The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

On 1/22/2023 at 12:43 PM, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

Reflecting on a new album, I was talking to my family about how writing new material seemed to be somewhat of a hurdle after Appetite For Destruction/Lies.  A good chunk of the UYI songs were pre AFD material finalized.  Some were entirely new, I acknowledge that.  I feel like too much success CAN (but doesn't always) make it hard for bands to create new material.  After the success and exhaustion of the historic UYI tour (on top of tensions and issues reaching a point that would lead to the band breaking up), I get the impression GN'R was facing difficulty writing new music but once GN'R essentially ended, Axl wrote an insane amount of songs.  You've got 14 songs on ChiDem and I know a lot of unreleased ChiDem material are song concepts and not really songs, but you've still got potentially another 12ish songs good enough for an album sitting in the vault.

That is TWO ALBUMS worth of material Axl wrote following UYI.  I think that's impressive for someone who has (rightfully?) been described as lazy and someone who reached the top and realized somewhere that he and his band would never reach anything close to their glory days height again.

Well, 26 songs in 25 years (since 1997) is not an insane amount of songs. It's a song per year. For a professional musician, that's bad!

Edited by Legendador
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

While I appreciate Axl's presence at the funeral, seeing him sing hurts even more. Clearly Guns is heading towards its end. Axl sang NR like Bon Jovi sang "Always", that's the end of the line for both bands. Even though Steven Tyler is in poor health he still rocks live music, and he's 10 years or older on them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

He really should use whats left in the studio now. The Chinese stuff is done already. 

I wish he would record new stuff NOW, time's running out for new GNR music if he won't change his style of singing.

Whatever we get next, if we get much of anything, will come from the past. But who knows, he may surprise us sometime in the not so distant future(though I’m doubtful). Axl’s vocals don’t necessarily disintegrate in a linear fashion. He has ups and downs along the way. But certainly, he needs to sing in a more comfortable, more natural register if he is to continue moving forward with touring.

7 hours ago, TheSlashrose said:

While I appreciate Axl's presence at the funeral, seeing him sing hurts even more. Clearly Guns is heading towards its end. Axl sang NR like Bon Jovi sang "Always", that's the end of the line for both bands. Even though Steven Tyler is in poor health he still rocks live music, and he's 10 years or older on them.

Yes, fuck Axl for not being a completely different guy! And fuck you for not being Mark Twain, then I might actually have enjoyed your post. There is NO EXCUSE for taking the lazy way out and not being someone else!

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, TheSlashrose said:

Steven tyler is a god. 74 and still sounding like that and looking like that. He is the ultimate rockstar frontman

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, heliodolores said:

I use to come here to check if we have album news, now I'm mostly checking if we reach 1000 to see if there's some kind of party with photos or something.

I used to come here for the leaks. (I guess I still do)

Others come here to see if things they have had for years leaked. :P 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, vloors said:

Meanwhile while they figure out how to release music slash is featured on the newly released Michael Monroe single 

Slash solo starts from 1 minute 52 seconds

i didnt know he played on that song.  Ive always likes that one

• Like 1

On 1/25/2023 at 9:54 PM, gavgnr said:

I wonder if other bands’ fans take the piss out of us? 

(Rhetorical question of course 🤣🤣)

i joined mygnrforum because seeing the new album thread was bloody hilarious, especially at the Spotify incident.

but now i'm part of the New Album Thread circus too...

Edited by BucketEgg

1 hour ago, BucketEgg said:

i joined mygnrforum because seeing the new album thread was bloody hilarious, especially at the Spotify incident.

but now i'm part of the New Album Thread circus too...

Welcome to the... sewers of the New Album. We all float down here. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Haha 3

I think the idea of waiting for a new album had worn out it’s welcome. In reality we are just waiting on new music, essentially a new single. Obviously there’s no new album coming as there isn’t even an albums worth of finished material to release. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

I think the idea of waiting for a new album had worn out it’s welcome. In reality we are just waiting on new music, essentially a new single. Obviously there’s no new album coming as there isn’t even an albums worth of finished material to release. 

nope! the only thing that's obvious is that you don't actually know anything when it comes to exactly how much unreleased Gn'R material there is currently in "the vault", just like the rest of us.

maybe Axl will decide to release a single, maybe an album, or maybe nothing at all but we do know that there is an album's worth of unreleased material, the pre-reunion version at the very least.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

It's been more than 20 years since Axl’s been able to sing as he once did. He began to struggle vocal wise in 99-00.

Nowadays it is plainly a pain to listen to.

(Don’t get me wrong, this is not personal. I like Axl, I think he’s a good guy🤷🏻‍♂️)

It will always be beautiful to go back and listen to appetite, lies, the illusions, live era and even a few CD songs.
I wouldn’t expect anything more from the band. The last two -recycled- single attempts were half assed IMHO.
I agree, this is the end of the line for GNR in regards to new music or anything bench marking.

I’m really looking forward for unreleased studio and live stuff tho.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rovim said:

nope! the only thing that's obvious is that you don't actually know anything when it comes to exactly how much unreleased Gn'R material there is currently in "the vault", just like the rest of us.

maybe Axl will decide to release a single, maybe an album, or maybe nothing at all but we do know that there is an album's worth of unreleased material, the pre-reunion version at the very least.

I know what the rest of us know in regards to how much completed music we have ready for release, Slash told us. Axl certainly isn’t going to release an album with Slash and Duff on half the tracks coupled with older recordings without them entirely. Especially given the fact that he even said they haven’t even started recording new material.