06/15/22 - Stavanger, NO - Forus Travbane

alfierose

KOHD - https://we.tl/t-TkdxS9u5Vo

Don't Cry - https://www.veed.io/view/989b5aa4-6ff9-4e8f-ac43-b63e166f408d

Slither - https://www.veed.io/view/5b09e7b0-5c88-46e7-901e-d840931c88ef

15 hours ago, Markus89 said:

Anyone know what the hell he meant when he said something like "I dont agree with the Norwegian beeing shot in the beginning" and laughed. ??? 

YCBM - https://www.veed.io/view/089d31ad-8308-464e-958f-783de8ad216b

• GNFNR 1

Good to see Axl doing a little bit better, both vocally and in spirit. He still appears to have some mild cold as he kept blowing his nose throughout the show, who knows how it affects his performance.

Also, I dig the flannel shirt & backwards hat combination

• Like 1

Amazing setlist! I saw some videos and Axl seems to be running round the stage like the olden days. If the setlist is 100% at Prague I wont have any complaints! I love Ac/Dc so Back in Black or Walk all over you are very welcome additions to the setlist. In 2017 they covered Whole Lotta Rosie

13 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I'm a big Beatles fan. Even more than I am of GNR. I saw Ringo Starr & His All-Starr Band which was great. Would love to see Paul but it might be too late. I've said this before but I really wish they'd do a big televised rock show of people like Paul & Ringo, Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath, Smashing Pumpkins, Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Aerosmith, The Cure, The Beach Boys, Guns N' Roses etc. Before they're all dead. Imagine that fucking lineup.

I saw Paul a few nights ago. It was an amazing show. I don’t think it’s too late for you. He actually said “See you next time!” at the end and I think he meant it. He did not appear lacking in energy at all, like he does have one more tour in him. His voice is obviously weak, but he and the band manages it really well.

Ringo and the All Starr band was also a fun show, though I was pissed he didn’t do Octopus’s Garden

• Like 4

A show that is worthy the GNR name at the age of 60. Better vocally & axl more energetic & into the songs & more fit.
A show i would have enjoyed to attend, and a show where Axl was not the weakest link among the 3 original members.

Edited by GNROSAS
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

what the hell at 7:38. What the fick Axl? Something happend to Axl. It's Mickey Mouse with Kidney Stones. Axl is in pain I'm pretty sure I'm worried

That gave me a real good laugh at the gig! Holy shit, it was hilarious :lol:

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

7 minutes ago, Bluefish18 said:

Just watched the Chinese Democracy video; I have to say thats the best version I've heard since the reunion started.  

I was impressed with how much they rocked Chinese Democracy at the 2021 show in Detroit. It reminded me more of the 2000-2001 mixes from the Village leaks. Raw rock, not polished to death like the album version.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kruelty said:

Hooh, finally had a couple of days to process this.

This is the second GN'R show I've been to (last was in Oslo 2018), and this one exceeded Oslo in every way imagin:thumbsup:able, especially the PA. We managed to get spots in the middle by the rails, which pretty much were the best views in a crowd of 45 000. That feeling of waiting for the band to come on, then seeing the intro tape and SUDDENLY everyone is on stage. That feeling is like a drug. Even though Axl's voice is noticeably clean even live, there is no lack of showmanship and effort. Speaking of effort, I struggled singing along with every song, while Axl barely missed a line sprinting around like a Duracell-rabbit for the better part of three hours. The rest of the band was amazing, Duff was just as much of a crowdpleaser as I remembered him to be, Slash was his usual self whilst exchanging smiles with the audience, Fortus blew my mind with his playing etc etc. All around solid. Kudos also to Frank for staying to watch the first opener, cool gesture.

Speaking of openers, I really enjoyed Turbonegro. I think the ''new'' vocalist does a terrific job, and my friend managed to catch the drummer's drumsticks at the end of the set. She gifted one to a little kid who was at their first ever concert. Gary Clark Jr. was good, but made less of an impact than Turbo I feel.

One thing that I didn't expect either was the rowdiness of the crowd. About a minute into Easy a woman covered in blood was carried off by security, and it felt like security had to intervene 4-5 times every song. It's not extreme by any means, but compared to Oslo it was very different. If I had to guess, I'd wager that Knockin' On Heaven's Door got the most people knocking at each other. During the tail end of the set I was also man handled by Axl's body guard (I think) when he dived into the crowd to retrieve a massive rose for Axl. 

It's hard to pick one highlight from what I perceived to be a top tier show. These guys being mostly in their 50s-60s blow a lot of the younger bands I've seen away in terms of tenacity and showmanship. Although I felt like I was in a different universe while singing along to Absurd. That was cool and fucking weird. Very cool to hear the ''new'' songs live, and gems such as Crazy, Don't Cry, Coma etc. I was really hoping for Street of Dreams, though, but maybe another time! 

You remember my friend I mentioned? She also catched a guitar pick in the air after Paradise City. A guy offered her around 800$ for it, but she refused :lol: 

Obviously these guys aren't getting younger, and it's getting more and more noticeable by each year. That doesn't seem to stop them from performing, and performing at a high level at that. I can't say for sure if I'll ever be able to see GN'R again, but I really hope to catch them several times before the inevitability of age. Words truly can't express my love for this band, wow. 

Some pics I posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce15C7MDaeD/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce17I_nDjn4/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Brillant review! 👍

• GNFNR 1