UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

2 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I can already hear people complaining about some people complaining that there are no demos or videos. But honestly, if this is how it turns out, it's quite underwhelming, and that's a euphemism. 

They have quite literally hundreds of millions of euros to play around with. They have people on their team who have nothing better to do than help them go through the vault and find demos, help select videos. They have probably dozens of demos from 88-93 that we’ve actually never heard, they have the resources to hire the best remastering people on the planet to create amazing blu ray quality video and high quality audio of even just one or two shows or any set of demos

But this is what we get.  

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

15 minutes ago, vloors said:

So the release date for me says Nov 11. Hopefully some more info will drop soon

7 minutes ago, smoking guns said:

How about we let them announce what all is coming before we bitch so much. Damn. YCBM sounds incredible. 

what about NR, it says 2022 version, not “remaster”. 😳

There's supposed to be an announcement on Tuesday (tomorrow).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

It’s a shitty take of YCBM, was Slash still using the Les Paul for it then or is this the BC Rich? Sounds muddied enough to be 2 Les Pauls on it. 

Yeah, it’s great to have more stuff remastered/pro shot/pro audio but there are surely much better live versions of this song they could have chosen. This band is mad! I love it but it’s mad 😂

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

It’s a shitty take of YCBM, was Slash still using the Les Paul for it then or is this the BC Rich? Sounds muddied enough to be 2 Les Pauls on it. 

Two things are interesting though, the use of wah wah pedal. Also, how little Izzy plays. I love Izzy a ton but it’s really clear he mentally left the band a long time before he actually quit. There’s none of the twin guitar attack of AFD :/ 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, vicson said:

It's the Bc Rich

I wasn’t sure, some of the dives sound like they could be neck straining on the Les Paul, the wah threw me a bit also towards the Les Paul, and the mushy sound. 

10 minutes ago, AxlRQ93 said:

I love Izzy a ton but it’s really clear he mentally left the band a long time before he actually quit.

It’s really clear his amp was turned down for a long time before he actually quit. Gilby managed to turn his up around Skin N Bones. 

• GNFNR 1

11 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

I wasn’t sure, some of the dives sound like they could be neck straining on the Les Paul, the wah threw me a bit also towards the Les Paul, and the mushy sound. 

It’s really clear his amp was turned down for a long time before he actually quit. Gilby managed to turn his up around Skin N Bones. 

That too which was very fucked by Axl & Slash, but on the UYI records his parts are not really anywhere as extensive as they were on AFD, mostly chordal stuff.  Live they definitely disrespected him 

Use Your Illusion I (Deluxe Edition) by Guns N' Roses

It has Perfect Crime and Dust N’ Bones from Wembley. Also Bad Apples from one of the Rio shows  

1 minute ago, MathieuP said:

The stand alone deluxe editions on Apple iTunes of each Illusion albums have other live tracks from the Wembley and Paris shows. Including Perfect Crime! :-)

Okay, some impressions. 

Apparently they're doing: 
 - UYI 1 remaster + Live Era 2.0 disc 1
 - UYI 2 remaster + Live Era 2.0 disc 2
 - UYI Super Deluxe featuring UYI 1+2 remasters + Ritz + Vegas (so that's going to be 6 discs?) 
 - Possibly a box set featuring any combination of the above + hopefully a BluRay?

I have to admit the tracklisting of the bonus discs sounds interesting (Yay, Bad Apples!). 

BUT what scares me the most here is pricing. We don't know any yet, but I'm afraid it will be skyhigh. Hopefully they've learned from the AFD boxset, which was ridiculously priced and then dropped so hard it was nearly insulting to the idiots (lets be honest) who bought it at full price. But this is Team Brazil and learning things doesn't seem to be their strong suit. Their strong suit is milking casuals. I also hope GnR fans learned from the AFD box set not to buy anything if it's ridiculously prices, since all we need is just a little patience. 

What also rubs me the wrong way is the impression that the seperate remasters will contain different bonus material than the super deluxe. That just feels like a trap to make hardcore fans spend their money on this stuff twice. 

The artwork just looks really lazy to me. I'm sorry but I've seen a ton of fanmade UYI art that's much better. This is incredibly unimaginative. 

Then there's the other big problem - no demo material, not even Ain't Goin Down. Which is a shame. Yes, we all cried for live material when the AFD box came out, but is it really that hard to do a healthy mixture of both?

So unless there's something really good that hasn't been announced yet and it's being sold at a very reasonable price (and I have no hope for either of those), they're not getting my money on this one. 

800px-Calico_Jack_Jolly_Roger.svg.png 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

4 minutes ago, username said:

Okay, some impressions. 

Apparently they're doing: 
 - UYI 1 remaster + Live Era 2.0 disc 1
 - UYI 2 remaster + Live Era 2.0 disc 2
 - UYI Super Deluxe featuring UYI 1+2 remasters + Ritz + Vegas (so that's going to be 6 discs?) 
 - Possibly a box set featuring any combination of the above + hopefully a BluRay?

I have to admit the tracklisting of the bonus discs sounds interesting (Yay, Bad Apples!). 

BUT what scares me the most here is pricing. We don't know any yet, but I'm afraid it will be skyhigh. Hopefully they've learned from the AFD boxset, which was ridiculously priced and then dropped so hard it was nearly insulting to the idiots (lets be honest) who bought it at full price. But this is Team Brazil and learning things doesn't seem to be their strong suit. Their strong suit is milking casuals. I also hope GnR fans learned from the AFD box set not to buy anything if it's ridiculously prices, since all we need is just a little patience. 

What also rubs me the wrong way is the impression that the seperate remasters will contain different bonus material than the super deluxe. That just feels like a trap to make hardcore fans spend their money on this stuff twice. 

The artwork just looks really lazy to me. I'm sorry but I've seen a ton of fanmade UYI art that's much better. This is incredibly unimaginative. 

Then there's the other big problem - no demo material, not even Ain't Goin Down. Which is a shame. Yes, we all cried for live material when the AFD box came out, but is it really that hard to do a healthy mixture of both?

So unless there's something really good that hasn't been announced yet and it's being sold at a very reasonable price (and I have no hope for either of those), they're not getting my money on this one. 

800px-Calico_Jack_Jolly_Roger.svg.png 

110% agreed. 
I *may* be tempted to buy it if there’s a blu ray. But it’s looking like that’s not gonna happen 🙅‍♀️ 

Perfect Crime opener at Wembley was my 1st live experience. Be great to hear this again in all its glory. A nice little nod to Izzy as well having DND and 14 years from his last show as member on it as well. Looking forwards to the official announcement of what it all looks like 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, username said:

I'm still hoping for demos and other things that haven't been announced yet. Hopefully it'll all be worth it once the announcement has been made.

6 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Too lazy to scroll through pages but how do we know there is an announcement today?

5 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

because ycbm was released today. so it would be logical to have an announcement too

Trocolli said on FB that there's an announcement coming tomorrow.

• Like 1