Use Your Illusion Remasters?

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

The illusion re-release will surely happen at some point? I got the impression the AFD was the record company just going ahead and doing it, whether the band wanted it or not, so there's every chance we see this one too. 

Whether the contents will be decent and the pricing reasonable is anyone's guess! 

We are over halfway through the year. I'm surprised we have not heard anything official yet, if it was planned for 2021. Maybe they are aiming for a Christmas release? 

If so, an actual new album this year would be less likely, I'd assume.

I remember I was washing my vehicle when I got a text that a new GN'R album was coming out. It happened to be the AFD re-release. lol

9 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

We are over halfway through the year. I'm surprised we have not heard anything official yet, if it was planned for 2021. Maybe they are aiming for a Christmas release? 

I remember I was washing my vehicle when I got a text that a new GN'R album was coming out. It happened to be the AFD re-release. lol

Well, the AFD re-release was the wrong year don't forget! I'd go for it being released next summer if it happens.

In my personal view there's now zero chance of a new album this year and minimal chance of there ever being one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Well, the AFD re-release was the wrong year don't forget! I'd go for it being released next summer if it happens.

In my personal view there's now zero chance of a new album this year and minimal chance of there ever being one. 

Good point!

Yeah, well seeing how many years it has been since 2008's CD, very well could be. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2021 at 7:55 AM, allwaystired said:

The illusion re-release will surely happen at some point? I got the impression the AFD was the record company just going ahead and doing it, whether the band wanted it or not, so there's every chance we see this one too. 

Whether the contents will be decent and the pricing reasonable is anyone's guess! 

The band was involved, Axl supplied personal photos, Duff came into the office periodically to check on things, etc.

On 6/25/2021 at 9:40 AM, Sweersa said:

Could be, hard to say.  Because even when the Appetite box was released, it wasn't released on the same day as when the album was first released, it was like 3 weeks earlier IIRC.  Let's not forget too that like most places of work, COVID derailed things at Universal too.  I am not blaming a new album/new tracks on that, but it did affect the production of the box.  I don't mean the factory production, I mean the research, the design, etc.

On 6/25/2021 at 9:52 AM, allwaystired said:

I think next summer too.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, troccoli said:

The band was involved, Axl supplied personal photos, Duff came into the office periodically to check on things, etc.

Could be, hard to say.  Because even when the Appetite box was released, it wasn't released on the same day as when the album was first released, it was like 3 weeks earlier IIRC.  Let's not forget too that like most places of work, COVID derailed things at Universal too.  I am not blaming a new album/new tracks on that, but it did affect the production of the box.  I don't mean the factory production, I mean the research, the design, etc.

I think next summer too.

It’s good to hear that it still appears to be happening - next summer would be fine because as you know I’ll be investing in the MetallicA one in September and that will keep me entertained for a good while.

More than anything I hope for a proper awesome live gig - early 1991 would be tremendous. The big omission from the AFD one was a lack of live material.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, troccoli said:

I think next summer too.

Cheers for clearing up, and not sure if you'd know about this one.....but do you reckon the label says "we're doing this and you can be involved or not" and they choose to be involved? 

Does the decision on it's release come from the band or not? 

On 7/6/2021 at 3:55 AM, allwaystired said:

Cheers for clearing up, and not sure if you'd know about this one.....but do you reckon the label says "we're doing this and you can be involved or not" and they choose to be involved? 

Does the decision on it's release come from the band or not? 

I don't know for a fact, but I'd imagine perhaps not.  I am guessing they might still be recouping money from CD.  I am still unclear if the label paid for that, Or Axl, or both, or what.  But regardless, I would imagine they still ask the band/management to be involved.  Don't need any more lawsuits/complications like Greatest Hits for example.

16 minutes ago, thunderram said:

Why do people like you feel the need to share shit like this? Nobody cares or will know whether you buy remastered music or not. 

We get it. You feel entitled to new music. But you’re not and have to live within that reality. Must be a rough existence.

Have fun kicking and screaming like a baby in every thread about no new music. As if that hasn’t been going on since this websites existence.

As much as many of you complain about nothing changing with this band, the same is true of all the crybabies fans over new music and setlists. Same shit, different day. Hypocrites.

Go find another band to fanboy over if you hate this one and the way they choose to conduct their business so badly. You guys sound like battered spouses that won’t leave a bad marriage. What’s stopping you?

Hi Axl! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, troccoli said:

I don't know for a fact, but I'd imagine perhaps not.  I am guessing they might still be recouping money from CD.  I am still unclear if the label paid for that, Or Axl, or both, or what.  But regardless, I would imagine they still ask the band/management to be involved.  Don't need any more lawsuits/complications like Greatest Hits for example.

That's what I'd think too. It's certainly the most logical approach - makes sense for all parties. 

The finances of CD will probably remain a mystery to us all! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thunderram said:

Why do people like you feel the need to share shit like this? Nobody cares or will know whether you buy remastered music or not. 

We get it. You feel entitled to new music. But you’re not and have to live within that reality. Must be a rough existence.

Have fun kicking and screaming like a baby in every thread about no new music. As if that hasn’t been going on since this websites existence.

As much as many of you complain about nothing changing with this band, the same is true of all the crybabies fans over new music and setlists. Same shit, different day. Hypocrites.

Go find another band to fanboy over if you hate this one and the way they choose to conduct their business so badly. You guys sound like battered spouses that won’t leave a bad marriage. What’s stopping you?

You could say you sound like a spouse that's fully accepted to being treated like a worthless piece of crap (maybe even started enjoying it too) that's only good enough to provide the spouse with more money. But hey, opinions are like assholes.

I wish I was content enough to be happy with new products like toy trucks instead of new music. Would have made it easier to be a fan of Guns N' Roses as it now stands.

To add to this post: I pre-ordered The Black Album box set. Very fair price for very well put together (unreleased) content. How much was that AFD box set again? Hahahaha, no thank you.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 2

6 hours ago, troccoli said:

Have the label been back in touch after the initial communication? It’s certainly a step in the right direction that they wanted to canvass the ‘hardcore’ as to what the deluxe set should include - just wondered if there was any acknowledgment of what was given as feedback?

Im sure it will definitely hit the mark better this time - the fact they reached out in the first place suggests that. 👍

• Like 2

7 hours ago, thunderram said:

You are on the wrong GnR page.  That talk "enttitled" sounds very familiar.  es, fans of a band wanting to hear new music is so selfish.  How dare we

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

The band, the label and the management is shit. GNR is a joke now. If any other major band had what GNR had, we would have gotten thousand treats.

Seriuously.. Even without having to release new music.... which isn't something even I care about from this lineup.

They really could have made an awesome NITL release.. 2016 was a pretty exciting time.. They could have a made a best of collection while incorporating tons of fan footage before and during shows.. That kind of excitement for this band won't reach that level again.... Unless it is a AFD5 show...

A Blu Ray release from the classic era would have been sick too.. With their money I am sure they could obtain some kick ass footage and shows and pretty them all up.. Like Argentina or something from the Appetite Tour.. Fuck they easily could have done Paris or the Ritz and remastered them with little or no effort.. 

They could have released a live album from the early days.. They were such a great live band and never released a real live album from the Appetite Era. Why not release the Marquee show? I am sure they have plenty of soundboard stuff.. 

Even gather all their Televison appearances and release that.. From late shows, award shows, farm aid and shit.. I know we have all seen it but having all that remastered is better than toy rings...

Anyway, you are right.. Instead of anything worthy, these clowns release fake tattoos, Laundry bags and toy trucks... 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Even then I don't know if it would feel the same as 2016.

Oh it would for me.. My excitent was off the charts leading up to the reunion. I was fucking ecstatic.  All the way up to the Troubador show.. Once I saw the lineup and the second setup for Melissa I knew it wasn't going to be as good as it should be.. 5 1/2 years later I still can't take her serious and think she is useless.. Fortus and Frank had 5 1/2 years to change my mind about them and I still think they suck.. Or atleast in the context of this band.  It is what it is at this point though...

7 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Oh it would for me.. My excitent was off the charts leading up to the reunion. I was fucking ecstatic.  All the way up to the Troubador show.. Once I saw the lineup and the second setup for Melissa I knew it wasn't going to be as good as it should be.. 5 1/2 years later I still can't take her serious and think she is useless.. Fortus and Frank had 5 1/2 years to change my mind about them and I still think they suck.. Or atleast in the context of this band.  It is what it is at this point though...

I feel the same as you although I don't mind Melissa too much.

On 7/8/2021 at 1:34 AM, thunderram said:

Other forums are not as negative based as this one, so the people you speak on believe it’s normal human behavior to spend time in place(website) and complain continuously. Just look at the people who laughed at you. And when brought up how absurd it is they just feed off each other and continue to be negative. 

6 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

The claim on Melissa is she modernizes the sound. I believe Axl thinks she deserves band representation. I’m not certain, but I think other bands have a Melissa under the stage essentially performing her role, but do not give those people stage representation. I read an interview where Dizzy said Slash and Duff talked about having Dizzy play off stage or side of stage before UYI touring. Axl vetoed it. 

Edited by Ixtlan

11 minutes ago, Ixtlan said:

The claim on Melissa is she modernizes the sound. I believe Axl thinks she deserves band representation. I’m not certain, but I think other bands have a Melissa under the stage essentially performing her role, but do not give those people stage representation. I read an interview where Dizzy said Slash and Duff talked about having Dizzy play off stage or side of stage before UYI touring. Axl vetoed it. 

Watching the selects now.. This band is toast.. I think they would be better off sounding like the Classic Gn'R than any "moderinaztion".

• GNFNR 1