The only good thing about Silkworms/Absurd was the towel mans epic intro, that is cut from the Official release

Towel mans intro  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Old intro or new shit

• Old Towel intro
    • new shit

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/20/2022 at 08:15 PM

I prefer the new version because I think Slash and Duff improve Axl's arrangements, but I also think it suffers from an identity crisis. It was the most "out there" new GNR song that we heard and it was turned into a strange hybrid which doesn't really hit. I don't like the song, but think it's natural home is the original Pitman/Dizzy/Bucket version.

I've always liked the insanity of "Silkworms" - slight preference for the old one because I love the intro & Bucket/Bumble on it, but I really dig the new recording too.

Actually the only thing I don't like on the new one is them replacing "semen" with "demon" - though I suppose I get why.

Also is Pittman "Towel Man"?

The intro to the old arrangement always gave me a wave of nostalgia hearing the live versions, takes me back to being a much younger fan discovering the mystery and craziness that was the CD era in the mid-to-late 2000s lol

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jakey Styley said:

For sure. It’s a sad excuse for a chorus.

The crazy thing is that the other version had a cool chorus. Keep that, remove the pussy maggot line, add a longer guitar solo after the bridge, and it’s a cool song

6 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Slightly off topic but I've akways thought Pitman would be fascinating to interview properly, from the early days of 98 and one of the first pieces of music being recorded for Madagascar through to 2016 when he was sacked. 

I've heard he keeps a fairly low profile these days. I believe he was helping Axl mix CD2 before the reunion happened. So, hopefully he needs more money one of these days. ;)

17 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I've heard he keeps a fairly low profile these days. I believe he was helping Axl mix CD2 before the reunion happened. So, hopefully he needs more money one of these days. ;)

They all signed nda's, so I'm guessing in the future, if you get what I'm saying, we will have a lot more info about those years. Although Robin and bucket were akways fairly private anyway. Tommy would be interesting though. 

Where's Paul Huge when you need him. 

• Like 1