• 14 Years
    • Yesterdays
    • Breakdown
    • Pretty Tied Up
    • Locomotive
    • Estranged
    • You Could Be Mine

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/31/2022 at 06:00 AM

With all the people voting, it's driving us mad!

Don't Cry (Alternate Lyrics)...is gone!

Which song will be next to go?

Round 1 - My World
Round 2 - Shotgun Blues
Round 3 - So Fine
Round 4 - Get In The Ring
Round 5 - Knockin' on Heaven's Door
Round 6 - Don't Cry (Alternate Lyrics)
Round 7 - ???
Round 8 - ???
Round 9 - ???
Round 10 - ???
Round 11 - ???
Round 12 - ???
Round 13 - ???
Round 14 - ???

HOW IT WORKS: Each round, you vote for your LEAST FAVORITE of the options. The option with the most votes gets eliminated in the next round, and so on, until only one song remains.

Edited by History2010
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm rather shocked Don't Cry (Alt) lasted this long. I feel it's totally pointless and nowhere near as good as the original. Should have been nothing more than a B-side to the single, not a song you'd put on the album! Ain't Goin Down could've easily taken it's place! Perhaps Don't Cry (Alt) is still better than some of the songs we've eliminated already? 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Breakdown, one of the best songs, and lunatics voting it out already... :facepalm:

underrated song, 

I didn't like it as a kid but over the years it become one of my favorites   

You could be mine is my favorite and Civil war for the lyrics

• Like 1

I am pretty happy with how this is turning out. The first three songs that were voted off were by far the ones I like the least, too, and the four with the most votes now are the ones I would want to go next, too. So we are looking at Civil War, Estranged, Coma and Locomotive in the end -great! The only place I would disagree was with voting out Don't Cry alternate so early. That's a great song, in my opinion, and even better than than original version. Arguments that it should go because it is duplicate, doesn't make sense to me. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I am pretty happy with how this is turning out. The first three songs that were voted off were by far the ones I like the least, too, and the four with the most votes now are the ones I would want to go next, too. So we are looking at Civil War, Estranged, Coma and Locomotive in the end -great! The only place I would disagree was with voting out Don't Cry alternate so early. That's a great song, in my opinion, and even better than than original version. Arguments that it should go because it is duplicate, doesn't make sense to me. 

You seem to have a very special version of UYI II :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, El Guapo said:

And the verses and the refrain, then it would be a cool tune.

I actually like the refrain; it's campy, but I can't help but like it :). And Axl's vocal lines in the verses are mostly good (as are the lyrics), and so is Slash's guitar riff from the second verse or so. From the second verse of so I hear glimpses of what the song could have become if it wasn't so schizophrenic, if they had made it a more typical slow-to-hard rocker without all that honky tonk crap. It needs tidying up, basically.