SMKC's New Single - The River Is Rising.

Free Bird

2 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

2:02

Well that's interesting! I thought it's gonna be a full 45 min video from this session, not yet another scenography. Plus I haven't noticed Slash's talkbox untill now.

Maybe that's the live stream and the music video set is something else (since it looks like they played the whole album there too). 

• Like 1

I think they're just getting the more radio friendly stuff out of the way before the album comes. There might be another single in January too.

The bio on the website says this about the song:

Or, on the other end of the sonic spectrum, the bright-toned pop-rocker “Fill My World,” a heart-on-sleeve love song – even if, Kennedy admits, it’s a love song about his dog – that blooms with irresistible major-key melodies and one of Slash’s most liquid and expressive solos to date.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

Wasn't The One You Loved is Gone about a dog aswell? :D 

Yeah that's what I thought too :lol:

I'm interested in listening to thd solo now.

Most of the time, when something gets praised like this, I end up being disappointed :shrugs:

Edited by Free Bird

10 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

Wasn't The One You Loved is Gone about a dog aswell? :D 

when you wrtite as many songs as he does i guess u have to do one topic few times :) since i lost my dog yesterday, I have to say I am looking foward to this song :)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I can't believe he ripped off DJ Ashba's legendary SCOM intro... :lol:

Ripping off something as iconic as SCOM is pretty lame and scraping the barrell for inspiration from Slash, tbh.

Edited by Towelie

On 12/1/2021 at 7:08 AM, MaskingApathy said:

I think they're just getting the more radio friendly stuff out of the way before the album comes. There might be another single in January too.

The bio on the website says this about the song:

Or, on the other end of the sonic spectrum, the bright-toned pop-rocker “Fill My World,” a heart-on-sleeve love song – even if, Kennedy admits, it’s a love song about his dog – that blooms with irresistible major-key melodies and one of Slash’s most liquid and expressive solos to date.

It’s midnight here in Australia, and I just listened to it. It’s a nice inoffensive SMKC ballad. Solo is pretty good. A little by the numbers Slash, as expected. But hardly one of Slash’s most expressive solos to date. 

• Like 1