What do we know about the Coma girls?

It shouldn't be edited, it was his artistic statement at the time.

Personal view - it's typical from the cringy, edgelord man-child.  Same guy who thinks saying 'pussy full of maggots' is still cool at 60.  Same who gleefully shouts 'with your ass in the air' like a try-hard teenager.  Same guy who walks around with a skull topped cane and skull rings on each finger, wearing eyeliner.

It's just his personality.

Shouldn't be banned.  If you think it's cool, then good for you.

I thought it was embarrassing when I was about 12.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Coma16 said:

If you think misogyny is fine in 2022 then I dont know what to tell you...

Are you serious? I assume you are joking. 

47 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

If you think misogyny was fine in 1992 I don’t know what to tell you.... 

GNR are not close to misogynistic.

1 hour ago, Ixtlan said:

Are you serious? I assume you are joking. 

GNR are not close to misogynistic.

Yeah they were. Right smack back then in their heyday they were. It’s why a band like Nirvana despised them. But it’s something that’s there if you’re gonna listen to them, it was the same back then. 

53 minutes ago, Pele said:

Is this a serious statement?

Maybe he’s Michael Scott and thinks misogyny is like another term for fortune tellers or something..... 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

If he thinks "bitches" in the album credits is bad wait till he finds out what was going on during the band's party's after the shows ... Oh and definitely do not watch the ISE music video you might blow a gasket 

I remember the Faith No More guys saying they were disgusted by the after parties they threw. Also was wasted money for the band.

11 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Is calling a black person "n*gger" racist?

Same stupid question

That is complete nonsense. 

One is a word that is filled with hatred because of skin colour. The other is a word that can be used on men or women of any race and is specifically used in reference to personality. Not the same thing at all.

Of course there are plenty of examples of women being labelled bitches because they had backbone and stood up for themselves, that is of course misogynistic.... in the case of the album credits, let's be sensible and realise this was not intended to offend it was 100% a joke, whether it's funny is subjective and I doubt they'd be tagged that way if they were on a new album. Highly doubt they'll be scrubbing it for the remaster.

• Like 2

It's in poor taste and definitely a tad misogynistic but it's not the most offensive thing the band has done. Definitely a bad joke but something that was way more accepted at the time, especially in the rock scene and fits the image the band had at the time. It's something I've never heard mentioned until this thread. 

• Like 1

Well, there was a guy who thought we were being racist because we badmouthed "the Brazilian family" aka TB and therefore logically hated all Brazilians because of their ethnicity or whatever. Now there’s a guy saying the band is misogynist because of "bitches" (probably having missed half of GNR songs then). Plus we have two autists who know the entire catalogue and the status of completeness of each song based on a few demos from twenty years ago... This is what you get when you’re a fan of a band that hates releasing things and doing new exciting stuff. We’ve had threads about the type of spaghetti on the TSI cover or about Steven having possible gay stuff in his past. It’s a never-ending wellspring of fun, this forum. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Well, there was a guy who thought we were being racist because we badmouthed "the Brazilian family" aka TB and therefore logically hated all Brazilians because of their ethnicity or whatever. Now there’s a guy saying the band is misogynist because of "bitches" (probably having missed half of GNR songs then). Plus we have two autists who know the entire catalogue and the status of completeness of each song based on a few demos from twenty years ago... This is what you get when you’re a fan of a band that hates releasing things and doing new exciting stuff. We’ve had threads about the type of spaghetti on the TSI cover or about Steven having possible gay stuff in his past. It’s a never-ending wellspring of fun, this forum. 

What kind of spaghetti was it? link for the thread😜

• Like 1

8 hours ago, King_Johnny said:

I don't know, one of them snaps "Listen to me, Axl, are you listening to me?" when poor Axl is literally in a coma. Surely that's deserving of a little misogyny as a retort.

I haven't really listened to live versions in a while but do they omit this part? I actually like it on the album and think it adds to the song.

People forget that GnR were basically the biggest band on the planet when UYI came out, there wasn’t much they couldn’t get away with, and believe me, the censors did try to take them down at the time. It’s why the albums had a very specific warning label on them. If you’re too much of a snowflake to listen to it, then don’t.

• Like 1

The lyrics on the Use Your Illusion albums are relatively tame compared to what was happening in rap music at the time and for at least 10 years after. Kool G Rap released Live and Let Die in 1992 and the lyrics on that album make Guns N' Roses look wholesome in comparison.

Edited by mystery
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mansin Humanity said:

"Guns had bad lyrics but black people did it worse" 

:rolleyes:

Eminem got shit at the end of the 90s and early 2000s for his lyrics so way to generalize. Doesn't excuse anything Guns N ' Roses did but rap and hip hop pushed the line way further in the 90s-early 2000s. I say this as a fan of that genre who finds a lot of that era hard to go back to because of the lyrical content.