07/08/22 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion

alfierose

1 minute ago, Kosonen said:

Axl is in a perfect shape and cracking jokes

You crush a lot of people here with your intelligence, you r humble, but not afraid to write what you think. U r a gnr fan. And, above other things, u r right. The rest shouldnt matter for any of us as long as you want it to be that way. So rock on, my friend 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, avahland said:

Would you say that in her face ?
I guess not because it's kinda insulting.

I get your point...but please be careful with words.
(I know....it's a free world and you can say and think what you want)

I am the opposite of her...I should eat less burgers and other fat stuff.
I can live and deal pretty well most times with remarks towards me being a "big man" but it's not always nice hear it.

Last little remark:

We are here because of rock music so this little OT stops here for me :-)

Rock on !

So eat less hamburgers

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, avahland said:

Axl is 10 years older than I am and in better shape.
And he sings better :-)

Comparing yourself to him and his circumstances doesn't make sense. Are thousands of people paying good money to see you perform? I assume not, so you being fat and out of shape and singing really badly doesn't matter unlike for Axl, because there's no one paying their hard earned cash to see that. 

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, jamillos said:

Jesus, I miss the 90s...

I miss the 80’s 

2 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Comparing yourself to him and his circumstances doesn't make sense. Are thousands of people paying good money to see you perform? I assume not, so you being fat and out of shape and singing really badly doesn't matter unlike for Axl, because there's no one paying their hard earned cash to see that. 

How do you know what this forum member does for a living?  For all we know that could be Vince Neil posting. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I think Axl's voice just is what it is at this point. It's been like this for years and he just had to cancel a show and work with a doctor and vocal coach so he could come back and have the same voice we've been complaining about for years....he can't bring back his 90's voice if he just puts some work into it.

His appearance doesn't bother me. He's 60, they're a legacy band, the majority of the audience is there to hear the hits they remember. Could he be in better shape? Maybe. Does he have to be? No.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Axl Rose is an artist and his physical appearance has nothing to do with his profession. He is not a jockey or a boxer were physical size is a requirement for the job. Axl has always taken care of his body and he has a long history of being active in terms of cardiovascular work and as of the late 90s building muscle compared to when he was younger and slimmer

If you actually take a look at his biceps and triceps, Axl has clearly been working on all areas of his body in relation to physical conditioning. 

He also is displaying much more of a correct posture. Lower back issues have a tendency to cause your midsection to pop out  due to your muscles tighting up making your stomach seem larger then it actually is...

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jadeder said:

It’s just more about holding ourselves accountable and representing basic standards like not shaming others with outdated remarks about eating some meat. I’m pretty sure everyone here wants this forum to be taken seriously and that’s not going to happen this way. 

The world needs a little more compassion and less selfishness. Challenge yourselves to be better tomorrow and onwards. Your loved ones may even thank you

While I definitely agree that the world needs a little less selfishness and more compassion, it also needs to be pointed out that you can hide a lot of bullshit behind these nice sentiments. "I’m only doing it for the higher good / your own good; I mean well, and so my opinion is superior and I can do anything to this end, and you should think alike, otherwise..." etc., this type of crap. 
And in general, you should take a huge dose of e.g. Married with Children, my friend. ;) The world definitely had its own problems in the 80s/90s, but this stuff really wasn’t one of the big things. We’re being slowly brainwashed and controlled more and more each day, while we applaud it and think everything is fine and dandy. 
Peace. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I’m sure Melissa is thick skinned enough to take comments like that of mine, as much as she is to guys asking her to take her clothes off, otherwise she wouldn’t be posting stupid pictures of herself in skimpy outfits on social media in the first place. 

Edited by metallex78
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

I’m sure Melissa is thick skinned enough to take comments like that of mine, as much as she is to guys asking her to take her clothes off, otherwise she wouldn’t be posting stupid pictures of herself in skimpy outfits on social media in the first place. 

as long as you're sure

• Like 1

11 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Live doesn't make sense. Comparing was just for (my) fun.

Was at the Show on Friday and am now back from Munich. Hm. It was a nice gig, and I am happy that I have managed now the first time to see THE band of my youth. But, I also have to say, having seen many concerts of different bands the last 15 years: It was by far not the best show I have seen. Yes, the people have been happy and singing with the band at Knocking on Heavens door - but overall, Axl Rose is not really a frontman who interacts with the audience very good. And while the rest of the Band has done a really perfect gig, you could feel that Axl still had problems with his voice and tried to sing as less as possible to take care for it. Not sure if I would spent the money again for a Guns 'n Roses ticket again. Really, I am still a big fan of them, Slash was absolutely great, but it seems that Axl has already had his best days.