• Double Talkin' Jive
    • November Rain
    • The Garden
    • Garden Of Eden
    • Don't Damn Me
    • Dead Horse
    • Coma

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/2022 at 07:00 AM

44 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

It's one of my least favourite things classic GNR ever did alongside that horrendous Godfather solo. If it was about 5 minutes??? maybe it would be ok, but at 10+ minutes it's a drag and the riff is shite😄 Only good part is the breakdown section "No one's going to bother me anymore".

Ok that explains a lot.

• Like 1

Voted for Back off Bitch.

7 hours ago, Lio said:

I find it funny You Ain't the First gets so many votes. I've always found it a fun little laidback song.

5 hours ago, willl said:

I'm voting tactically for Back Off Bitch to try to prevent You Ain't The First from being voted out so early :D  

Back off Bitch and Garden of Eden needs to go before You Aint't The First.

Edited by We love Axl Rose

1 hour ago, Jakey Styley said:

Trying to get Don’t Damn Me out of here. Always thought the riff was cheesy and the song is just uninteresting in general. Not my favorite showing of Axl

What?! I love it. Good lyrics , rocker and i always love when Axl sings with his low voice and goes full rasp at the end. Great song

I don't get why some of You don't like Bad obsession. Such a different song and pretty fun. 90's live performances were cool as fuck

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jakey Styley said:

Trying to get Don’t Damn Me out of here. Always thought the riff was cheesy and the song is just uninteresting in general. Not my favorite showing of Axl

I'm voting for it also. One of my least favorite GN'R songs. Absolutely boring and feels like a lyrical retread of other (better) songs also on the Illusion albums. 

3 hours ago, agustingloger said:

What?! I love it. Good lyrics , rocker and i always love when Axl sings with his low voice and goes full rasp at the end. Great song

And Slash takes you on a roller coaster ride with that extraordinary solo.

You have to be out of your god damn minds if you're voting for You Ain't The First this early. 

It's the only 3/4 time-signature song in GNR's catalogue and is a fun little song.  I use to sing this to my daughter when putting her to sleep before she got old enough to understand what the song is about. 

Dust N' Bones for me.  While I like the song, it's any Izzy led vocal song just doesn't hold up against Axl's vocals.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, downzy said:

You have to be out of your god damn minds if you're voting for You Ain't The First this early. 

It's the only 3/4 time-signature song in GNR's catalogue and is a fun little song.  I use to sing this to my daughter when putting her to sleep before got old enough to understand what the song is about. 

Dust N' Bones for me.  While I like the song, it's any Izzy led vocal song just doesn't hold up against Axl's vocals.  

So we have to be out of our minds if we're voting for You Ain't The First but you vote for Dust N Bones this early? Just let me know if I'm right :lol: that's hilarious.

Imo DNB is the second best Izzy song on the Illusions right after 14 Years and before Double Talkin Jive. All three of them belong to the strongest Illusion songs.

We know how this voting will end. Just like the other two albums, the big singles will win out over the deep cuts. To each their own but y’all crazy lol

november rain or don’t cry will win this. Just like jungle and Patience won. Estranged or you could be mine will win UYI II. 

I voted DnB and I'm not ashamed of it - I definitely consider it way more appropriate than voting RNDTH, PC or even Coma (!!) this early. Also, Garden of Eden is an ass kicker, leave it alone, everyone.

2 hours ago, ryanf23 said:

We know how this voting will end. Just like the other two albums, the big singles will win out over the deep cuts. To each their own but y’all crazy lol

november rain or don’t cry will win this. Just like jungle and Patience won. Estranged or you could be mine will win UYI II. 

Well, not entirely. Big hits won alright, but other ones were eliminated quite early on, like SCOM or PC, so it was interesting all the way.

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

I remember seeing this MTV thing where they gave random people on the street UYI (1, I think.) Told them to listen to it and come back with their opinions. This one guy, a small middle aged Asian dude in a suit, was like yeah it’s ok but a bit depressing. I thought wtf, depressing? Then I thought more about UYI 1 and realised, he’s kinda right. Pretty much all the songs are about woes with women, angry diatribes or general laments. Is there a single ‘upbeat, song on it? Garden Of Eden maybe, a bit. But that’s pretty crap filler anyway lol. 

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

I voted DnB and I'm not ashamed of it - I definitely consider it way more appropriate than voting RNDTH, PC or even Coma (!!) this early. Also, Garden of Eden is an ass kicker, leave it alone, everyone.

Well, not entirely. Big hits won alright, but other ones were eliminated quite early on, like SCOM or PC, so it was interesting all the way.

I’m just salty when I saw it’s so easy eliminated before jungle lol

39 minutes ago, ryanf23 said:

I’m just salty when I saw it’s so easy eliminated before jungle lol

The thing with Jungle is, it’s too much of an anthem and legend to be put in any polls. In fact, once we’re done with all the records, we should create an all-song poll, but without the biggest, obvious hits. But then we’d probably firstly have to vote which ones should be omitted. :D

• Like 1