06/07/22 - Seville,ES - Estadio Benito Villamarin

alfierose

23 minutes ago, Dean said:

This is really cool. It sounds like Slash has stayed pretty faithful to the original solo

That's pretty cool news, unfortunately I'm afraid uncle Axl can't pull that one off properly anymore.

It's one of my favorite GN'R tunes but he'd struggle with SOD even when he had an ABSURD vocal range (pun intended).

Here's hoping for a decent cut, but expecting loots of vocal cracks and skipped lines.

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Quite surprised a setlist hasn't leaked with the 'alts' section on.....

It did last week. People posted it in one of the threads. It came from an Instagram video of Richard from rehearsals prior to the tour. 

Edit: Dead Horse, My Michelle, Out Ta Get Me, Coma, Locomotive, Use to Love Her, Catcher in the Rye, Sorry, Madagascar, Prostitute There was a Time

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CeEdhqSpxSh/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y= 

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, jafeijo said:

That's pretty cool news, unfortunately I'm afraid uncle Axl can't pull that one off properly anymore.

It's one of my favorite GN'R tunes but he'd struggle with SOD even when he had an ABSURD vocal range (pun intended).

Here's hoping for a decent cut, but expecting loots of vocal cracks and skipped lines.

Time will tell!

28 minutes ago, gnrjanus said:

Sod will be easy as shit  

He sounded good on it from 2002/2014 no worries. The clean voice suits this song

It's more the high notes. I'm not a professional, but to my ears, Street of Dreams is a harder song to sing than This I Love and Axl struggled with that in recent years before it was dropped all together. Both are top tier GNR songs to my ears and both deserve a place in the setlist night after night, though obviously it's depending on vocal chops.

• GNFNR 1

32 minutes ago, gnrjanus said:

Sod will be easy as shit  

He sounded good on it from 2002/2014 no worries. The clean voice suits this song

Don't think so mate, the problem on SOD isn't actually the tone, it's the incredibly high and long notes in the last section, and the use of his mid range which has always been hard for him on the verses. As a vocalist myself, this would be one of the last GN'R songs I'd pick to sing live.

Edited by jafeijo

10 minutes ago, Trin9498 said:

the prospect of them playing SOD doesnt excite me.....honestly, people say the diehards arent at the show....wouldnt that logic lend itself to more legacy stuff like Pretty Tied Up etc....?

I would consider Pretty Tied Up as a deep cut as well. Probably even on the same Level as SOD