Jump to content

Best New INSTRUMENTAL Song from The Village Sessions Leaks? - Pick 5 or 6.


Best New INSTRUMENTAL Song from The Village Sessions Leaks?  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Seeing as most people (naturally) gravitated towards the tracks with vocals I thought I'd start a separate thread to get a better idea of how people rate the instrumentals.

DON'T FORGET you can vote for as many as you want, try and pick 5 or 6!

Edited by jackparker123
Update
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Inside Out is also great

I've not heard that one actually, same goes for Prom Violence!

I've only heard the 4 Rough Mixes discs + The Rebel.

Is Inside Out a new track in it's own right, or one that eventually became another track like 3 Dollar Pyramid? If it's properly new I'll add it to the poll.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

Seeing as most people (naturally) gravitated towards the tracks with vocals I thought I'd start a separate thread to get a better idea of how people rate the instrumentals.

DON'T FORGET you can vote for as many as you want, try and pick 5 or 6!

Oklahoma and Zodiac could be real powerhouses. Elvis seemed great too. But I might even be the most curious abour Dummy because it's so schizophrenic. But really there weren't many duds in there. Almost all of them were at the very least interesting. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not gonna vote, cause I haven't listened to all of them. I'd rather listen to songs like Soulmonster with lyrics, when I hear them the first time. So don't wan't too many instrumental spoilers.

That being said, I did listen to some of these. Gotta mention Dummy as a really positive surprise. But I liked Zodiac, Oklahoma, As It Began and Quicksong too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Oklahoma, MAME, Quick Song are instrumentally miles ahead of anything on CD. How in the fuck tracks like IRS, Riad, If The World made it instead is beyond me.

Axl vision was a trilogy of albums so he kept great songs for further albums

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The middle part of circus Maximus when the guitar kicks in with the piano and the electronic elements is just outstanding. The arrangement is just extremely Axl. If that song is actually 7 wholly molly it’s going to be good. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Arnuld said:

The middle part of circus Maximus when the guitar kicks in with the piano and the electronic elements is just outstanding. The arrangement is just extremely Axl. If that song is actually 7 wholly molly it’s going to be good. 

This, a 100 times this! I fkn love that middle, it really is outstanding! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, I've really been into Zodiac, Oklahaoma and Me And My Elvis. MaME stood out to me immediately; the little orchestra stabs and that Doors-esque organ in the beginning. Just fucking fantastic and aggressive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, drewhiggins said:

For me, I've really been into Zodiac, Oklahaoma and Me And My Elvis. MaME stood out to me immediately; the little orchestra stabs and that Doors-esque organ in the beginning. Just fucking fantastic and aggressive.

me and my elvis, whiter shade of pale?

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 clear winners here.

Add those to the best 4 leaked songs with vocals, plus The General and you already have a damn solid follow up to Chinese Democracy without the need for many 'new' songs to be included.

  1. Hard School
  2. Atlas Strugged
  3. NEW SONG
  4. Me & My Elvis
  5. State Of Grace
  6. Perhaps
  7. NEW SONG
  8. Quicksong
  9. Zodiac
  10. NEW SONG
  11. Oklahoma
  12. The General
Edited by jackparker123
Update
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...