North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

9 hours ago, SAU3R said:

Well, they played baseball in front of 40,000 people in Texas yesterday, so I could see the NA shows happen.. but I don’t think there is any safe information on this at the moment 

The Rangers did?

12 minutes ago, Ixtlan said:

The Rangers did?

Ya. Rangers are at 100% (and people showed up), Astros are at 50%* (but deserve 0% because they’re filthy cheaters).

*And they haven’t played at home yet 

Edited by Stryker

1 hour ago, Stryker said:

Ya. Rangers are at 100% (and people showed up), Astros are at 50%* (but deserve 0% because they’re filthy cheaters).

*And they haven’t played at home yet 

The Cubs are at 25%. I’m really hoping for Wrigley.

9 hours ago, RussTCB said:

The pandemic was hands down the best thing that could have happened to the GN'R brand. 

People are so starved for live shows that it'll easily bump GN'R back up from the dismel ticket sales they had just prior to all the lock downs. 

In Australia, they're marketing the tour with "stadium rock is back", and they were pushing it as the first big tour to hit our shores since the pandemic. Funnily enough, ever since then, a whole host of rock bands have undercut GN'R and have announced tours at the same time or earlier.

• GNFNR 1

10 hours ago, RussTCB said:

The pandemic was hands down the best thing that could have happened to the GN'R brand. 

People are so starved for live shows that it'll easily bump GN'R back up from the dismel ticket sales they had just prior to all the lock downs. 

Although Axl had better come prepared for these shows or else "Axl Rose still dealing with the aftermath of getting COVID" will be the news headlines if he Mickeys it up :lol:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, RussTCB said:

However, if they keep doing it like this, it will only work for the first months before the numbers will start going down – once people realize this is just another NITL with the same songs sung by Herbert the Pervert. Then they’ll move on to bands who release and play new music, pandemic or not. 

• GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, Arnuld said:

Every outdoor stadium should be at 100%. It’s almost impossible to catch covid outside. It’s all so ridiculous. 

You can catch COVID outside especially if everyone is squished together per the 100% capacity suggestion

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Mr. Scientist speaking here. "to/too"

Lol you need to go back and check your own spelling lol you clown the 1i quoted you in while back lol

Absolutely hysterical 

Edited by Gavin82

For the direct contact route of transmission, being outside won't make much of a difference. If you touch the hands of someone infected who has spit on their hands, you are no more protected if this happens outside or inside.

For the aerosol transmission route, being outside can help a lot. But not if people are packed tightly together like at concerts. Just imagine someone coughing close to you, like directly towards your face. Doesn't help you much if you are outside, does it? 

So yes, you can absolutely catch Covid-19 if you are outside, although it is generally speaking less likely. At a concert with people close together, the probability would probably come close to many indoors situations, depending upon weather conditions I assume.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Arnuld said:

Every outdoor stadium should be at 100%. It’s almost impossible to catch covid outside. It’s all so ridiculous. 

There are several options how one can catch covid outside. Need examples: someone who has covid is singing or shouting in your face (aerosoles transmission).. uneducated sneezing in your direction... just some examples 

43 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

If you really want to debate the basics of science, then yes. Cause nobody can be this stupid.

So you have no proof?  My internet's acting up but I'd be happy to point out plenty of articles that support no widespread transmission outdoors.  

Why are you not required to support your paranoia with facts?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Spike Killer said:

So you have no proof?  My internet's acting up but I'd be happy to point out plenty of articles that support no widespread transmission outdoors.  

Why are you not required to support your paranoia with facts?

Yes you're right. We should have stadiums filled with people all the time, cause the virus can't spread outside. Stupid scientists have been lying to us, while you have been reading articles. Good job, man. Everyone give it up for the Spike Killer, cause he read articles.

5 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Yes you're right. We should have stadiums filled with people all the time, cause the virus can't spread outside. Stupid scientists have been lying to us, while you have been reading articles. Good job, man. Everyone give it up for the Spike Killer, cause he read articles.

Why salty?

Let's start here,

https://www.axios.com/bmi-obesity-severe-risk-factors-covid-19-cdc-063fb142-234c-4654-98b1-de357fb8df87.html

https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/obesity-and-covid-19.html

Any health organization that advocates for masks, distancing, and keeping business shut down (arguable more impactful than COVID-19 over time), that doesn't address the obesity pandemic and how it's impacted death rates in modern countries - is not really taking the pandemic seriously.

Why not start there?  Encourage healthy life styles and make people provide they are not overweight or underweight.  Have fitness passports and periodic fitness exams - and you can get your passport to normal life.

"Distance yourself from too much food, not exercise or normal life." - Things like that.

Speaking of Guns N' Roses.  I'm cautiously optimistic that the North American shows will happen, at least in some cities.  Let's hope GNR have a spine.

Edited by Spike Killer
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, WhazUp said:

So your answer is, hey let's operate these stadiums at 100 percent during a pandemic because fat people don't deserve to be surrounded by people who aren't throwing caution to the wind?

Huh?   What are you trying to say? 

Do you really think Guns N' Roses can sell 100% of the seats available in a stadium?  Is that how we can tie it all together.

But seriously.  Can you repeat that?

41 minutes ago, Spike Killer said:

I wouldn't go so far as to say there has been "no widespread transmission outdoors". What we know is that most cases of transmission happens indoors (>90% of the cases), but that there are plenty of examples of outdoors spread, too, mostly linked to sporting events and concerts. The reason for this is that the indoors is typically where people get in close contact with each others and where ventilation is poor, while most outdoor activities happen with sufficient social distancing and with good air circulation. Another reason that makes the outdoors generally speaking safer than the indoors, is that most outdoors events with lots of people have by now become banned, removing most reasons why people would get in close contact with each other outside. At the same time, we still congregate to a larger extent inside, at malls, at home, in schools, at work places etc. So yeah, most infection events occur indoors. But that is not the same as saying that Covid-19 can't spread outdoors if the conditions are favorable for it. It certainly can when people are in close contact with each other. And one such favorable condition would be a concert where people stand close to each other, talk or sing along, touch each other.

• Like 2