The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

21 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

I know what the rest of us know in regards to how much completed music we have ready for release, Slash told us. Axl certainly isn’t going to release an album with Slash and Duff on half the tracks coupled with older recordings without them entirely. Especially given the fact that he even said they haven’t even started recording new material. 

not talking about brand new material. Slash has said in an older interview he has worked on "a lot" of Chinese era material. In a more recent interview he said he didn't exactly remember how many tunes he worked on and said that they'll release a few more tracks, but when you have finished tracks with vocals, it's not very difficult to rerecord the guitars and bass and release it.

2 minutes ago, Rovim said:

not talking about brand new material. Slash has said in an older interview he has worked on "a lot" of Chinese era material. In a more recent interview he said he didn't exactly remember how many tunes he worked on and said that they'll release a few more tracks, but when you have finished tracks with vocals, it's not very difficult to rerecord the guitars and bass and release it.

"it's not very difficult to rerecord the guitars and bass and release it."

Agreed on the first point- but it is seemingly very, very fucking hard to release it. 

6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

"it's not very difficult to rerecord the guitars and bass and release it."

Agreed on the first point- but it is seemingly very, very fucking hard to release it. 

I think you're being too literal. You know what I mean: most of the work is already completed should Axl choose to release it.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, gunnerfucker said:

🤷🏻‍♂️

He did have some moments (2006, 2010), but his voice was never the same from 99 onwards.

Ever heard Thunderstruck or Back in Black 2016? Do your homework. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Axl/DC was 2016.

I'm just so, so happy that I went to see Axl/DC when they came to my town. Never really cared for AC/DC expect the well known hits, but seeing Axl for  only the second time ever back then, front row, strutting around the stage and totally ripping out these songs was an evening I'll never forget. I almost lost my hearing, too, so class evening all in all. :D 

Edited by Spoon87

2 minutes ago, Spoon87 said:

I'm just so, so happy that I went to see Axl/DC when the came to my town. Never really cared for AC/DC expect the well known hits, but seeing Axl for  only the second time ever back then, front row, strutting around the stage and totally ripping out these songs was an evening I'll never forget. I almost lost my hearing, too, so class evening all in all. :D 

Same. Saw them twice. Surreal experience 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gunnerfucker said:

🤷🏻‍♂️😂Then again, some moments. You can’t say it was consistent. Go listen to him singing in the GnR tour that same year (2016). 

For the most part he WAS consistent in 2016? Some of the shows in Summer 2016 were absolutely top notch.  The ‘lesser shows’ were still really good.

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, gunnerfucker said:

🤷🏻‍♂️😂Then again, some moments. You can’t say it was consistent. Go listen to him singing in the GnR tour that same year (2016). 

I know, but... you need to read hear up on things, man! You h´´´´Good luck! 

hey, my booze

3 hours ago, Rovim said:

I think you're being too literal. You know what I mean: most of the work is already completed should Axl choose to release it.

Yep, I agree. Which makes the absolute inability/refusal/whatever-the-hell-the-reason-is to release even one track even more inexplicable to me. 

I couldn't even hazard a guess anymore as to why Axl doesn't want to release any music. Beyond my scope of understanding these days, and I've heard every suggestion in the book! 

• Confused 1

What were the suggestions in Axl's book?

"We've been working on a book since we started as Guns N' Roses, with Del James. We've been doing interviews for this book for a very, very long time, to try to get an accurate picture with all our own personal mistakes and our own personal nightmares. And actually it's very exposing. But, we wanna show, like, an accurate picture of who we are and where we've been. It's not necessarily favorable for us in some places. It's a lot of times: "I said that? What an idiot! I can't believe I said that." But we're gonna put it all out."

- Axl, January 3, 1994

It's been 29 years, he has put it out by now, hasn't he?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gunner55 said:

Shoot To Thrill Madison Square Garden. I've shown that video to so many doubters and all were beyond impressed. 

That MSG show was insane! My friends and I got lucky, late ticket releases that weren’t meant to be out - it was *technically the first row that had a “few” angles with no sight lines but we basically had the best seats in the house. I have attended at least 7 or 8 of the NITL shows, but he sounded best with Angus.

• Like 2