Jerry Stiller (Arthur Spooner) is dead

Stiller/Meara were around a long time.  I remember him mostly from "Sienfeld".  Great comedic actor. 

Favorite line from "Sienfeld".   This line was said to George Steinbrenner.

"How could you trade Jay Buhner?"

I love the message on Jerry's phone "Steinbrenner is here George is dead, call me" lol

He was one of a kind.

Serenity now!

8 minutes ago, JONEZY said:

Stiller/Meara were around a long time.  I remember him mostly from "Sienfeld".  Great comedic actor. 

Favorite line from "Sienfeld".   This line was said to George Steinbrenner.

"How could you trade Jay Buhner?"

Yeah, my mom watched Ed Sullivan everynight and Anne and Jerry appeared multiple times. Anne passed away awhile ago. She was Irish and he was Jewish, so they would do some bits about that!

On 5/11/2020 at 4:07 PM, EvanG said:

In most roles I have seen him he always kinda played the same character, an eccentric man who always ends up shouting, but he was so funny at it.

I know he reminded me of my poppy. lol He always yelled stuff too. I think it's the Italian decent men. lol

God how can you hate Seinfeld. I do admit that the character of Kramer really annoys me especially in the early years. I met the actor who played the sheriff in Halloween and he was on the Hot Tub episode. He told me that Kramer was a real jerk. Thought he was so important and rude to him. That made me hate him more.

The only character that never gets on my nerves is Jerry. Sometimes George is so damn annoying. I loved when his dad would hit him in the front of his head. I really loved when someone would kick Kramer's butt too. And Elaine. Sometimes she was most annoying lol. The episode with the Peggy who said she sleeps with alot of men was spot on. when Elaine didn't sleep with some men it was very rare.

But yeah, George's parents made Seinfeld so much funnier.

On 5/14/2020 at 2:47 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I know he reminded me of my poppy. lol He always yelled stuff too. I think it's the Italian decent men. lol

God how can you hate Seinfeld. I do admit that the character of Kramer really annoys me especially in the early years. I met the actor who played the sheriff in Halloween and he was on the Hot Tub episode. He told me that Kramer was a real jerk. Thought he was so important and rude to him. That made me hate him more.

The only character that never gets on my nerves is Jerry. Sometimes George is so damn annoying. I loved when his dad would hit him in the front of his head. I really loved when someone would kick Kramer's butt too. And Elaine. Sometimes she was most annoying lol. The episode with the Peggy who said she sleeps with alot of men was spot on. when Elaine didn't sleep with some men it was very rare.

But yeah, George's parents made Seinfeld so much funnier.

Was it the sheriff in the original Halloween?

19 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Was it the sheriff in the original Halloween?

Yeah, God I forgot his name. Super cool guy and yeah, he told us about Michael Richards being a real dick.

also the guy who was in Animal House and the Maestro on Seinfeld and in Twisted Sister videos. Dee Snider said he was cool during the first video then when they asked him back for the next TS video he acted like a dick too. lol

I honestly wasn't all that surprised when he told me about Kramer. I guess Jerry tolerated him. Who knows? He was perfect for the Kramer character, but sometimes he's just too annoying to me.

20 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, God I forgot his name. Super cool guy and yeah, he told us about Michael Richards being a real dick.

also the guy who was in Animal House and the Maestro on Seinfeld and in Twisted Sister videos. Dee Snider said he was cool during the first video then when they asked him back for the next TS video he acted like a dick too. lol

I honestly wasn't all that surprised when he told me about Kramer. I guess Jerry tolerated him. Who knows? He was perfect for the Kramer character, but sometimes he's just too annoying to me.

Cool, yeah the guy who played the sheriff was also in The Fog. He played Dan the weather guy who bought it.😄

On 5/18/2020 at 12:12 PM, lame ass security said:

Cool, yeah the guy who played the sheriff was also in The Fog. He played Dan the weather guy who bought it.😄

OH Yeah. My favorite movie after Halloween is the Fog. His name is Charles Sypher. Such a cool dude. I also met Nancy Loomis who was in Halloween and The Fog. She was super nice too. Also met PJ Soles who was in Halloween. She was such a cool person too.

Anyway, a friend of mine read that when Jerry Stiller was hired for Seinfeld he did such great ad lib that after awhile Seinfeld let him do his own lines. When his character is looking up in the air, it's because he was thinking of his next line! What a genius! I always wondered about some of his storylines and all those funny lines he had. Seinfeld knew he found gold with Jerry Stiller!

He was definitely a scene stealer!

He was be missed so much. Such a talent.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...