09/01/22 - Manaus, BR - Arena da Amazônia

alfierose

4 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

Well I've now seen it all. Beta signed an autograph?! And a huge cheer for Fortus. GnR could tour there for the next ten years and not need to release a single new piece of music. 

I guess it's partly because they've never played there and it's very far from the other Brazilian cities they usually play. I don't know if bands even go there often (?)

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I guess it's partly because they've never played there and it's very far from the other Brazilian cities they usually play. I don't know if bands even go there often (?)

This is not a route for international bands, so yes, it's a very exotic thing to a very exotic place!

But if I'm not wrong the Arena Amazônia is one of Brazil's biggest stadiums, almost as big as Morumbi in São Paulo and Maracanã at Rio.

So it will pack and the band wil be in awe!

Edited by Legendador
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Legendador said:

This is not a route for international bands, so yes, it's a very exotic thing to a very exotic place!

But if I'm not wrong the Arena Amazônia is one of Brazil's biggest stadiums, almost as big as Morumbi in São Paulo and Maracanã at Rio.

So it will pack and the band wil be in awe!

the stadium is of medium size, with 44 thousand people. an image of with the stage setup:

FbBei1qWAAApqQj?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pinball Wizard said:

I just saw a clip of a 74 year old woman holding a picture of duff in what looked like the front of the hotel, very excited about the fact the band is playing there.

These kind of things warm my heart.

https://twitter.com/gnrnewsbrasil/status/1565086710534475779?t=3c-6FCaIb518lGB-DWrrYQ&s=19

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

Screenshot-20220831-223717-Instagram.jpgMatt Sorum and Gilby Clarke together in São Paulo Brazil. Could this be a coincidence?

https://instagram.com/stories/daniellaclarkestyle/2917353047154601942?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

It can't be just a coincidence. Right? I mean what are the odds that these two are in Brazil just as GNR and won't show up at the show 

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

A cidade do segundo show ainda está longe de lá.

E depois disso é RIR. Faz sentido se houver um anúncio para o lançamento do box set UYI, já que RIR 1991 foi o primeiro show "UYI" (mesmo que Gilby não estivesse lá).

Matt Sorum deserves a chance. Without a doubt, he is the best drummer.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The city of the second show is still far from there.

And after that it's RIR. It makes sense if there's an announcement for the release of the UYI box set, since RIR 1991 was the first "UYI" show (even though Gilby wasn't there).

There's also the show in Florianopolis on Sept. 18, which I think is at a small venue.