Axl is great. He also announces that there's a new tour and album with Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators. 

• Haha 2
  • ABSUЯD 2

1 minute ago, El Guapo said:

Are you guys really still excited for these ancient leftover tracks, even after Absurd and Hardskool? :/

yes

let GnR open the Chinese Democracy tombs, and we can breathe in the sweet smell of rebandaged mummified tracks

i don't know if they will be good, but at least it's something fun for a short while, maybe for a long while, if the tracks  turn out to be interesting

(no my standards aren't that high)

2 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Don’t worry guys, Slash said after next year they’re talking about working on new music! The future is brighter than ever!

more like, "we really want to get some new music out in 2024, we just need to figure out what that looks like and how to do it.  We do have some killer ideas though"

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Are you guys really still excited for these ancient leftover tracks, even after Absurd and Hardskool? :/

Probably more so because Axl's voice has declined greatly since he first recorded whatever he has left from the Chinese Democracy era. I'd rather listen to songs recorded in 1999-2000 or even 2005-2007 than whatever Axl can muster in the studio in 2022. 

2 hours ago, Legendador said:

Any leaked songs (old or new), but unheard and with vocals will be an event. Those instrumental, not taking Oklahoma and Quick Song were SHITE!

Me & My Elvis, Zodiac 13, and at least 5 others were top tier instrumentals IMO. 

• Haha 1

It baffles me that the General was talked about as this big epic but has yet to be released or performed. We got Atlas Shrugged albeit an early version as a more polished version nearly made Chinese Democracy. The General is the last unreleased song I really care about though, like Sebastian Bach heard it in 2007 but it's been kept under wraps for reasons.

• Like 1