A formal petition to ban excessive list making on MYGNR

WhazUp

13 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

What if UYI was 3 discs? List your track list!

To answer this seriously: I would just keep the same running order as the actual version but break it out to ten songs on each disc. The pacing of that probably would’ve been decent, actually, though impractical.

11 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Maybe just create a new section for these two and don't allow them to post in DN

Ah fuck it, ban them...

I haven't been part of site management for years now but I can tell you that solution has been offered in the past. We used to offer whole sections of the site to certain people so they could make all the posts they wanted in that section. 

The offer was ways declined because "no one looks in other sections" or something similar. In short, it's about attention or at least that was my takeaway from those situations. 

At one time, it was about one of the biggest rock bands ever. Now, we get to talk about two birds who only possess notoriety because of the actual band's shit-tastic approach to music, business, reissues, anything and everything, etc.

What a time to be alive.

• GNFNR 1

11 hours ago, jamillos said:

I’d prefer it if he appeared suddenly and went off on a tirade like he did with Madison back then. You know, like "that’s right, you know jack shit" etc. That would be fun, and at least we’d possibly learn something new! 

Thing is, he can't can he.

He'd look even more ridiculous ranting that I'm wrong etc - then releasing Atlas Shrugged and Perhaps.

I know Beta's little defense league has been passing my comments on but they've chosen not to speak.

If he did come on and say I'm wrong, the forum would rejoice but guess what - the songs still wouldn't come.

I imagine Fernando will say something vague about the next single surprising people - then it turns out to be 'Aint Goin Down' from the Illusion sessions. 

I will preface this by saying I've not been paying close attention recently. I have a lot of RL stuff going on and beyond basic housekeeping stuff haven't read a lot of D&N threads since Xmas.

I'm guessing this thread is in response to the Holy Grail thread amongst other things. What I'm trying to work out is whether Cuban Skies is really breaking any rules or just that some posters find him annoying?

I'm seeing a mix of things here with some posters engaging in his thread and not seeming to mind his style nor his pet CD project and others who are seeing it as trolling/misdirection or attention seeking.

I appreciate little annoyances can build up to big ones but when it comes to moderation there's a greyish line between what is reasonable to ban someone for and what isn't. We've also for a long time tried to maintain a system of points in order for a poster to reflect on rule breaking, winding up other posters etc...We usually only go to insta ban for serious infractions, sock puppeting or OT spamming.

All in all I'm not sure what to think here as generally I do like to cut posters a bit of slack where reasonable. It's not always easy to see what is bad faith posting or just a personality thing.

Pele I think is a separate situation so I'd rather people didn't put all posters they have issues with into one basket so to speak. We can look at things on a case by case basis.

I'm going to move this to the Support section and will keep an eye on responses and a closer eye on the situation in general.

Thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alfierose said:

I will preface this by saying I've not been paying close attention recently. I have a lot of RL stuff going on and beyond basic housekeeping stuff haven't read a lot of D&N threads since Xmas.

I'm guessing this thread is in response to the Holy Grail thread amongst other things. What I'm trying to work out is whether Cuban Skies is really breaking any rules or just that some posters find him annoying?

I'm seeing a mix of things here with some posters engaging in his thread and not seeming to mind his style nor his pet CD project and others who are seeing it as trolling/misdirection or attention seeking.

I appreciate little annoyances can build up to big ones but when it comes to moderation there's a greyish line between what is reasonable to ban someone for and what isn't. We've also for a long time tried to maintain a system of points in order for a poster to reflect on rule breaking, winding up other posters etc...We usually only go to insta ban for serious infractions, sock puppeting or OT spamming.

All in all I'm not sure what to think here as generally I do like to cut posters a bit of slack where reasonable. It's not always easy to see what is bad faith posting or just a personality thing.

Pele I think is a separate situation so I'd rather people didn't put all posters they have issues with into one basket so to speak. We can look at things on a case by case basis.

I'm going to move this to the Support section and will keep an eye on responses and a closer eye on the situation in general.

Thanks

This is reasonable but I think EVERY thread it's ruined by the same two individuals.

If you look at Pele, he posts his nonsense (let's call it opinion) on EVERY topic, at every time, several times. Even multiple posts at a row, back to back to back, of the same thing he said 1000 times already. If you need some proof, just see the post right above yours.

It's not about his opinion (even though he can't possibly know what he is saying). It's that he ruins every single thread by repeating his stuff ad nauseam, and then every possible interesting interaction it's ruined and the thread turns out to be Pele saying "I'm right, the next songs will be Perhaps, OMG, The General, blabla, 99 rocks. You're all wrong and I know better". Then somebody will fall and reply to that, and he will say the same thing again, until the thread is ruined and all other conversations are gone.

I was legitimately interested on a couple of threads (like Slash's interview where he talks about GNR for once) and then all intentions of posting were long dead when I saw that it turned out to be another topic where Pele states his bullshit again.

Then you have the list maker, who is plain trolling making stuff up, claiming he has the new album, making a review, then claiming Pele is right, then making 1000 more lists, then bumping up every thread while posting some combination of what I listed (pun intended).

This has been happening for a while now. At first it was kind of fun, but it's just tiresome at this point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• downzy locked this topic