UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

8 hours ago, username said:

I have to say, they did a much better job here than I expected. Okay, granted, my expectations were less than nothing. But still! 

I'd say both the vinyl and cd super deluxe editions are cool sets and fairly priced. 

The material seems cool and I'm curious about November Rain too. 

The different formats they're offering seem a lot better than with the AFD release as well. 

Much better content-to-crap ratio than the AFD box. By which I mean less fake memorabilia and expensive boxes and more music. Good. 

I still have a few gripes though:

- The regular UYI 1 and 2 deluxe editions offer material that isn't on the super deluxe edition. That kinda bothers me because it feels like they're making hardcore fans buy both and that's just lame.

- No demo's. Really a big shame! Yes, we all wanted live material for AFD. But man would it have been nice to do a good mixture of both. 

- Why go 4k only to scale it down to 1080p? That just makes no sense. 

Either way, these are cool releases. 

100% agree. Ain't goin down should've been included....

But somehow, we are finally getting (on the 2 cd edition) the real Live Era, at least from 91-92. It may not be a perfect representation but it comes much closer than the 99 album by including the intros, solos, specific songs not so well known -at least by the more casual listeners....

IMO, this is a better release than the AFD

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

16 DRUM SOLO*

11 DRUM SOLO*

9 INTROS / DRUM SOLO*

LIVE IN PARIS – Hippodrome de Vincennes - 6/6/92 5. DRUM SOLO (Live in Paris – 6/6/92)*

I guess that's why Matt changed his book :lol:

And ugh, those drum solos I've hated for 30 years now. Bleh.

• Like 1

Whats the price point that seems reasonable for the super deluxe vinyl box set? If you use a coupon code and get the 20% off with free shipping on the Udiscover website it knocks the price to $399 plus tax. I wonder if this will be half price at some point down the road like the appetite boxes were or do I bite on the $399 plus shipping. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nycmale said:

Whats the price point that seems reasonable for the super deluxe vinyl box set? If you use a coupon code and get the 20% off with free shipping on the Udiscover website it knocks the price to $399 plus tax. I wonder if this will be half price at some point down the road like the appetite boxes were or do I bite on the $399 plus shipping. 

$250 is my sweet spot. And that’s cause I have to get the two CDs as well in order to get all the songs. So this would take it to about $310 plus tax. I’m waiting for the sales. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Matinator said:

Maybe, just maybe, we’ll get Ain’t Going Down on the inevitable TSI reissue. They were messing with it around that time & there’s some quotes from slash indicating they planned on including it on TSI at one point.

I’ll be amazed if there is a Spaghetti reissue. Even if there was - there is zero chance of AGD being on it…mostly because it’s a not a cover but also the fact it traces its roots to pre-AFD, it could have shown up properly on either these reissues and been more appropriate….but nothing. More chance of it being included on an EP/new album I reckon.

2 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

$250 is my sweet spot. And that’s cause I have to get the two CDs as well in order to get all the songs. So this would take it to about $310 plus tax. I’m waiting for the sales. 

I gotcha. I would jump at the vinyl box set for $250. I guess im gonna wait it out and see. Thanks!

7 minutes ago, nycmale said:

I gotcha. I would jump at the vinyl box set for $250. I guess im gonna wait it out and see. Thanks!

The only thing I can see selling out is the Illusions colored vinyls that don’t include any of the live tracks and omit the original “November Rain.” Supposedly those are limited run. 

Just now, GnR Chris said:

The only thing I can see selling out is the Illusions colored vinyls that don’t include any of the live tracks and omit the original “November Rain.” Supposedly those are limited run. 

Yes those are limited to 5K. I might pick one of those up with the 20% off and free shipping. 

2 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I thought every show was filmed? Didn't Axl watch (study) every performance afterwards during the tour?

Alas, if they were filmed by a couple of fairly low res cameras (perhaps for the screens, perhaps for reference), that would not be satisfactory for a commercial release, which would need material from multiple, higher resolution cameras.

You might think that even lower resolution shots from a couple of angles would be good. But it really doesn't work for a home viewing experience.

For example, in a SDE of Prince's 1999 album released 3 years ago (which has liner notes by our very own Duff), there was a DVD of one of Prince's shows from the era, but shot on one fixed  camera from the soundboard. A great performance, but for that reason it was tedious to watch. 

10 hours ago, troccoli said:

Just what was revealed today

Pretty sure the super deluxe is it, I don't believe there is anything higher/more expensive coming

I was actually wondering the same thing...

I passed everything along.  I was told it was the band's decision last time not to include live material, and their decision this time not to have demos/outtakes, etc.

Sell what exactly?

Shirts, hoodie etc. Bought from you a 3 or 4 years back. Still wear the shirt you sent all the time.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, vloors said:

Gnr merch stores been updated with the new illusion sets. $500 AUD for the super deluxe 

https://gnrmerch.com/collections/music/products/use-your-illusion-i-ii-super-deluxe-12lp-blu-ray

Includes 4 UYI tour replica cloth sticky backstage passes (Idk if I want to know why the backstage passes are sticky lol..)

The passes are probably stickers as opposed to a laminate (like for an afterparty).

12 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Atleast one show with video footage, more than I expected. But they have footage for hundreds of shows for fucks sake, only releasing 1 is a cop out when you consider that. If Vegas and Wembley came with the video footage too I'd actually spend all that money they're asking.

12 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Also I'm puzzled AGD is not included. They must really not think very highly of it. I thought it's just as good as any other deep track from UYI, and Slashs solo is kickass. And the 14 Years extended version would have been a definite highlight especially for people who never even heard it. But we get MATTS DRUM SOLO as a bonus track.

They could have just consulted 1 good fans opinion and what would be wanted and make this thing right but no, always something going wrong with this band. Ritz 1991 and a proper live version of Bad Apples are the best things out of this.

I agree with both of these. I mean they did consult Troccoli and he passed along all of our suggestions but this is still what we ended up with. He said the band decided to not include any demos/alt tracks.

1 hour ago, nycmale said:

Can you send a link for that?  $399 doesn't sound too bad.. 

37 minutes ago, Chris 55 said:

There were a lot of music videos and 3 video documentaries as well during this time. They could have put it all on 1 blu-ray. I dunno, I'm happy to have the music remastered but the more I think about what could and should have been, it bugs me. 

This! 

Why the fuck are all this videos not included? What's with this bare minimum shit all the time? 

• Like 1