The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

30 minutes ago, The Matinator said:

I’ve said it before & I’ll say it again. OMG should not be released as a single by the new band. They already got torn up for HS & Absurd being old songs, they’ll never hear the end of it if they just re-release OMG.

Right!  I have a re;eased version from the 90s on the soundtrack.  The song is a smidge better than absurb, with stinks

5 hours ago, The Matinator said:

I’ve said it before & I’ll say it again. OMG should not be released as a single by the new band. They already got torn up for HS & Absurd being old songs, they’ll never hear the end of it if they just re-release OMG.

There is no sense in releasing it again. At best it should be included as a bonus track because it was already released 23 years ago. However, I would not bet against them releasing it🤣 Axl thinks people will see OMG as a new song because he put heavier guitars or extra vocals on it and that people just accept that the OMG on End of days was "just a demo" and not a finished song. Personally I think this is bullshit. The idea that Axl Rose would let anything unfinished out is hilarious but to add that it was used in a Hollywood movie, nah Axl you're talking out your ass. He may consider it more of a demo now, but when he signed off it being released he believed it was good enough.

OMG, Perhaps and Atlas is my best guess. State of grace is my preference but I just don't know whether it ever got finished... we at least know these 3 were finished enough in terms of final vocals.

OMG... if it's released will be the end of GNRs creative credibility in the eyes of the public, I don't even think that them following the release up with a brand new album could remedy it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

What do people think Slash considers as 'epic' for their upcoming songs? What CD leftovers do we think are 'epic' judging by leaks and third party descriptions?

The General, Soul Monster, etc?

If Slash considers OMG as an 'epic' upcoming song, I would be very dissapointed

• Like 1

I'd say it's sort of a sacrifice on his part. 

Remember the "Axl sounds great, but the rest of the record, well, it is what it is" back then? How different could the unreleased rest be. 

Hopefully they'll tweak the shit out of it. Just make some new music as well, guys.

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

I'd say it's sort of a sacrifice on his part. 

Remember the "Axl sounds great, but the rest of the record, well, it is what it is" back then? How different could the unreleased rest be. 

Hopefully they'll tweak the shit out of it. Just make some new music as well, guys.

I agree with this. It is pretty neat however how Duff and Slash made Chinese itself sound totally different and in my opinion, much better than how it’s recorded on the album. Duff’s bass alone gives the song a more chug chug groove which I like better. But ironically, they couldn’t “fix” Hardschool which really sounds like a lazy attempt.  I guess time will tell when these new tracks come out. 

10 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

I agree with this. It is pretty neat however how Duff and Slash made Chinese itself sound totally different and in my opinion, much better than how it’s recorded on the album. Duff’s bass alone gives the song a more chug chug groove which I like better. But ironically, they couldn’t “fix” Hardschool which really sounds like a lazy attempt.  I guess time will tell when these new tracks come out. 

I like HS as a whole but still don't understand how the sound could be so weak, meaning the cymbals and hi-hat. It sounds like a demo. Or like OMG. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I like HS as a whole but still don't understand how the sound could be so weak, meaning the cymbals and hi-hat. It sounds like a demo. Or like OMG. 

Agree. Seems like they mixed it in the studio terribly. 

Maybe everyone is going deaf after all these years of playing shows and they don’t know how bad it actually sounds. And I’m not making a joke here. 

Why are we talking OMG as the next single now, are there any hints? 

I would believe that it would be too lazy and embarrassing even for GnR to put out an already officialy released song as the next single when Metallica, Chili Peppers and every other big band does proper albums again and again.

10 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I would believe that it would be too lazy and embarrassing even for GnR to put out an already officialy released song as the next single when Metallica, Chili Peppers and every other big band does proper albums again and again.

I know this is a forum dedicated to GNR, and sometimes we talk about other bands, does anyone here like NOFX? the guys released two albums this year, similar to what Red Hot Chili Peppers in terms of release, of course with lesser exposure, and they do it for the fans, which I mean these guys are old and still feel inspired to release new ones stuff, but why the hell doesn't Axl pitch? Egocentrism? fear? Not anymore, he had the nerve to launch the UYI on the same day. I really don't understand this guy.

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Nah, just usual fan fantasies. 

18 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

You are misunderstanding me. The question was Axl of 2022. 

And as for Axl/DC, Axl was in much, much, much different vocal condition at that time. He wouldn't manage the same today in his current condition. In the studio he could probably do vocal takes that sound great and maybe sound as rich as those AC/DC songs.

I bet it is a conscious decision and he can rasp it! But the next record will be like Chinese Democracy, with minimum rasp so he can emulate it live on tour.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Legendador said:

I bet it is a conscious decision and he can rasp it! But the next record will be like Chinese Democracy, with minimum rasp so he can emulate it live on tour.

He can't even sing hardskool which is mainly clean with mild rasp in the chorus. He is also clearly trying to rasp on jungle etc but can't. There is a reason he has dropped the ,"you're in the jungle baby, you're gonna die". His voice can't handle it

12 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Re-releasing Oh My God would be the worst-case scenario for me. It has to be completely rearranged with all-new instrumentation to not be a total disappointment and somehow a surprise.

It would also need new parts and a completely new vocal take

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jamillos said:

My biggest gripe with the new HS is the echoey sound on Axl's voice. It's just much better on the demo. But at the end of the day it's on Axl since it's his man (Caram) doing the mix.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

If OMG gets a re-release they should keep Buckethead on it from the best mix from that era and call it "Oh My Buckethead" :D 

Are you a Buckethead fan? I don't recall you mentioning it before😜

• Haha 2