UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

15 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I have to say - the effort was definitely there on putting together these live tracks. The mixes sound great. A step in the right direction as far as Guns N' Roses releases go. I think I'll get more long term enjoyment out of this than the Appetite box. Can't say I've given The Plague too many listens lately.

I agree.  I don't even listen to the AFD bonus stuff at all. I will be listening to these live tracks for a long long time on a regular basis. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Must be a surreal thing for shannon hoons family to see that dont cry

It would be a very sweet move from Axl to send the video (Or the whole box, F it) to his family along with a letter saying how much he liked shannon...

watching the boys from lafayette so happy on that stage really hit me...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheSlashrose said:

Shanoon was a big lost 

Video of Don't Cry really reminds me of how big a loss it was for music. There must be Blind Melon fans freaking out over new Blu Ray quality footage of that performance

Honestly, hearing how good this sounds is making reconsider how soon I purchase it. The Super Deluxe is currently $300 Canadian which is still far too much, but honestly if it dropped to around the $200 I'd probably just pull the trigger. The live stuff really does sound terrific and the Blu-ray is definitely needed in my collection.

In addition to the normal deluxes, these are the super deluxe tracks I will get out of respect:

Bad Obsession (Ritz), Brownstone (Ritz), My Michelle (Ritz), Estranged (Ritz), Double Talkin Jive (Ritz), Brownstone (Vegas), Double Talkin Jive (Vegas), Wild Horses (Vegas), November Rain (Vegas), Slash Solo (Vegas), Yesterdays (Vegas), My Michelle (Vegas)

EDIT: Nevermind, iTunes won’t let me download some of the tracks individually, so I’ll just stick to streaming for the super deluxe. I at least bought the normal deluxes.

Edited by rocknroll41

Another note for Live Era:

The source of Welcome to the Jungle on Live Era has long been debated and many even suspected it was somewhat of a cut and paste version - we can now definitely confirm it's the Vegas version. So cool to hear it in its unaltered form here. It sounds amazing.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

In addition to the normal deluxes, these are the super deluxe tracks I will get out of respect:

Brownstone (Ritz), My Michelle (Ritz), Estranged (Ritz), Double Talkin Jive (Ritz), Brownstone (Vegas), Double Talkin Jive (Vegas), Wild Horses (Vegas), November Rain (Vegas), Slash Solo (Vegas), Yesterdays (Vegas), My Michelle (Vegas)

I think the live version of November Rain can't be purchased separately as it's over 10 minutes long, iTunes always makes songs that are over 10 minutes "Album Only".

• Sad 1

Someone posted on another site that Slash's guitar is out of tune for the first 4 songs in Vegas which if true would mean the Live Era version of Nightrain was either completely overdubbed or another lead guitar track from another show was flown in.

Edited by UncleJosh
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, UncleJosh said:

Someone posted on another site that Slash's guitar is out of tune for the first 4 songs in Vegas which if true would mean the Live Era version of Nightrain was either completely overdubbed or another lead guitar track from another show was flown in.

Yeah I haven't done a side by side yet, but I'd say from about halfway through the main solo onwards. You can hear his guitar go out and then he's flat for the outro as well as the next couple of songs. I suspect on Live Era that the main solo onwards was just lifted from another performance. Tokyo maybe?

• Like 1