The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

was there always a lack of demand for new material from casuals, or did the casuals want new material at some point, but gave up ages ago and shelved GnR as a nostalgia act in their mindspace? When do you think most of them gave up?

Edited by BucketEgg

8 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Reckon there's 500 of us? Got to be fewer than that these days! 

maybe there's more big-fans out there, on the non-english platforms, if large non-english GnR fansites exist...

Edited by BucketEgg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, alfierose said:

This thread is approaching 1000 pages now. I'm thinking in the new year we close it and start a new one (as we've done in the past with the social media thread when they became very large).

Any major objections to this?

Perhaps over the xmas period we could have a new thread title competition (winner gets to start new thread?)

If most people like the idea I will start a separate thread in a week or so for title entries and you can all unleash your wit/bad puns etc. :lol:

Personally I think it's quite funny how big it is, but no major objections to anything that goes on the forum really. 

If it's easier from a management point of view though, start a new thread. Call it something like "the all things considered new album thread" or "there's a couple of epic ones coming out" and everyone will be happy! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Legendador said:

You're just stupid as the guy that liked your reply.

There's a way to disagree, but you sound and act stupid, imature and arrogant with everyone in this forum. I can take it. People can take it.

But you don't come off as cool, you're just embarrasing yourself, kiddo.

The guitars sound thicker, meaner, I think the demo version is way better, give it a try!

My god, you're a real crackpot🤣 

No 1 I don't consider my opinion greater than anyone else's (well maybe this one person). No 2, in the years I've been here the amount of people that have been personally offended by something I said to them is a very short list. Why? Because we're talking about gnr and there's no facking reason to be getting upset because someone disagrees, even IF they sound arrogant, stupid or immature. And the majority of my comments are not attacking people, you however seem to be in a new argument every 2nd day... So maybe a little reflection time is needed bud😉

Relax old boy!✌️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alfierose said:

This thread is approaching 1000 pages now. I'm thinking in the new year we close it and start a new one (as we've done in the past with the social media thread when they became very large).

Perhaps over the xmas period we could have a new thread title competition (winner gets to start new thread?)

If most people like the idea I will start a separate thread in a week or so for title entries and you can all unleash your wit/bad puns etc. :lol:

This thread ends the day GNR release an album, in any capacity. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alfierose said:

I kinda like the idea of letting this go on and on!😄 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jw224 said:

What's the point in closing this one and then creating the exact same thread again?

Because very long threads can affect site performance and in general are harder to search, moderate etc. Lots of forums have a cap on thread size. We don't have an official limit as such but we have archived other large threads at 1000+ pages.

I thought a title comp might be a fun thing to do over the xmas break but if there's not much <ahem> appetite for that then I can just wait until it hits around a 1000 and call it Vol.2.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Because very long threads can affect site performance and in general are harder to search, moderate etc. Lots of forums have a cap on thread size. We don't have an official limit as such but we have archived other large threads at 1000+ pages.

I thought a title comp might be a fun thing to do over the xmas break but if there's not much <ahem> appetite for that then I can just wait until it hits around a 1000 and call it Vol.2.

A competition is a good idea. Let's collect some ideas and start a poll afterwards.

Edited by thelostrose
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1