What do we know about the Coma girls?

How about My Michelle? It's So Easy? You Could Be Mine?  Pretty Tied Up? etc etc. 

GNR did peddle quite a lot of misogyny. In fact, you could maybe even argue it's the thing they concentrated on most in their lyrics. To pretend otherwise, or try to erase it, isn't really going to happen. 

Absurd isn't exactly an advert for feminism either is it?! 

NB: I really don't think misogyny is fine either. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

You're entitled to your opinion.

But seriously, isn't it just a curse word? I thought misogyny meant prejudice and hatred against women. What if a woman calls a man an asshole or another curse word. Does that mean she hates all men?

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Coma16 said:

If you think misogyny is fine in 2022 then I dont know what to tell you...

I don't want you to tell me anything ... I just think you're acting like a little "bitch" about album credits & lyrics from over 30 years ago from a band that rose to fame for its bad boy image and themes lol ...

• Like 1

I will still listen to those songs even if some people don't think it's correct now. So sick of being told what to listen to or what's right. If you're not hurting anyone, let it be.

Axl and GNR wrote songs from personal experience so for that time that's how they felt. Whether it's right or  wrong that was their feelings. I happen to enjoy "Back off Bitch" whether it's right or not. Who the hell cares?

I don't agree in calling anyone a bitch, but sometimes it seems to fit whoever you're calling one that. If we can't express anger and say curse words, OMG, we would go mad!

1 hour ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I don't want you to tell me anything ... I just think you're acting like a little "bitch" about album credits & lyrics from over 30 years ago from a band that rose to fame for its bad boy image and themes lol ...

I'm sorry for you. The women in your life must be proud 👏 

Edited by Coma16

14 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Most of us were listening to this stuff when we were 11/12/13 years old and at a formative age. 

Most of us aren't misogynistic, were never, never will be, and don't approve of it in others. 

That's probably all you need to know really. 

Yep. Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right. I find it incredible how people can be a fan of this band but be so easily nettled. Are we listening to the same band?

• Like 4